Jai Johnson

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
Threads like this make me really sad tbf. Whether someone’s in the wrong or not. I don’t think our lesson from Caroline flack lasted very long at all.

There is a difference between a social media pile on and calling out bullying. Jay targeted Sophie in a totally unprovoked rant, and compounded that with name calling, slurs about her riding ability and even saying she should be put down. Not the behaviour of a rational, balanced man so JJ probably does have issues of his own. But the first steps for anyone overcoming demons are accepting responsibility for your own behaviour and for all the consequences that flow from it, seeking to repair the damage you've caused and learning skills for behaving differently in future. I have some sympathy for him but he's brought this on himself.

tristar

Visit site
if promoting your skills by using a photo of a horse bucking madly is considered by this man to be a display of skill, that in itself self put me right off to start with

anyone who trains horses knows that scenario is something to avoid at all costs, ie bucking wildly, we take the greatest care to never let our horses carry on like that, if fact getting on a horse knowing that its going to explode is an act of cruelty in itself, the real horseman would have worked with the horse and been 99 per cent certain that the horse would react calmly before mounting.

not provoking an explosion and taking the horse back inits training, its a sign of the times that anyone is taken in by this display of stupidity

9tails

Visit site
As an aside, am I the only one who gets irritated when people say 'could of' rather than 'could have' ?
(It was in his text).

And ^that^ is the only part of his text that irritated you? I missed the self-congratulatory third/first person posts in January and I'm glad because I would have needed to get my red pen out.

taliya

New User
Visit site
There is a difference between a social media pile on and calling out bullying. Jay targeted Sophie in a totally unprovoked rant, and compounded that with name calling, slurs about her riding ability and even saying she should be put down. Not the behaviour of a rational, balanced man so JJ probably does have issues of his own. But the first steps for anyone overcoming demons are accepting responsibility for your own behaviour and for all the consequences that flow from it, seeking to repair the damage you've caused and learning skills for behaving differently in future. I have some sympathy for him but he's brought this on himself.
He is not a rational and balanced man. He replied to one of my comments on a face book post of his about a dangerous horse he had ridden but got thrown off from....From what he said about the horse I just don't think he fully understands how a horses mind works . Yes he can sit a buck but he just doesn't get horses I think and that's probably because he is not balanced or rational.

taliya

New User
Visit site
if promoting your skills by using a photo of a horse bucking madly is considered by this man to be a display of skill, that in itself self put me right off to start with

anyone who trains horses knows that scenario is something to avoid at all costs, ie bucking wildly, we take the greatest care to never let our horses carry on like that, if fact getting on a horse knowing that its going to explode is an act of cruelty in itself, the real horseman would have worked with the horse and been 99 per cent certain that the horse would react calmly before mounting.

not provoking an explosion and taking the horse back inits training, its a sign of the times that anyone is taken in by this display of stupidity
Well said. Exactly what I was thinking.

mle22

Visit site
Though behavioural change brings about attitudinal change - not that I know anything about the guy in question.

Fjord81

New User
Visit site
I met Jay Johnson this week at he worked with two horses own by friends, one had a very hard life before my friend owned it and terrified. Jay Johnson was kind and extremely understanding of this horses past her was patient and assertive. The horse is very relaxed now. I can only speak as I find. He genuinely loves horses and wants to help. With the second horse, he spent as much time working on the riders confidence patiently walking out with her so that she could gain confidence in herself and her horse in traffic. He certainly didn't use any harsh methods at all. I've been watching him every day this week

Polos

Visit site
having not personally used him i've decided he is not someone I would support due to some of the questionable and nasty behaviour I have seen him display towards other people on social media. i've seen one too many instances of this now - the most recent one including a string of very nasty messages that were bordering on bullying towards another equine professional.

Ambers Echo

Still wittering on
Visit site
having not personally used him i've decided he is not someone I would support due to some of the questionable and nasty behaviour I have seen him display towards other people on social media. i've seen one too many instances of this now - the most recent one including a string of very nasty messages that were bordering on bullying towards another equine professional.

If you are talking about 'The Kisses and Cuddles Lady' I could not agree more. That rant was appalling in every way. And so utterly childish! Feeble, petty insults and personal attacks. I just love the way she has turned 'KIsses and Cuddles' into a marketing tagline! Send your horse to an arrogant abusive bully or to someone who loves horses and treats them like her own! Hmmm tough choice.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I met Jay Johnson this week at he worked with two horses own by friends, one had a very hard life before my friend owned it and terrified. Jay Johnson was kind and extremely understanding of this horses past her was patient and assertive. The horse is very relaxed now. I can only speak as I find. He genuinely loves horses and wants to help. With the second horse, he spent as much time working on the riders confidence patiently walking out with her so that she could gain confidence in herself and her horse in traffic. He certainly didn't use any harsh methods at all. I've been watching him every day this week

Sorry Fjord, the picture he either chose or allowed to be used to go with the Horse and Hound article about him would stop me ever calling him, no matter how many glowing reviews people post about him.

9tails

Visit site
He is not a rational and balanced man. He replied to one of my comments on a face book post of his about a dangerous horse he had ridden but got thrown off from....From what he said about the horse I just don't think he fully understands how a horses mind works . Yes he can sit a buck but he just doesn't get horses I think and that's probably because he is not balanced or rational.

He doesn't sit that many bucks, judging by all the injuries he's received in his career.