Introducing the spotty sprog!

Jinx94

Visit site
A little over a week ago, the breeder that I visited last Monday emailed me. She wanted to check if I had a shortlist even though I was going to see one specific yearling and had attached a picture of their newest surprise foal which she later asked me to name. This was the photo I was sent:

lantrespjanetfoal16thaug0081_zps2bbe0176.jpg

He looked beautiful but I didn't think I wanted him - didn't think I liked his face, plus I had wanted the yearling since last October and didn't want to deviate from that.

On Monday, I met the yearling and really liked him though I didn't feel as strongly as I thought I would. I got to meet three of her stallions and a few mares as well as more foals than I could count! Then we went to see the newbie. Again, I thought he was cute, but I was determined not to like him because I didn't want to be swayed by fluffy cuteness. But the more I looked, the more I liked him (hadn't felt at all like this when seeing the other foals). And then mum decided she didn't want him to be seen anymore and cantered off. As soon as he moved off after her, it hit me that I had to have him though it took a few days for me to come to terms with it as I had been so determined to get the yearling.

So, introducing Penpont Tristan :D

tristan24thaug3543_zps13c5f2c0.jpg

tristan24thaug3455_zpsd0ed8943.jpg

tristan24thaug3454_zps08131a2d.jpg

tristan24thaug3453_zpsf1565953.jpg

lurcherlu

Visit site
He will be by the same sire as breeze and his grandad will be roddy llewellyn ?? The welsh d stallion that most of the mares are by :) wahoo welcome to the penpont brigade ;)

Jinx94

Visit site
Congratulations! I can see why you went for him. I like the name too. :D

It was just a random suggestion that stuck! :)

He will be by the same sire as breeze and his grandad will be roddy llewellyn ?? The welsh d stallion that most of the mares are by :) wahoo welcome to the penpont brigade ;)

Yep :) I'm looking forward to seeing how he grows up! He's got some grey around his ears and a tiny bit on his face so we think he'll end up as a leopard or near leopard - either way I can't believe he's mine, it still feels pretty surreal!! We knew that I'd be joining at some point ;) If he turns out half as nicely as Breeze has, I wouldn't be surprised if I go back for more!!

_GG_

Visit site
Jinx, he looks lovely. I really really like him, love the name. The Dam looks a really nice sort and what a lovely youngster he will grow into in such a lovely environment :)

Congratulations xxx

Jinx94

Visit site
Thanks so much :) once weaned he'll be moving to a small stud two miles from me where he'll be living out in a mixed herd. I've already asked about assistance when necessary and they've said that they're more than happy to help when needed and to ask as many questions as I like, it's fab knowing that I have a decent support network!

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
A little over a week ago, the breeder that I visited last Monday emailed me. She wanted to check if I had a shortlist even though I was going to see one specific yearling and had attached a picture of their newest surprise foal which she later asked me to name. This was the photo I was sent:

lantrespjanetfoal16thaug0081_zps2bbe0176.jpg

He looked beautiful but I didn't think I wanted him - didn't think I liked his face, plus I had wanted the yearling since last October and didn't want to deviate from that.

On Monday, I met the yearling and really liked him though I didn't feel as strongly as I thought I would. I got to meet three of her stallions and a few mares as well as more foals than I could count! Then we went to see the newbie. Again, I thought he was cute, but I was determined not to like him because I didn't want to be swayed by fluffy cuteness. But the more I looked, the more I liked him (hadn't felt at all like this when seeing the other foals). And then mum decided she didn't want him to be seen anymore and cantered off. As soon as he moved off after her, it hit me that I had to have him though it took a few days for me to come to terms with it as I had been so determined to get the yearling.

So, introducing Penpont Tristan :D

tristan24thaug3543_zps13c5f2c0.jpg

tristan24thaug3455_zpsd0ed8943.jpg

tristan24thaug3454_zps08131a2d.jpg

tristan24thaug3453_zpsf1565953.jpg

Gorgeous, personally speaking I love his face - a really cutee I would be honored to have him for my own. Lucky you, think of the showing classes you can take him in (And win)

Jinx94

Visit site
Gorgeous, personally speaking I love his face - a really cutee I would be honored to have him for my own. Lucky you, think of the showing classes you can take him in (And win)

Once he's grown up, hopefully! I'd love to do a little in hand showing with him once he's a bit older to get him used to the environment, but if he has a constant ugly duckling phase that might not be the case! The owner of the stud I'll be keeping him at events, so I might see if she'll let me bring him along if I pay half of the fuel - to me it could be a good alternative if he is an ugly duckling, and it'll also mean that I haven't slogged for an age to get him looking beautiful only for someone to disagree with me :p

Spot_the_Risk

www.animalcrackersdevon.co.uk
I expect he is by Jayson, and closely related to my Tinner who was out of Laney.
There are loads of Tinner pics in the photo gallery on here! I hope you enjoy your youngster... There is a Penpont Ponies FB page BtW!

Jinx94

Visit site
I expect he is by Jayson, and closely related to my Tinner who was out of Laney.
There are loads of Tinner pics in the photo gallery on here! I hope you enjoy your youngster... There is a Penpont Ponies FB page BtW!

He is by Jayson :) ooh will have a nose around!! I'm sure I will - I'll probably have days where I curse myself for buying him, but that's just part of having horses :p am already on the fb page! :)

Jinx94

Visit site
Not much of an update, but I do have new photos!!

If you look at this one closely, you can see the grey right at the base of his ear so 90% certain that he'll end up leopard or near-leopard!!

2ndsept14046tristan2_zps6d5a6d70.jpg

But this one is definitely my favourite!!

2ndsept14046tristan3_zpse8215c0a.jpg

I can't get over how stunning he is and cannot wait for him to get here! :D

Jinx94

Visit site
Had another update! He's growing up nicely imo, though his front cannons are looking a little short. He's going to be halter broken in a few weeks time and should be joining me late December/early January!!

His face is starting to change colour and the breeder has said that he's developing more spots on his head and neck - so so happy and incredibly excited!!!

londonlaneastnov14037_zps8a2929eb.jpg

londonlaneastnov14044_zps630e12e2.jpg

sasquatch

Visit site
He is gorgeous! I do have a soft spot for the spotty ones :)

He has a very cheeky face, looks like he's going to be a big character and big fun!

Jinx94

Visit site
He is gorgeous! I do have a soft spot for the spotty ones :)

He has a very cheeky face, looks like he's going to be a big character and big fun!

I'm really glad you think so :) after comments from a friend about him being poor quality (I have previously said he's not 'best quality' and therefore not suitable for breeding, but she took it too far) anyone saying that they like him pretty much makes my day!

Agreed! I'm sure you guys will be asked for advice on a semi-regular basis (whenever I feel that advice is needed tbh, I'm not scared to admit when I need a little help or some alternative suggestions as to how to tackle any situations that arise) and this thread will be updated on a regular basis :)

sasquatch

Visit site
I'm really glad you think so :) after comments from a friend about him being poor quality (I have previously said he's not 'best quality' and therefore not suitable for breeding, but she took it too far) anyone saying that they like him pretty much makes my day!

Agreed! I'm sure you guys will be asked for advice on a semi-regular basis (whenever I feel that advice is needed tbh, I'm not scared to admit when I need a little help or some alternative suggestions as to how to tackle any situations that arise) and this thread will be updated on a regular basis :)

Imo it's very unfair to comment on a foals conformation as they have so much growing to do, any idea you have on what they'll look like is a very rough one!

All that matters is you like him and you get on with him, and you both are able to do what you'd like to do together. You're willing to get help and do the best by him - there are many of us here who are well aware that our horses are not and never will be 'breeding quality' but it doesn't mean they're poor quality, their qualities and talents just lie in different areas than reproducing!

Jinx94

Visit site
Thank you! Give him a few years and I'm sure that all of her current thoughts about him will be totally blown out of the water ;) I doubt we'll end up going around Badminton, but I'm aiming for him to have brilliant manners, be a good allrounder and be as bombproof as his temperament allows for :)

I'd rather he had those traits than crazy amounts of talent and be quirky, that way should I ever have to loan him/sell him I know that he'd be more likely to find a good home :)

Jinx94

Visit site
ohmygod ohmygod ohmygod I have a date booked with their transporter!! :D

So, so, so excited right now! Will be booking the vet for vaccs by the end of next week and confirming the date with the yard he's going to!

I can't believe it! Even though I have the photos and get all excited and love to flash the photos I have and tell people that he's mine (well, deposit paid) it's only now that it has really sunk in!!

He'll be arriving in the first week of January, so he's a late Christmas gift to myself :p