just sad, is all ...

Farma

Visit site
Im so sorry to read this :( i know the pain you are feeling, my horse of 20 years was pts in november and it destroyed me and i have only recently began to come to terms with it but she was my everything and i have felt utterly lost without her.
Remeber all the good times and how incredibly lucky he was not be passed from pillar to post.

rascal

Visit site
So sorry, that was one special horse.
My old mare also gave my hubby the thumbs up. We lost two last year so i do know how you feel, one we had for all but two years of his life. he was 28. The other only 6, my eldest daughter had him from 18 months old, and waited all that time for him to really be old enough to do anything with him, the owner of the field found him.

Buds_mum

Visit site
So very sorry for you vanner. I hope your boy is running free.
What a lucky boy to be so very loved and thought of. Every horse should have that xx

Mickle

Visit site
You were together from the beginning to the end and not many can say that. My thoughts and hugs go to you tonight, take care of yourself because you truly took care of your boy. xx

Vanner

Visit site
I cannot thank you all enough .. I am feeling very humbled by the wonderful outburst of love and understanding from people that I have never met.

Mate was such a character, and we had the tightest bond you could wish for. He would undo his stable door and come and find me if I was gone for too long, he even calmly walked into the feed room one day after negotiating a dark corridor first, as well as walking through the hay barn!

He would follow me wherever I went, and never take his eyes off me when I was around. He would talk to me, and whicker back at me if I asked him anything. and he hated certain hats I wore and would take them off and drop them in the mud! I could clip him without him wearing a head collar, he would just stand patiently while I made him look like a big girls blouse, and then wear said clip with a hard done by expression on his face!!! and he would reach round and take off a certain saddle cloth - I am sure it was because he didn't like the colour, as I had another one exactly the same but in green, that one he allowed!!!!

He was a total a*** to get on, and I would always end up hopping along by his side because he was off as soon as my foot touched the stirrup, but when we ended up with him on top of me in the ditch after he was spooked by a mad tanker driver (who didn't stop!), he stood like a statue whilst I struggled on board .. and then he calmly turned and took me home, negotiating 2 cross roads on the way, whilst I lay up his neck struggling to breath and crying in pain. I later found out I have broken 3 ribs and pulled all the tendons in my groin and was off work for several weeks.

He quite simply was my hero in every sense of the word.

missmatch

Visit site
That has to be one of the most beautiful tributes I have ever read. I am so sorry you lost your best friend you obviously have an unbreakable bond xxx

goodtimes

Visit site
I'm so sorry. You gave him the ultimate gift.

I have lost 2 horses in 2 years. Although it doesn't feel like it yet, you will eventually remember him and smile.

littleladylou

Visit site
What a beautiful tribute to your best friend. thoughts are with you

QUOTE=Vanner;11442445]I cannot thank you all enough .. I am feeling very humbled by the wonderful outburst of love and understanding from people that I have never met.

Mate was such a character, and we had the tightest bond you could wish for. He would undo his stable door and come and find me if I was gone for too long, he even calmly walked into the feed room one day after negotiating a dark corridor first, as well as walking through the hay barn!

He would follow me wherever I went, and never take his eyes off me when I was around. He would talk to me, and whicker back at me if I asked him anything. and he hated certain hats I wore and would take them off and drop them in the mud! I could clip him without him wearing a head collar, he would just stand patiently while I made him look like a big girls blouse, and then wear said clip with a hard done by expression on his face!!! and he would reach round and take off a certain saddle cloth - I am sure it was because he didn't like the colour, as I had another one exactly the same but in green, that one he allowed!!!!

He was a total a*** to get on, and I would always end up hopping along by his side because he was off as soon as my foot touched the stirrup, but when we ended up with him on top of me in the ditch after he was spooked by a mad tanker driver (who didn't stop!), he stood like a statue whilst I struggled on board .. and then he calmly turned and took me home, negotiating 2 cross roads on the way, whilst I lay up his neck struggling to breath and crying in pain. I later found out I have broken 3 ribs and pulled all the tendons in my groin and was off work for several weeks.

He quite simply was my hero in every sense of the word.[/QUOTE]

pines of rome

Visit site
Sorry you have lost your old friend, but how lovely that you had him all his life, he will leave a big hole! I know how you are feeling, I have been there and was totally heartbroken! Hugs x

LittleGinger

Visit site
What a beautiful post for a horse that was clearly adored. I'm so sorry for you Vanner - what an honour to have known such a wonderful horse.

Kamakazegirl

Visit site
So sorry, he sounds like a dream of a horse, and after 25 years you will have lots of memories to remember him by, though of course it's not the same as the real thing. Sleep tight xx

Surreydeb

Visit site
So sorry to hear your news. How lucky was he to have a lifetime secure with one owner and how lucky were you to have such a great friend. Enjoy your memories and thoughts of the life you shared together. Hugs xxx

ozpoz

Visit site
Oh, so very sorry for your loss - what a wonderful relationship though, one to treasure in memory forever.
My thoughts are with you at this sad time.
x

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
So, so sorry for your loss. When you loose a member of your family, one who has been with you through good and bad times, it is hard to see the positives, but you are obviously special and brave person who has already managed to begin to.

Jericho

Visit site
RIP special boy, he sounds wonderful and how lovely he spent his whole life with you. I think he is your guardian angel x

googol

Visit site
What a lucky lucky horse and a lucky lucky owner, sounds like u have some fantastic memories to treasure forever

Beautiful tribute and my heart is breaking for you... Time will be your only healer

Horses are such hard animals to lose

Sleep tight Mate

First pony G

Visit site
Oh dear, I am so sorry you have had to say goodbye to your wonderful horse. You have given him life long friendship. You have loved him all his live and that is the best any horse would ask for. I am thinking about you both and I'm sure he will be looking down on you right now with all his horsey friends in meadows he could have only dreamed of xxx