Irrational annoyances...

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
Hehe, oh guys, I must confess...

My horses occasionally have duvet days
I call myself 'mum' when referring to all the animals
My horses are definitely barefoot
I leave headcollars tied up when I go out riding...
....and sometimes also leave poo in the wheelbarrow
I've never cut bailing twine by the knot in my life

Hmm...think that's about it.

My irrational annoyance is filling Haynes, or in fact doing anything with hay, it just makes me irrationally angry.
And my irrational annoyance specifically for this evening is my horse. He's just ridiculous and sometimes you just want to turn him loose on the common. Tonight the field gate made a weird rattly noise at him and his hysteria over the gate collided in his brain with his desperation to be first in from the field resulting in lots of rearing, bucking, snorting and chasing the mares away from the gate ??

Oh, and my non-horsey one is OH 'tidying', I.e. moving things from where I put them to where he thinks they should live, even if I have had the same, perfectly reasonable place for that item for years proceeding his redistribution.

Elno

Visit site
I am wrapping birthday gifts at the moment, otherwise I probably wouldn't think of this. I hate not being able to find the end of the sellotape. There is no end. I've gone round and round trying to find it. Why? Where? Why am I so peeved over this? X

I reckon it the same as with usb sticks. They seem to exist in a 4th dimension ?

Pippity

Visit site
I reckon it the same as with usb sticks. They seem to exist in a 4th dimension ?

USB cables are easy. They have the USB symbol printed on one side. That side goes upwards, if it's a horizontal port, or to the right if it's a vertical port.

USB sticks are variable. Generally, if they've got something printed on one side, that side goes up/to the right.

HappyHollyDays

Slave to 2 cats and 2 ponies
Visit site
My horses have duvet days to save the field which is currently under lots of water. I’ve never been anyone’s mummy and I'm not going to start with having horses for chidlren. One of my horses is shod, he wears steel shoes and that is the correct term for his footwear, however the other one is as barefoot as the day he was born. Being called hun, darling, sweetpea or sweetheart by strangers makes me cringe. My mum called me darling and my dad called me love, both were perfectly entitled to do so because they were my parents.

9tails

Visit site
I used to ride a bike years ago. I parked it in a road-side bike parking area, and the parking was at a right angle to the camber of the road. When I came back to it, there were bikes parked closely either side and the only way to get the bike out was to walk it backwards, up the camber. Honestly - I really struggled! I nearly had to ask for help... Luckily, I found some hidden strength from somewhere and extricated myself. I think that very often, those of us with shorter legs are happily riding bikes, but only ever just get our toes on the ground when the feet are off the pedals!

You need a cruiser! I'm not particularly short, but I prefer to sit on a bike that's like an armchair. I've had a couple of experiences where I've almost overbalanced while stationary or pushing it into position and the strength needed to not only get it upright again but to also ensure that no onlookers can see the struggle is phenomenal!

Sussexbythesea

Visit site
Haynet knots in the wrong place are not irrational! I have to train every one of my sharers to do this correctly it’s so annoying if they don’t!

When I ask sharers to fill up a trug - I mean fill not half fill!
5kg per net not 4kg or 6kg

I also cannot stand doing up stuff that you just have to undo again to use. Like velcroing all my brushing boots together individually. My sharer did this the other day ?. (Love my sharers really they’re all pretty awesome) Rolling up ropes for no reason. I hang halters from the noseband so I don’t have to do up the headpiece only to undo it again. Pointless.

cauda equina

Visit site
People who read the weather forecast on the radio using weird speech patterns eg 'England - aaand - Wales' and saying 'thee' instead of 'the'

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
I hate it when people pull hay from a big round bale from the easiest place - usually the top at the front instead of unwrapping it tidily.
Agree with the knot on a haynet.
I hate people feeding my horses over the door.

Ooo yes, or with a big square bale lets a couple of slices fall down and then pull tuffs put of the one on top ?

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
My most irrational annoyance is probably when I let my horses wander in or out without leading them and they decide they'd like to explore somewhere i don't want them to go ?

Closely followed by Ludo, every... single... morning.... going into Dezas half of the barn when I open it as if today, by some miracle, she will have left something that is worth him eating. Eeeejit!

Last edited:

SOS

Visit site
I thought of some more...
-People who throw the milk out at work because it’s one day past it’s best before but is perfectly fine
-People who let their dogs jump up
-People who have old, lame or footsore horses and lead them across the gravel with the horse wincing every stride but insist barefoot is best for them
-People who judge me for letting my cat sleep on the bed when they sleep next to their crusty, womaniser husband every night
-Waiters who ask ‘are you sure love?’ When I ask for a steak blue-rare

BBP

Visit site
When I worked as a groom I had a list as long as my arm - top of the list was co-workers who folded and hung top rugs incorrectly when we took them off in the morning! I'm a bit more chilled now!
Same! Now I probably do half the stuff on here that irritates others.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Hehe, oh guys, I must confess...

My horses occasionally have duvet days
I call myself 'mum' when referring to all the animals
My horses are definitely barefoot
I leave headcollars tied up when I go out riding...
....and sometimes also leave poo in the wheelbarrow
I've never cut bailing twine by the knot in my life

Hmm...think that's about it.

haha i was just reading this thinking, oh dear, i must be very annoying. good job it's only me, myself and I on the yard!

I'm not "mum" because the mare that foaled last year is henceforth "mummy" forever, but OH is Dad.
the 2 at the yard are currently in their "PJs/Jammies/Jamas" staying in because it's raining :p fields go underwater, no point pushing the issue.
I do consider it some kind of serendipity when I can see the baler twine knot to cut next to it, but I won't be turning the bale over looking for it ;) it's only because i bung the whole thing in for the babies and whisk the string away- it doesn't whisk very well if the knot is getting dragged through the whole bale, haha

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
I want to ban the phrase "immaculate condition" from tack classified ads. 95% of the time, the saddle pad or saddle is NOT immaculate and more like "good" or even "fair" do they think people are blind? Or are they really convinced this is what immaculate means?

I even saw a "better than new" because the saddle was already broken in. Saddles don't take much breaking in these days, and this was a French saddle that already has soft leather. Never mind that their were scuffs and marks on it.

I'm about to sell a saddle that I've used for the last 3 years, and it is in great condition (I'm really strict about caring for my tack). I think I'm going to say its been blessed by Jesus Christ himself and and dipped into the Fountain of Youth so no aging or wear.

Last edited:

windand rain

Visit site
-People who judge me for letting my cat sleep on the bed when they sleep next to their crusty, womaniser husband every night
Just shows what a poor opinion some have of men On the other hand cats sleep where they want to and are clean dogs are not allowed on beds though

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Just shows what a poor opinion some have of men On the ther hand cats sleep where they want to

I mean, some people might really be married to a crusty womaniser ?‍♀️

And it's the cats world, we're just living in it. You don't let the cat sleep on the bed, the cat allows you to sleep in the bed and be graced by his or her presence. It's a privilege to share a bed with such a regal animal.

My cat sleeps elsewhere...because it's his choice, of course.

SOS

Visit site
Just shows what a poor opinion some have of men On the other hand cats sleep where they want to and are clean dogs are not allowed on beds though

It’s based on someone quite specifically but their distaste of my cat on my bed does make my irrationally annoyed. I don’t hate men, I have my own one who sleeps in the bed, as well as the cat. Dogs are downstairs.