Irresponsible Owners

Gloi

Too little time, too much to read.
Visit site
This week we were riding three horses down a bridleway path that goes past some holiday lets. I'd said to my companions "watch out the holiday makers often have out of control dogs" when three black cockapoo times bounded out at us. I was in the lead and my pony doesn't care so we just stood while the two people dashed around trying to unsuccessfully catch them. They weren't aggressive but very noisy and bouncing all over the place. It was only when I said they were going to get kicked that the husband finally managed to chase a couple back into the house. Zero control.

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Nominating myself. Sort of. We took Ivy to Corsham today, having some day trips out to explore towns we might want to move to while on a week off work. I sort of knew that there's peacocks wandering around the town but hadn't really thought it through until we met a pair immediately on reaching the high street. Ivy was incredibly confused, unsure if she was frightened of these giant jazzy chickens or wanting to chase them, so opted to start squealing and towing me down the street - very not like her!! I then towed her down the street to get space from the birds (hard, they followed us and then we found another one!) with a jolly 'come on Ivy, yes I know, I know, let's go, let's go!'

I don't think we've had that sort of shenanigan since our first cat encounters. We did get over that so presumably she would get over the peacock thing if we do move there!

SaddlePsych'D

Visit site
Fortunately peacocks aren't the normal run of the mill bird that you would expect to see - think you are being a bit unfair to yourself and Ivy ;). Not sure what my 2 would have done and I hope I never find out
At least it was slightly less embarrassing that her doing Greyhound Scream of Death in the pub at lunchtime. Reasons for this unclear. Thankfully it wasn't busy!

ArklePig

Visit site
Nominating myself. Sort of. We took Ivy to Corsham today, having some day trips out to explore towns we might want to move to while on a week off work. I sort of knew that there's peacocks wandering around the town but hadn't really thought it through until we met a pair immediately on reaching the high street. Ivy was incredibly confused, unsure if she was frightened of these giant jazzy chickens or wanting to chase them, so opted to start squealing and towing me down the street - very not like her!! I then towed her down the street to get space from the birds (hard, they followed us and then we found another one!) with a jolly 'come on Ivy, yes I know, I know, let's go, let's go!'

I don't think we've had that sort of shenanigan since our first cat encounters. We did get over that so presumably she would get over the peacock thing if we do move there!

At least peacocks are genuinely interesting. I had to train my dog out of a similar reaction to pigeons. Pigeons ffs, the most boring birds in the sky. Jokes on me though because she has recently suddenly realised she's a bird dog and there's lots of pigeons about.

Splash2310

Visit site
This is shocking, poor puppy.

Twice this week our on lead spaniel has been attacked/gone at in the park by offlead smaller dogs, this morning I actually had to kick a dachshund who was going for him. We have such a problem with irresponsible owners in this country.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I had my 17 year old cat at vets for a blood pressure check . Sitting in the cat waiting area and an idiot comes in with a spaniel off lead , didn’t even have a collar on. First thing it did was fly over and stick its face in the cat basket 😡. I’m afraid I wasn’t very polite to him! The receptionist did ask him to put it on a lead but he hadn’t got one so put it back in car . He’d only come in to make an appointment so don’t know why he even brought the bl***y dog in .

Marnie

Visit site
A member of my team is in an electric wheelchair and has an assistance dog. She was nearly home last night when a big bull dog type (not sure exactly what it was) on an extending lead attacked her assistance dog. The man with the dog pulled his dog off and quickly left the scene and thank goodness, my colleague's dog was uninjured although they are both very shaken by the attack. Luckily there was someone on the street who made sure they were both ok and got home ok. It was horrible for her as being in the wheelchair she can't do anything and could easily be attacked herself. I told her she ought to report it to the police in case there have been other issues with the same dog.

Clodagh

Visit site
A member of my team is in an electric wheelchair and has an assistance dog. She was nearly home last night when a big bull dog type (not sure exactly what it was) on an extending lead attacked her assistance dog. The man with the dog pulled his dog off and quickly left the scene and thank goodness, my colleague's dog was uninjured although they are both very shaken by the attack. Luckily there was someone on the street who made sure they were both ok and got home ok. It was horrible for her as being in the wheelchair she can't do anything and could easily be attacked herself. I told her she ought to report it to the police in case there have been other issues with the same dog.
I’m not sure why she wouldn’t report it to the police? Poor woman, it must be terrifying.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
which reminds me of the bugbear I have 😅, dog owners on my road who pick the poo from their own gardens and put them in the open top general litter council bin instead of their own.

I was told the other day about someone who poo picks on walks and if there is a private bin out roadside for collection they put the poo bag in that !

Indy

Visit site
I have been mantrailing today and we had to change venue last minute due to parking. We ended up at York racecourse and I have to say that unless the sun has got to everyone or every irresponsible dog owner in the UK decided to converge in the centre of York the vast majority of York dog owners are irresponsible twonks.

To kick it off there were springer and cocker spaniels galore running amok around the car park, and it was a busy car park. I counted 8 then gave up, I'd come back from trailing to find three in my boot trying to get into Bandit's reward pots, owner nowhere to be seen until they got put on leads and unceremoniously hoofed out my car. Then the woman turned up, huffed and puffed took the leads off me and started walking off. I said oi give me my leads back, she turned round and said how do you expect me to get them back to my car as I was taking my leads off. I said use your own leads to which she replied I haven't got any. By this time my patience had unravelled and I said you can abracadabra them back for all I f***** care. If she'd have been a bit nicer I'd have given her a hand but who takes 5 dogs to a busy popular dog walking place and not have a lead?

There was a jogger with a daschund who couldn't keep up and was being dragged along.

There were 2 XL bully types off lead and unmuzzled - these two were actually very well behaved but not following the rules.

There was a bloke with a Labrador jogging. The Labrador stopped for a wee and the bloke went and got hold of it dragged it off saying come on Coco we haven't got time for this we've got another 8k to go. It was 22degrees.

There was another bloke with a lab who insisted that his dog was only wanting to watch what Bandit was doing when we asked him if he could put it on a lead after it had caused us to stop a trail twice.

There were three pro dog walkers who all turned up together with a total of 13 dogs and just basically released them while they got chairs and flasks out and didn't move from their vans.

I don't normally bother, I'm very much the world is big enough for everyone to enjoy but it just felt that everyone had left their brains at home this morning.

Apart from Bandit who was brilliant.

MurphysMinder

Visit site
I have been mantrailing today and we had to change venue last minute due to parking. We ended up at York racecourse and I have to say that unless the sun has got to everyone or every irresponsible dog owner in the UK decided to converge in the centre of York the vast majority of York dog owners are irresponsible twonks.

To kick it off there were springer and cocker spaniels galore running amok around the car park, and it was a busy car park. I counted 8 then gave up, I'd come back from trailing to find three in my boot trying to get into Bandit's reward pots, owner nowhere to be seen until they got put on leads and unceremoniously hoofed out my car. Then the woman turned up, huffed and puffed took the leads off me and started walking off. I said oi give me my leads back, she turned round and said how do you expect me to get them back to my car as I was taking my leads off. I said use your own leads to which she replied I haven't got any. By this time my patience had unravelled and I said you can abracadabra them back for all I f***** care. If she'd have been a bit nicer I'd have given her a hand but who takes 5 dogs to a busy popular dog walking place and not have a lead?

There was a jogger with a daschund who couldn't keep up and was being dragged along.

There were 2 XL bully types off lead and unmuzzled - these two were actually very well behaved but not following the rules.

There was a bloke with a Labrador jogging. The Labrador stopped for a wee and the bloke went and got hold of it dragged it off saying come on Coco we haven't got time for this we've got another 8k to go. It was 22degrees.

There was another bloke with a lab who insisted that his dog was only wanting to watch what Bandit was doing when we asked him if he could put it on a lead after it had caused us to stop a trail twice.

There were three pro dog walkers who all turned up together with a total of 13 dogs and just basically released them while they got chairs and flasks out and didn't move from their vans.

I don't normally bother, I'm very much the world is big enough for everyone to enjoy but it just felt that everyone had left their brains at home this morning.

Apart from Bandit who was brilliant.

This sounds so similar to our man trailing experiences . Cannock Chase particularly seems to attract the total idiots .

Indy

Visit site
Hon
This sounds so similar to our man trailing experiences . Cannock Chase particularly seems to attract the total idiots .
Honestly, I'm normally quite relaxed if we trail in a public place we expect distractions, once we interrupted a drugs deal another time we had a pack of kids following because they wanted to know what we were doing, the odd errant dog and the odd errant child but this was just a bit of whose unlocked the asylum today then.

The three dogs in my boot, I could have just shut my boot and driven off with them and the owner would have been none the wiser.

Indy

Visit site
Genuine question. Why could you go mantrailing, but man with lab shouldn’t run with his dog?
The trails we did were 3 x trails, Bandit's longest trail was 6 minutes and we stuck to shaded areas, My car had windows open, boot open, an aluminet and fans on. The man with the lab was jogging around the racecourse in direct sun and not allowing poor Coco to have a wee

I'm Dun

Visit site
On Saturday around 1pm, when it was 26 degrees here with no breeze a man went past me on the roundabout on his bike, dragging an exhausted looking fluffy golden retriever with him. I thought I was seeing things! I had my dogs with me as the car has air con and the boat doesn't, but they weren't getting out of the car in the middle of the day never mind being dragged round after a bike. I know when I've been out, not on the road, with mine on the bike, it absolutely knackers them out. We normally do 5 to 8 mile walks, but 1mile sprinting after the bike is enough for them, and that's dogs built to run, not a golden retriever.

I've been thinking about it and what I should have done ever since. He shouldn't have had a dog on a lead attached to a bike on the roundabout coming off a dual carriage way, he shouldn't have had that dog out at that time in that heat under any circumstances, and the whole thing was just awful, but I don't think there was anything I could have done. I was heading the other way so couldn't even give him a gobfull!