"Intelligent Horsemanship", IHDG forum - dictatorship?

noobs31

Visit site
On seeing a link on here to a Youtube vid, in which Monty Roberts clearly states that his books were the inspiration for the War Horse stage play, I naively resurrected my ancient IHDG account in order to seek clarification.

Other users on the forum concurred his words were at best, confusing.

I received (via an "RA") an incredibly lengthy response from Monty on the matter. Which didn't clear things up much.

At no point did I or anyone get shirty - in fact, I have only bothered to revisit the thread today, as I forgot all about it!

On doing so, I am astounded that I have been BANNED from the forum!!! Simply for daring to politely ask an entirely plausible question?!

No PMs, no email, nothing by way of warning or justification for the ban.

I have emailed the moderator for an explanation.

Is this not wholly reminiscent of a cult? But more than that...his words were quite clear, and also his demeanour odd in the vid...has he become delusional, and are his minions now in panic?

I hope so.

Thoughts?!

Ibblebibble

Visit site
not seen the link in question so can't really comment on whether the cheese has slipped of Monty's cracker;)
as for the ihdg forum, is there perhaps a list of commandments, i mean terms and conditions stating ' thou must not doubt the word of thy leader' or something that you may have missed:)

Littlelegs

Visit site
Lol at ibblebibble. Not heard of most recent claims re warhorse, however imo monty has become ever more delusional of recent years.

lula

Visit site
Curious.

i'd be very interested in making sure i got a reply from the moderator with an explanation and if i didnt id keep emailing until i did.

just to double check, you SURE you've been banned and not just got your username or password mixed up and cant get entry to the site.. Does it say you've been banned?

Bikerchickone

Visit site
Lol. Sounds to me like it's a case of follow the party line or you're not allowed into the party!

Agree with littlelegs, sounds like he's getting delusional!

cptrayes

Visit site
David Ike and Noel Edmonds are words that come into my mind. Is the man completely off his rocker? WAR HORSE?????

noobs31

Visit site
ChristmasPTrees I shall try and find the link again for you. He clearly says it. I think, what he means is, how the model horse moved was based on his books as he did work with them on that.

But I found the entire vid strange to say the least. And Monty's response via his minion was a tad disturbing - he called the thread "verbiage".

I just wondered, is he losing it, as he comes across very odd in the vid. But then I've not ever watched him before so maybe he's always been that way.

I only registered on that forum many years ago as I googled a problem I had with a horse I was riding at the time and a thread on there came up. So I joined. Barely ever posted at all.

Then this one polite question and bam...banned with no warning nor explanation. Yes I shall insist on a response as to why.

I can still see the forums and the thread has been deleted.

I was not remotely confrontational nor accusatory as I know what a delicate bunch they are.

And most definitely I have been banned, it says clearly "You have been banned from this forum...".

A bit high handed, I felt. I was always suspicious of the "IH" motive and now I am triply so!!

noobs31

Visit site
I fear we have only minutes left before the followers descend upon this thread in indignation...but I'm still confused. There was no need to take affront. I think he just worded it badly...why not just say so? Why get so defensive?

I do wish I'd copied down his response now. It was three paragraphs long. Awfully wordy and not a lot of sense made. It seemed awfully "political".

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Good question...he's fine isn't he?! Are you referring to his "ask the universe" thing? (Sorry to make it sound like a game show, can't remember proper term)

I have no idea... i remeber the ike man in his tracksuit saying he was the son of god or something.... but have no idea about Noel ??

It sounds like both Monty and Pat have blown a gasket believing their own hype....

noobs31

Visit site
Lol at ibblebibble. Not heard of most recent claims re warhorse, however imo monty has become ever more delusional of recent years.
Ibblebibble what has made you think this? I have never rated the guy highly. For a multitude of reasons. I'd love to think he were a victim of his own machine. Because at the end of the day I still don't believe he does horses any good. He's always seemed a shameless money-making machine to me. As for using the buckstopper on breakers...that's when I finally switched off.

Tinypony

Visit site
Noobs, are you someone who was previously banned from IHDG under another name? they might have looked back at history and picked up an IP address.

Roasted Chestnuts

Visit site
Wow not been on there in ages lol!!!

Wonder why you were banned, seen some phenominal debates on there and been involved in a few myself against some of the top names (HM) and not been banned som you mst have been a real bad girl lol :D

noobs31

Visit site
Wow not been on there in ages lol!!!

Wonder why you were banned, seen some phenominal debates on there and been involved in a few myself against some of the top names (HM) and not been banned som you mst have been a real bad girl lol :D

But that's the thing. I wasn't. I simply asked for clarification. And was banned! Even after I got a full response from "Monty". The response was a tad overboard. Then next thing I know, I'm not even allowed on there.

Maybe you should attempt another "phenomenal debate" and see if it's allowed nowadays.

And who is "HM"? Heather Moffatt? I'm not sure she is affiliated to "Intelligent Horsemanship", is she?

Ladyinred

Visit site
I am banned from that forum as well, because I dared to question Monty about working the TWH for a minimum of 8 minutes. He denied he had done any such thing despite the video and timer being on YouTube for all to see.

Thou shalt not question god or his angel for fear of great retribution :)

Dry Rot

Visit site
Isn't there an ancient manual somewhere giving advice to princes on how to rule?

The bit I remember is that the aspiring leader should quash all dissent -- even when they are right!:D Can't remember the name of the manuscript but I've always remembered that bit! No use trying to fight them as you are damned just for opening your mouth. Even worse if you happen to be right -- or (perish the thought) a whistle blower.:eek::eek::eek:

Pale Rider

Visit site
Isn't there an ancient manual somewhere giving advice to princes on how to rule?

The bit I remember is that the aspiring leader should quash all dissent -- even when they are right!:D Can't remember the name of the manuscript but I've always remembered that bit! No use trying to fight them as you are damned just for opening your mouth. Even worse if you happen to be right -- or (perish the thought) a whistle blower.:eek::eek::eek:

The Prince, by Niccolò Machiavelli

This the one you mean?