Is this the very worst rug on ebay, ever ????

MosMum

Visit site
I get pp's comments about it's going to get dirty anyway etc but tbh if it has rips in it, its not going to work to keep the horse dry anyway! It'll cost money to have it fixed/washed and then £9 shipping?

If it was on freecycle I'd probably have it, no problem, and be thankful! But I'm not going to pay £17 for it. I could and have gotten far better for that price.

(You should see the state of my horses' rugs, and I only bought them at the beginning of this winter! But if I was going to sell or even gift them to someone I would wash first!)

Tinseltoes

Visit site
lol what a mess that rug is. lol I got a BN rug,for 20.00 and its costs usually 89.99
Think the seller should clean that rug dont you? Dont think it will sell do you?

Lollii

Visit site
It has still not had a bid :rolleyes:three hours to go ;)

Another question & answer have been posted on there::D

Q: I suggest you will probably have more luck selling the rug if you make the effort to have it cleaned. I would never consider buying such a disgusting item let alone putting in on my horse. It could be contaminated with all sorts of bugs. A FYI rips do affect the usefullness of a rug. 02-Mar-11
A: well for 1 the rug is only 2 years old and has been wash 2 times. It was put on my horse but its slightly to small, but until I got another one she had to wear it, and she loves rolling in the mud, tell me what i should do? not put it on because i want to sell it, if any of you are horse people you would wash a rug anyway regardless of if it said it had been already washed to be on the safe side. The rug cost £50 new, has been washed and reproofed twice at £20 a go, so owes me £90. Its on here for £8. So if your not interested then dont look at it and stop wasting mine and your time worrying about it, if it doesnt sell it doesnt sell.

Shysmum

www.youtube.com
^^^

BLIMEY !!!:eek: :eek:

Some people have more front than Katie Price......

i would never, ever let any of my rugs get in that state in the first place, and even if I did, I would never, ever offer it for sale without a full cleaning being done, and even then, if someone told me it was a pile of poo... I would be mortified. :eek:

I just KNOW that someone is going to snap that rug up, work on it, then put a piccie on for us ;) Erm, just not me - I value my washing machine..

daydreambeliever

Visit site
Well im shocked now. There was one bidder who paid the £8 for it. £17 for a lightweight rug that needs a good clean and several repairs is just too much IMO. You could easy by a brand new one for that price :eek::eek:

LadyLuck1977

Visit site
Cant believe that someone actually paid for that.
I have 5' 9 rugs and the lightweights fit in the washing machine or at least take the hose and brush to it.
LadyLuck

orionstar

Visit site
Its nearly as bad as the £6 fleece rug and bandage set that was selling in Liddle last week, I noticed on e-bay selling for £14.99 plus £4.50 postage and packing!

TheEquineOak

Visit site

Lollii

Visit site
Dare I do this... ok I llhttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260742942492&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:ITI buy and sell on eBay all the time.
Some items are newish and very clean, others, like my rug, are dirty used and broke!If there is a buyer out there then whats the problem? As someone has mentioned, you may not want your horse to wear a rug in that state but someone would. Time to get off your soapboxes :D

Well, you got someone to buy it .... this bit made me laugh " I would say it would fit a long shorter horse" :D :confused: :D

TheEquineOak

Visit site
Well, you got someone to buy it .... this bit made me laugh " I would say it would fit a long shorter horse" :D :confused: :D

haha!! Yes, I had three questions asking my opinion on what I think it would fit... so that was the most simplest description I could come up with :D

I had a woman asking if my 18" GP saddle would fit her 13hh on eBay... that made me chuckle

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
Dare I do this... ok I will

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260742942492&ssPageName=STRK:MESOX:IT

I buy and sell on eBay all the time.

Some items are newish and very clean, others, like my rug, are dirty used and broke!

If there is a buyer out there then whats the problem? As someone has mentioned, you may not want your horse to wear a rug in that state but someone would. Time to get off your soapboxes :D

^^^^this

An item is only worth what someone will pay for it, if someone wants to buy the rug they will, if they don't, then they won't!

I feel sorry for this seller, she has put a picture of the rug, been honest in her descriptions and all she gets are messages from people who have no intention of buying it but just want to be b1tchy!

It is no one's business so why all the furore? Jeez there are real problems to be worrying about!

nicky_jess

Visit site
I get what some of you are saying about it being non of our business how she advertises her item it is entirely up to her.
But if you want the best chance of showing off your item and the best chance of selling it and possibly getting more than what you want then you would wash it and present it in a better way, thats all anyone is saying, it is quite shocking.

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
I get what some of you are saying about it being non of our business how she advertises her item it is entirely up to her.
But if you want the best chance of showing off your item and the best chance of selling it and possibly getting more than what you want then you would wash it and present it in a better way, thats all anyone is saying, it is quite shocking.

Yes, the seller has not presented it well, but is that really anyone's business other than the seller and whomever has bought it?

All this thread has done has taken the mickey out of the seller AND the buyer!

Nasty nasty nasty

bexcy-bee

Visit site
I love the bit 'it cost £50 new, and £20 to wash it each time, she owes me £90'

Ha, if it worked like that, my horse would owe me several thousands by now, and I've only have him a year!!

bexcy-bee x

nicky_jess

Visit site
Yes, the seller has not presented it well, but is that really anyone's business other than the seller and whomever has bought it?

All this thread has done has taken the mickey out of the seller AND the buyer!

Nasty nasty nasty

I dont believe i was nasty in anything that i just said, in fact i think i did put that i agreed in the fact that it was no ones business and was entirely up to her how she advertised it

SirenaXVI

s17.photobucket.com
I dont believe i was nasty in anything that i just said, in fact i think i did put that i agreed in the fact that it was no ones business and was entirely up to her how she advertised it

Yes, sorry, it was not your post that I was getting at but some of the others, apologies, I was just overwhelmed by the cattiness of some people!

Well I Never

Visit site
I am the BUYER of this rug.

Get in a line and ask your questions.

To be honest this is the most amusing thread i have forced myself to sit and pick through.

Sarah Sum1

Visit site
I am the BUYER of this rug.

Get in a line and ask your questions.

To be honest this is the most amusing thread i have forced myself to sit and pick through.

Question 1) Why?

Question 2) Please tell me you didn't pay £8 plus P&P? :D

But if you like it that is all that matters. :p

Well I Never

Visit site
Question Why-

Why not, i have a rapidly growing youngster who will grow and trash rugs. I am not about to buy a brand new one. it will be a spare i may not even use.

As for the comments you can get a brand new rug for the £17, please let us all know! A Masta will cost you near on £60 for a lightweight. I like Masta for having a generous neck fitting.

It has a few rips, big bloody deal, so have the two rugs that she's had on. I can stitch that myself or my friend (being in the rug repair business will do for me)

Postage- you haven't sold a rug lately then it goes on weight and size, it will probably be £7 at the least, sellers add on for the packaging, time etc etc, i doubt they're gonna go abroad on what they've made!

A spare rug for £17, that just needs a spray with a hosepipe, airing and a few stitches, hum well i see it as it'll do.

Sarah Sum1

Visit site
Question Why-

Why not, i have a rapidly growing youngster who will grow and trash rugs. I am not about to buy a brand new one. it will be a spare i may not even use.

As for the comments you can get a brand new rug for the £17, please let us all know! A Masta will cost you near on £60 for a lightweight. I like Masta for having a generous neck fitting.

It has a few rips, big bloody deal, so have the two rugs that she's had on. I can stitch that myself or my friend (being in the rug repair business will do for me)

Postage- you haven't sold a rug lately then it goes on weight and size, it will probably be £7 at the least, sellers add on for the packaging, time etc etc, i doubt they're gonna go abroad on what they've made!

A spare rug for £17, that just needs a spray with a hosepipe, airing and a few stitches, hum well i see it as it'll do.

Fair dos :) I did think it very steep for the condition it was in, near on £18 inc P&P. But if you're happy to pay for it then everyones a winner :D

No hard feelings I hope from us lot of rug snobs :eek:

stressedmum

Visit site
I too darent buy new rugs, this winter i have had 6 heavy turnouts all trashed between my 2 boys :( i bought a 2nd hand one from ebay and fair enough it was good condition apart from being old and stained, day after my boy wore it, i found my other boy had ripped a huge long piece down the side and undone him like it was a giant zip!!...... To the buyer of the rug, try stormsure glue for little nicks and small tears, its fantastic stuff x

Trinity Fox

Visit site
I havent read this thread all the way through but was shocked at the response it has got, not perfect rug alot cheaper than new up to whoever decides to buy.

There is a free market in this country does as says just think that much more worthy posts have had less comments who care what other people spend thier money on.