It's that time again :D Weekend plans?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Bleddy nora! it's thursday :D

What's everyone got planned?

Kira has a polework clinic this evening which should be fun, good bit of cross training for her.
Quiet couple of days and then Salty has a show on Sunday - I've entered 2 classes for the first time so she will have to go into the warm up TWICE and behave herself :D :eek: I feel like she's turning a bit of a corner at home but last time out in company was a white knuckle ride so it could go either way :p

Have fun everyone :)

AandK

Visit site
I am actually planning to ride my horse for the first time in a while! :cool3: Had several issues so far this year (loss of eye, then bruise in one front foot and then bruise in the other front foot..) hopefully we're all okay now after a bit of rest so keeping everything crossed we can get going and get out of walk for the fist time this year!

Nayumi1

Visit site
I will be hacking out on the Saturday and helping a friend with her new chickens! Have a lesson on Sunday with a new school to see what they are like.

BethanT

Visit site
Fingers crossed my first One Day of the year! Albeit on a restricted xc course, but I am hoping it will still be a good run!

Had dressage lesson yesterday and a jump lesson tonight to make sure we are both ready!

monte1

Visit site
Friday evening, some fast gallopy work while ground is not to hard !

Saturday AM we will be Dressage writing at Tweseldown's BE event , after the first two events of the season got cancelled :-( I am quietly confident that this one will go ahead :)
Quick afternoon hack out- hopefully.

Sunday - schooling and working on remembering our FSM test as have volunteered to do the teams for our riding club event in June!

Hope to go schooling round Tweseldown BE course one day next week, but haven't made specific plans yet.

Taliesan

Visit site
I've got my first ever dressage competition with my horse. I'm really excited about it as it will be our first competitive outing in the two years of me owning him.

I was due to go to a competition last weekend but my horse got an abscess in his foot and went lame the day before. It's like he knew I had something planned. Therefore I'm not telling him about this one!

Antw23uk

Visit site
Jump them both Friday, hack Saturday and then will take the mare to Waddesdon sponsored ride on Sunday. First one of the year from us .. will be joy!!! ;)

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Somerford BE 80T on Saturday. Gulp. Very early start times so t'will all be over by 10.45 in the morning. Better than hanging round chewing nails all day but the 4:30 alarm call will be painful.

Twins have Trailblazers 2nd rounds on Sunday in the 75 and 85cm classes. So we will be very busy all weekend.

Hope everyone has fun in the sun. x

Wheels

Visit site
I have a lesson with my classical trainer on Saturday then hopefully (if it's not raining heavily) we will do our first jumping comp on sunday

We went XC schooling last night and the boy was well up for it. First time jumping into water, over everything I aimed him at with gusto! Great fun

SOS

Visit site
Been so busy the last few weeks that this weekend is a very quiet one. Going to spectate/shop/eat at Rockingham horse trials.

After the 6/7 hour round trip to Windsor last weekend towing I am not so keen to spend another day stuck in the truck and I am sure the horse feels the same. I’m sure we will be back to the madness next week though... :p

DirectorFury

Visit site
Sorry to hear about NF, TFF :(. Good luck trying out a new one.
I hope everyone out competing does well and everyone else has fun!

I'm marking, which is all I seem to do, then at my sisters wedding on Saturday. I have to wear a dress and everything <horror>. Going to have a sit and a stroll down the lane Sunday, we might even venture up onto the common! I'm going to be paying a pro to hack M 2x a week from now on - ideally she needs to be ridden 5x a week but I'm not up to it and I can't afford £30x5 for the pro to do it. I'm taking what I can get :p.

Notimetoride

Visit site
Lorry is poorly so I'm busking and selling a kidney or two whilst mowing lawns and washing cars !!!!! Could sell the horse I guess to pay the bill.
Needless to say, we're grounded this weekend so I'll be watching lovely Harry and Megan.

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Our saddler came out yesterday to do a much needed refit for Cassie’s saddle. Gullet changed and stuffing taken out in some places and added to others. I love the fact that our saddle is so adjustable - it felt so much better once it had been tweaked to compensate for all the muscle Cassie has built up over the past few months.

Today we headed over to Parwood. Cassie found it necessary to announce her arrival to everyone within a 20 mile radius. She's feeling incredibly well and wants everyone to know about it. &#128580;&#129315;

Our warm up was interesting - she was hotter than a hot thing who had eaten all the blue smarties, so we spent a lot of time cantering just to get some of the excess energy off. It sometimes feels a bit counter intuitive to do fast work when she is full of beans as it gives her what she wants, but I have to let her get it out of her system, as otherwise I have no chance of getting her to concentrate.

Unfortunately 35 minutes of fast work wasn't enough and our first test was about damage limitation and keeping her in front of my leg and forwards, rather than bouncing on the spot. Our second test was loads better and I was able to actually ride her, including keep her slightly shoulder fore on the right rein to improve her straightness.

I'd gone with the hope of getting two AF sheets to give us our first full set for qualification and wasn't sure the first test would be good enough, so I was pleased with 63.75% considering how awful it felt. And I was delighted with our score for the second test - 68.966% and second in the bronze section, third overall. So, mission accomplished and worth the 5.30 am wake up call. I know it's not that early for eventers, but hey, we're dressage divas don't you know! &#9200;&#128164;&#128052;&#128150;&#127881;

Photo of the sassy one being a diva and wanting to get home!

32665348_1080650528740640_2949906117259427840_n.jpg

We were meant to be doing My Quest at Cholderton on Sunday, but they have no judge so that's cancelled. It's a bit of a pain as I had gone through the calendar to work out all the MQ competitions we could fit in alongside family life and that totalled eight. Best five scores count and I really wanted the opportunity for three throwaway scores, but it will just have to be two now. So I think it will be a quiet one now for us. OH is away for a weekend playing bridge (I don't really get it!), so I'll be taxi service to younger son I guess, although I think older son is taking him to the cinema on Sunday, so I might even get to chill a bit. Have a good weekend everyone, enjoy, and stay safe. xx

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
well done on the second test :D look at you getting started already on the plans thread!

I'm booked to be sitting/hanging onto the back of a carriage on sunday, which will hopefully make up for potentially tacking the items delivered by ikea first thing Saturday ;). I'll bounce on the thread next week as home :D to see F (well Mum's 60th party but we all know really ;) )

nikicb

www.facebook.com
well done on the second test :D look at you getting started already on the plans thread!

I'm booked to be sitting/hanging onto the back of a carriage on sunday, which will hopefully make up for potentially tacking the items delivered by ikea first thing Saturday ;). I'll bounce on the thread next week as home :D to see F (well Mum's 60th party but we all know really ;) )

Thank you! You must come and see us soon - she's changed so much since you saw her last!

Have fun on Sunday. Not sure the same could be said about the Ikea delivery! ;) I'm sure F will love seeing you next week - I should think you are bouncing about already at the thought of it!! xx

{97702}

Visit site
Well..... I am entered for an unaff ODE on Saturday.... but my dressage is at 9.15!!! It is an hour and a half away - I am desperately trying to overcome my natural 'lazy slob' instincts and make myself go :D

JFTDWS

Visit site
First tournament for the orange pony :eek3:

Camping Friday/Saturday night, training all day Saturday and chukkas on Sunday. Fergus is coming along to do some training with an ex-HHOer, Dae is staying at home to guard the homeland.

Just hoping the orange pony behaves herself, remembers her manners and keeps her hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times!

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
First tournament for the orange pony :eek3:

Camping Friday/Saturday night, training all day Saturday and chukkas on Sunday. Fergus is coming along to do some training with an ex-HHOer, Dae is staying at home to guard the homeland.

Just hoping the orange pony behaves herself, remembers her manners and keeps her hands and feet inside the vehicle at all times!

Ooo, good luck! (a report will be required :p)

Good luck everyone else competing, and well done on those scores niki. Sorry to hear about the Fuzzy TFF, and glad you get to ride yours again AandK.

Nothing much on horse-wise for me, just getting over a long week :)

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Was supposed to be hacking Tammy out from now after finally getting back on board on Tuesday. All went well, my super saddle fitter was there tweaking flocking and shims to cope with her current wonkinesses and we were good to go. Now madam has an abscess or stone bruise in her LH (been seen today by vet) so off games again, arrgh.
At least there's a pic to show that I WAS briefly back on board and that I am sitting fairly centrally on my wonky lady. Her musculature wants to shift the saddle to the right.

0MfqSx4.jpg

Bernster

Visit site
Some great outings alread, well done niki, she does look like a proper sass pants in that pic.

Really sorry about NF TFF, fingers crossed.

Very good lesson this eve practising test for a PC ODE in June. Really starting to understand how to ride F properly and correct things quicker when they go awry. Which is pretty much everything on the left rein! And bits on the right haha.

Tack shop visit with friends on Sat but mainly to go for lunch and catch up but am bound to come back with yet more horse tat! Then off on a sponsored ride on Sunday. Weather is set fair. Yay!

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
The young horse has his second grown up outing on Sunday, a dressage training day. While we can canter quite well at home, cantering elsewhere while there are other distractions has been proving to be a bit tricky so we might just have to do a baby horse interpretation of the test.

He had a lesson last night and was feeling very grown up after his outing last week, his first time in a competition type environment, so that was very encouraging for this weekend where he has to actually do a test.

Carlosmum

Visit site
I hadn't planned anything particular with pony, but he is now 'off games' with a dose of laminitis. Hopefully caught it in time and with a weekish on box rest we will be back. Might take the Cobby one out for a plod later today, otherwise its jump judging on Sunday and more gardening. Oh and of course Royal watching tomorrow!!

Embo

Visit site
Nothing planned for us. I go away to Sicily next Wednesday plus our kitchen refit should be finishing today so weekend will be spent cleaning up the house & moving things back where they should be! Oh and packing! So will just go and potter about with B, maybe have a nice canter in the field :)

Best of luck to those competing - and those of you with early times, the silver lining is that you should be done and home by lunchtime so you will still have the whole afternoon to spend in the (predicted, hope it's true!) sunshine :) and revelling in your success! Have fun all!

PS; Pics from training day last weekend finally sorted, hooray! I will post in last weeks' thread :p

Embo

Visit site
Nothing planned for us. I go away to Sicily next Wednesday plus our kitchen refit should be finishing today so weekend will be spent cleaning up the house & moving things back where they should be! Oh and packing! So will just go and potter about with B, maybe have a nice canter in the field :)

Best of luck to those competing - and those of you with early times, the silver lining is that you should be done and home by lunchtime so you will still have the whole afternoon to spend in the (predicted, hope it's true!) sunshine :) and revelling in your success! Have fun all!

PS; Pics from training day last weekend finally sorted, hooray! I will post in last weeks' thread :p

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Sorry to hear about the off-games ponies. Hope stand in is a success TFF.

Kira had an extremely melodramatic evening yesterday at pole clinic. We were in a group with her field neighbour and she spent the entire session trying to be next to him :D When he was at the opposite end of the school all she wanted to do was turn to face him and bunnyhop :eek: she never feels unsafe but there are times when I'm completely not in control :rolleyes3:
Was pleased I'd taken the double bridle because my instinct was to put her snaffle on which would have left me in a bit of a pickle :D

Anyway, eventually she pulled her socks up and tried to concentrate on her work, good fun and nice to do different things with her. We're booked in again next month.

Here's Kira-the-outrageous desperately trying to see where her buddy is across the car park :lol: she really is such a drama llama.

32853948_1946988921979275_6463932454859177984_n.jpg

Last edited:

J_sarahd

Visit site
We have our first working hunter competition on Sunday! We have entered the open pony and the m&m. I’m really nervous as we haven’t jumped in a competition before and we have struggled with cantering into jumps as he gets excited and strong!

Embo

Visit site
Dressage
nNAkeV5.jpg

SJ
mT1n8hY.jpg

vEcK1Id.jpg

XC
FvyYe3z.jpg

hLFL6h4.jpg

must start learning NOT to stick my tongue out or pull strange faces when riding :lol:

Asha

Visit site
Somerford BE 80T on Saturday. Gulp. Very early start times so t'will all be over by 10.45 in the morning. Better than hanging round chewing nails all day but the 4:30 alarm call will be painful.

Twins have Trailblazers 2nd rounds on Sunday in the 75 and 85cm classes. So we will be very busy all weekend.

Hope everyone has fun in the sun. x

We are off to somerford as well on Saturday. Although our times are a bit more sociable. Dressage at 11am. Will try and look out for you coming off the xc. Hope all goes well.