I lost my beautiful little chap to colic last night and my heart is breaking

cambrica

Visit site
I am so sorry and my heart goes out to you. I too lost my beautiful mare this year to colic. Unexpected and not easy to come to terms with but it does get better as days pass.
Run free beautiful boy.

Archiesmummy

Visit site
I am so so sorry for your loss. I hope you will get some comfort knowing there are people here who are here for you.

Thinking of you at this sad time and hoping the memories of your time together will help your heart heal x

Burmilla

Visit site
I am so sorry for your loss. Thank you for looking after him for seventeen years of his life, and being there for him to the end, and beyond. Much love to you. Please allow yourself to grieve however seems best. Grief changes over time. Eventually, one can live alongside it.

Lexie81

Visit site
So sad for you. RIP lovely boy. It does get easier with time, I lost my little lad in June, now I can look back and remember the happy times with a smile, but for a while it will feel like the worst thing ever. Starflower Bachs remedy helped me and my little girl, it was her pony we lost. it is good for shock and grief, a few drops in water, you can get it in boots. Take care x

jodie3

Visit site
So very sorry to hear your sad news.

You were with him when he needed you most although I know that doesn't make it any easier for you.

Remember all the good times you had together.

Run free from pain now much loved little chap.

xx

Brownmare

Visit site
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how you feel having lost my horse of a lifetime to a broken leg 10 days ago. I think I was in shock for about 3 days and it all felt very unreal but it's starting to get a little easier now. I only had my girl for 6 years so I can only try to imagine how much greater your loss is after 17 years so **hugs** and at least you can take comfort from knowing you did everything you could for him x

charlyan

Visit site
I'm so sorry... I know exactly how you feel- I lost my horse of a lifetime to colic last Sunday, after a 15 hour fight. Heartbroken doesn't cover it. Thinking of you xx

mightymammoth

Visit site
I'm so sorry for your loss. I know how you feel having lost my horse of a lifetime to a broken leg 10 days ago. I think I was in shock for about 3 days and it all felt very unreal but it's starting to get a little easier now. I only had my girl for 6 years so I can only try to imagine how much greater your loss is after 17 years so **hugs** and at least you can take comfort from knowing you did everything you could for him x

Saw your story on phoenix the other day, my heart breaks for both you and the OP. Have thought of you both often this last day or so..