Irrational annoyances...

Gingerwitch

Visit site
Molly King on Radio 1 annoys me, she is a terrible presenter - very stilted, forced and particularly unfunny.
If were doing radio..... radio 2 the breakfast show And the drive time.... I loved these programmes bug the two girls presenting them now omg their voices go through me I want to scream shut up. So I don't watch the bbc or listen anymore but still have to pay up.....

Circe2

Visit site
Irrationally annoying: Knotty lunge lines, shavings getting immediately stuck to oiled hooves (it’s irrational because it’s too late?), shavings stuck to premtex rugs (resistance is futile), high pitched voices, everything hay net-related, everything hay soaking-related, anything hay-related in general

Rationally annoying: Young children at the yard unsupervised, people who don’t poo pick arenas after themselves, lost shoes, green slobber, loose dogs without recall, general lack of arena etiquette, runny poos stuck in tail/discolouring socks on hind legs/getting into nice newly cleaned hind boots (especially the sheepskin lining..)

Mule

Visit site
I’m totally with you with the haynet knots. Plus those who don’t cut bale string at the knot.....annoying! Lol

Have you noticed....people who don’t drive slam car doors! Pet hate of mine.
I didn't know you were supposed to cut the string at the knot, why is that?

Pinkvboots

Visit site
Ah, well, if we are getting onto tv...
I loathe the music to the One Show. Did the composer have so little imagination that the only lyric they could dream up was “one”?
Dont bother to tell me to turn it off - I do. o_O

I actually find myself singing along to it though I bet that is annoying:p

humblepie

Visit site
A temporary one as I use the mute button by the current Ariel ad where the voice over person refers to a top as a "T". No, no, no. Cook book rather than cookery book annoys me as well. PB instead of personal best score. Medalling as in she won a medal. Seems to be a theme - I like words, lots of words.

Annagain

Visit site
A temporary one as I use the mute button by the current Ariel ad where the voice over person refers to a top as a "T". No, no, no. Cook book rather than cookery book annoys me as well. PB instead of personal best score. Medalling as in she won a medal. Seems to be a theme - I like words, lots of words.

The word that gets me is "invite" as a noun. Invite is a verb. Invitation is the noun. Every time I hear / read "an invite" I want to scream. Sadly, it's so common now that if I did, I'd soon lose my voice.

lottiepony

Visit site
Lottiepony I put my ponies away with muddy feet and wipe them clean when I pick them out. I don’t like washing them constantly because of mud fever and I find they dry much better in the bedding and any residue is then brushed off. I am however with you on the dirty feed stirring implement. It’s just gross. Not sure if it’s already been mentioned but slimy water buckets, even more gross. The amount of people who never ever clean the inside of the buckets before re filling. If you can’t see the slime it’s must be ok then ?

I literally only wash the hooves not the legs, mud on the hair is brushed off once dry - the washing of legs every time is a no no in my book too lol!

Cowpony

Visit site
The word that gets me is "invite" as a noun. Invite is a verb. Invitation is the noun. Every time I hear / read "an invite" I want to scream. Sadly, it's so common now that if I did, I'd soon lose my voice.

Oh don't get me started on grammar! I have to keep reminding myself that language is a living, evolving thing and just because somebody wrote down the "rules" in the 19th century doesn't mean we have to abide by them now. But "of" instead of "have" is one of my pet peeves. As in "He would of...." :eek:o_O:mad:

Lots of people would of course pull me up for starting a sentence with "but" :p

cblover

Visit site
Mule - so that the string comes off cleanly from the hay and doesn’t take have the bale with it on the knots. It’s not exactly law tho! Lol

I’ve got another one.....corded phones with a mega twisted cord. Just take one minute to unravel it please....please.....please! Lol

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Oh don't get me started on grammar! I have to keep reminding myself that language is a living, evolving thing and just because somebody wrote down the "rules" in the 19th century doesn't mean we have to abide by them now. But "of" instead of "have" is one of my pet peeves. As in "He would of...." :eek:o_O:mad:

Lots of people would of course pull me up for starting a sentence with "but" :p

I really should know better because I've heard about that for Swedish, too, about that one shouldn't start sentences with neither But/Men, nor And/Och, and still I catch myself with doing it all the time.

I've given up, and at best sometimes tries to rewrite sentences so that I won't have like 3 sentences in a row starting with But.

cauda equina

Visit site
Well now we're onto language -
People starting sentences with So

ETA Does The Wellerman remind anyone else of The Lightning Tree?

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
My irrational annoyance is the bad timing when cats use the litter box like 5, 15 minutes after that I cleaned it. Why couldn't they've done that just a little earlier, so I would have gotten that cleaned away, too.

oh-great-you-just-scooped-out-all-my-poop-in-54184439.png

doodle

Visit site
Or Blue's insistence on having a poo the moment she goes in her stable. Even if she's in there for five minutes while I tack up, she has to claim her territory.

That’s reminded me of another one. Robin has a pee every time I make his feed. Even if he really dosnt have to go he will squeeze some out. He is then most annoyed if he has. Ot quite finished when the feed gets to him! The only time he didn’t was when the vet wanted a pee sample!