Irresponsible Breeding... Should I Tell Her or Keep My Mouth?

Beausmate

Visit site
Would a basilisk be a good pet for people who enjoy getting stoned?

*ok, ok, I'm going!*

Did you know that a cock can kill a basilisk?

Last edited:

Beausmate

Visit site
Isn't that cos a basilisk was originally a mutant monster cockerel?

Correct! Educational stuff on here tonight :D

It was hatched by a monster cockerel and the crow of the cock can kill it.

There is a similar beastie which came out of a cockerel's egg and was hatched by a serpent. Can't remember what it was called though.

Those ancient Greeks must have been smoking some strong stuff!!

bumper

Visit site
Correct! Educational stuff on here tonight :D

It was hatched by a monster cockerel and the crow of the cock can kill it.

There is a similar beastie which came out of a cockerel's egg and was hatched by a serpent. Can't remember what it was called though.

Those ancient Greeks must have been smoking some strong stuff!!

A cockatrice :)

bumper

Visit site
She asked your opinion - so give it to her! And I'd include:

1. A mare with kissing spines can suffer just being covered by a stallion - without carrying a foal for 11 months.

2. To cover ANY mare without having swabs done and a breeding soundness examination is irresponsible and will risk the health (and life) of her mare - AND the health of her stallion. For example, one mare who came to us had bred previously - by AI. When we covered her she stood beautifully, until the stallion thrust for the first time. She went skywards - and then down on the floor writhing in agony! Subsequent examination revealed she had an abnormally short vagina - the stallion had battered her cervix causing serious brusing - luckily he didn't rupture her!

3. Has her stallion ever covered a mare? And has she ever taught a young stallion to cover? Covering injuries are NOT covered by most horse insurance policies - because it is actually more dangerous than 3 day eventing (for mare, stallion AND handlers!) When stallion, mare AND handlers are inexperienced, it's close to suicidal!

4. Has she considered that MANY stallions - when used as studs - become VERY difficult and even dangerous to ride in company?

I could go on withy another 100 points - but that should do for starters!:rolleyes:

That ^

cronkmooar

Visit site
Does anyone ever wonder if TFC sits at his desk shaking his head thinking "what a bunch of muppets" then turns away and secretly sniggers up his sleave??

Miss L Toe

Visit site
Does anyone ever wonder if TFC sits at his desk shaking his head thinking "what a bunch of muppets" then turns away and secretly sniggers up his SLEEVE [wipes runny nose]
"Muppets", the classic childrens' program http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N_tupPBtWQ , Oh, to star in that little money making scheme
I wonder how TFC explains his current employment on his c.v. when he applies for a proper job.

Last edited:

cronkmooar

Visit site
I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed that I have now given this thread new life and sent it off in yet another direction.

** shakes head and wonders off with a big bird springy step:p **

Miss L Toe

Visit site
I don't know whether to be proud or ashamed that I have now given this thread new life and sent it off in yet another direction.

** shakes head and wonders off with a big bird springy step:p **
Now......... you are like the man who serviced the coffee machine at NASA, he had an important role in space exploration, was it Willie or was it John, anyway......... he is immortal.

*hic*

village idiot :D
Visit site
The most famous one was a "Bobbitt", when a lady in US of A got a bit excessive with the kitchen knife.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_and_Lorena_Bobbitt

It wasn't a kitchen knife it was poultry shears. And then some bright spark had an idea for re-branding . . .

2006_0803_154306.jpg

These live in my kitchen drawer, my husband is ever so well behaved:D:eek:

FionaM12

Visit site
3. Has her stallion ever covered a mare? And has she ever taught a young stallion to cover? Covering injuries are NOT covered by most horse insurance policies - because it is actually more dangerous than 3 day eventing (for mare, stallion AND handlers!) When stallion, mare AND handlers are inexperienced, it's close to suicidal!

Ermmm.... I am right in thinking the owner in question is twelve years old, right? :confused::eek: