"Intelligent Horsemanship", IHDG forum - dictatorship?

ISHmad

Visit site
Seem to recall that Monty and Kelly helped with the stage show and that the handsome Pie appeared in the production? Didn't realise he was trying to claim it was anything more than that though.

Noobs you need to remember that with the IHDG Moderators they break their own guidelines. You must learn to kiss butt, not dare to disagree with the favourites then you will be okay and can get away with anything. Dare to speak out against the chosen few and as you have found pfft you vanish in a cloud of smoke!

When Janet George got banned from there that switched a whole raft of members, myself included, off the IHDG. Shame, as there are some decent knowledgeable people on there but there has to be a sense of balance.

Ibblebibble

Visit site
Just watched the start of that... Very odd, unless Michael Morpurgo also goes under the alias of Monty Roberts.

yes i thought it was mr morpurgo who wrote war horse and it was his story the stage play and the film were based on;) we could all be wrong of course and really it was mr Roberts:eek:
in that clip it does come across as Monty claiming that his books were inspiration for it, very misleading:rolleyes:

cptrayes

Visit site
ChristmasPTrees I shall try and find the link again for you. He clearly says it. I think, what he means is, how the model horse moved was based on his books as he did work with them on that.

Even that's gaga! You can't base the movement of a puppet on descriptions in books, can you? The man is barking :D

noobs31

Visit site
Yeah dead strange, why not drop an email? Or can you not see the site at all??

I have done Xmas, no response yet.

I'm sure it's just bad/odd wording by Monty in the vid. He's got to be on about his involvement with how the mechanical horse moved. But that's clearly not what he says.

To be fair though I find the vid odd - they wrote a play, "because that's what playwrights do".

Luci07

Visit site

BeesKnees

Visit site
Yep in that video clip, he definitely suggests the play was based on his books. He actually seems to be unaware that War Horse was a book originally, before being turned into a play?

Nothing quite like the ego of a famous person surrounded by sycophants.

Bundle20

Visit site
Its all on the IHDG thread - Monty's reply and so on.

http://ihdg.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=gh11&action=display&thread=125474

Noobs you seem to have a lot of time to try and drum up hatred for an old man who has really helped a lot of people with their horses (and if it's not for you then don't use a dually or starting stalls blanket or get on another horse to touch your head shy horse etc).

It was in The Telegraph the other day after the Balls Up after the budget statement that David Cameron once said his daughter persuaded him to vote for Will Young in X factor (his daughter wasn't born at the time) there was something similar about Tony Blair saying about his son loving a footballer (son wasn't born). People in real life do get things wrong sometimes.

On the IHDG he apologises and yet you still attack him. I bet you are a real joy to have at a party.

Happy Christmas!

Blurr

Visit site
I'm a member of the IHDG and I saw the thread you're referring to, Noobs31. You asked a very reasonable question in a very reasonable way, so not sure why they'd want to ban you (in a reasonable world).

I watched the youtube video you posted on the thread and totally agree, MR makes it sounds as if the play is based on his books. His response, which was peculiarly long for such a simple question (I guess to obfuscate matters), not a straight out denial nor an apology for misleading the general public. His reference to 'verbiage' I do believe was to his own words in the video rather than to the thread you started, though why he chose that word is beyond me, it's a strange one and didn't fit with the level of the rest of the response at all.

I think MR may simply have lost the plot. He's long been given to making the world fit his alternative reality and does himself no favours by doing so. He's not a bad horseman, though I've seen better, I'm just not sure that naturally makes him not a bad person. Like Mr P he has illusions of grandeur.

Sorry you got banned and hope you get a proper reply.

ps - all of this is of course my own opinion and written from my own pov. I have attended the IH courses and been a demo helper more times than I care to count. I've learnt a lot and I've moved on but I've never changed my mind about MR, not from when I first saw a video of his when I was at uni in about '98. I didn't like him then, I thought he was a liar, and I think the same now.

noobs31

Visit site
Bundle I have no idea what you're reading. Blurr thank you that's much more how I saw it!

I am allowed to find the entire thing really quite strange. Very interesting to hear it's standard for users to get banned too. Whoever said earlier in this thread it's slightly Machiavellian I think was spot on!

Christsam

Visit site
just listened to the question on the link and yes, he does definately say "It was in 2008 when they wrote this play based on the books that I have written" so for the RA to then go on to moan about you saying that "If anyone interprets my words to suggest that the play or the movie War Horse was based on my books this is absolutely incorrect" is a bit silly really! obvs you questioned something so you needed to be exterminated! lol :D

noobs31

Visit site
I thought it was horse whisperer which he said was based in him? Personally I loathed that story with a passion. Yes had a happy outcome but hated how it started and how long the horse was left.

Luci I had completely forgotten about this, but yes you are right! I remember how Monty claimed the story was about him, causing the author to actually issue a statement saying no, it was not!

This thread is good.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=390530

Oh Monty/IHDG. If you'd only have answered a civil question sensibly and not felt it necessary to ban me, I'd have gone away quietly.

amandap

Visit site
I am banned from that forum as well, because I dared to question Monty about working the TWH for a minimum of 8 minutes. He denied he had done any such thing despite the video and timer being on YouTube for all to see.

Thou shalt not question god or his angel for fear of great retribution :)
I thought you had more than one identity.

Don't know about IH being a cult but I see some anti Monty stuff online that is definitely a cult. Sameold, sameolds spewing out their vitriole.

PandorasJar

Visit site
Strange. I think he genuinely believes it, kind of feel sorry for the bloke. Grew up thinking he was pretty awesome as a kid having read one book but think the need to be admired and recognised dominates, I for one hope to never be in that position, doesn't look a happy place.

noobs31

Visit site
just listened to the question on the link and yes, he does definately say "It was in 2008 when they wrote this play based on the books that I have written" so for the RA to then go on to moan about you saying that "If anyone interprets my words to suggest that the play or the movie War Horse was based on my books this is absolutely incorrect" is a bit silly really! obvs you questioned something so you needed to be exterminated! lol :D
Yep. That was me, drumming up "hatred for an old man" lol.

MissChaos

Visit site
There is a bit is sense in cosmic ordering. You do need to be clear about what you want in order to get it!

I was about to post about how finally, I’ll have decent genes, a lottery win, all the time in the world and dazzling wit and charm to boot.

Then I snorted coffee at the ‘Top 10 Stupid iPhone Apps’ on the Fail article.

Then I realised I not only found an aspect of the Fail non-ironically amusing but was nodding my head.

Now I just feel sick, confused, lost and definitely not very positive (but if I can change my positive attitude, I can go back to point 1; what a vicious circle. Now I have a headache). This day just gets better and better.

Ladyinred

Visit site
I thought you had more than one identity.

Don't know about IH being a cult but I see some anti Monty stuff online that is definitely a cult. Sameold, sameolds spewing out their vitriole.

Nope, not me. I have enough trouble remembering who I am anyway. I used a different log in name on IHDG, but I was only there once, if that makes sense.

Pale Rider

Visit site
Means an Intelligent Horsemanship-y person. (Faints clean away...).

Lol, nothing more mystical then.

I've decided that Monty Roberts does exist, but as an amalgum of anybody and everybody he's ever met who he thinks can make his own life sound a bit more interesting.

He's done OK for an average trainer.

FairyLights

Visit site
If you disagree with some aspects of IH and challenge them for answers to your questions you find yourself banned from that forum. I speak as one who is banned.

Tinypony

Visit site
(shrug) I don't see the point in hanging around where you're not wanted. There's no law that says that forum owners have to let everybody be a member. It's only the internet.

fburton

Visit site
There is a lot of twaddle posted on every forum discussing Intelligent Horsemanship. Most of the posters are making judgements based on one incident - and most posters have no idea of what IH or nh is!! Most posters are basing their judgements on learner horsemen or prejudiced media reports......

The pot calling the kettle black, Alyth? :rolleyes: