Katie Price.

Auslander

Visit site
So it is perfectly OK for dogs to get out and damage other peoples animals? You would think differently if it was your pets or birds, so many times people on here have said they wish people would keep their dogs under control, does that not apply if the dog belongs to someone well known? They do just as much damage.

NO -one is saying that. Everyone is saying that it's not fair to single someone out and bitch about them on social media, just because they are in the public eye. I can say with confidence that the chances that she deliberately let her dogs out to cause trouble/get run over/etc are incredibly slim. Bad stuff happens when you have animals - bet you wouldn't like it if your pet was run over and people started mouthing off on social media about how it was all your fault - correct?
Probably a waste of time posting this, as you haven't taken a blind bit of notice of any of the other comments on here, but hey.

rascal

Visit site
Once would have been an accident, should then have fixed the problem so that it did not happen again. One dog got out and killed chickens owned by someone else, the other got out and was run over. Horse also got out and was hit by a car. Anyone well known would have been in the news.

Arzada

Visit site
Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

Of course they are. Fortunately, and advisedly, most people don't turn things into a social media witch hunt. Which BTW in days gone meant literally that and people were killed by mob rule. Thinking about it this still happens. While you may remain hating and sounding off on social media there are people who see this and turn their hate into action. You are the thin end of the wedge.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Once would have been an accident, should then have fixed the problem so that it did not happen again. One dog got out and killed chickens owned by someone else, the other got out and was run over. Horse also got out and was hit by a car. Anyone well known would have been in the news.
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. You would not have been happy if the loose dogs had caused your horses to bolt.

Unless I've missed something, her dogs have not caused horses to bolt, so I don't understand why you keep bringing that up. To me, it sounds as if you also blame her for that other person's dogs have scared other people's horses.

I think it was last year that I read about that, as I recall it, a Mountainbike cyclist came round some bushes, spotted a horse, and rider, not far ahead on the trail, and hit their brakes. But the horse spooked, took off, rider fell off, and the horse fell/slid down some bank, and injured a leg. And the rider complained in an interview about that it wasn't the first time mountainbike cyclists scared horses on that trail, either by swishing by or stopping, too close to the horses.

Perhaps we should blame Katie Price for such accidents as well. Okay, so it happened in Sweden, but logic doesn't seem to be important here, so why care about such minor details.

Visit site
Rascal, it really is not normal behaviour to be so obsessed with someone, celebrity or not. You need To seek help For yourself.

Im not sure what you feel you will get out of this? As others have said, if you have genuine concerns, contact the welfare associations and explain your concerns. By simply coming onto social media fuelling a hate campaign it shows that you really don’t give a toss, otherwise you would actually be in touch with the authorities who can actually act in any situation that is justified.

Are you hoping to help push poor KP over the edge with such a hate campaign? She is a mother (as I believe you are), are you hoping her children end up without a mother as your hatred has pushed her over the line, as it could easily happen! What a fine example your own behaviour is setting to your own children.

Winters100

Visit site
So it is perfectly OK for dogs to get out and damage other peoples animals? You would think differently if it was your pets or birds, so many times people on here have said they wish people would keep their dogs under control, does that not apply if the dog belongs to someone well known? They do just as much damage.

Rascal please try to understand this. There is nothing that I have read that convinces me that these incidents are the result of neglect or irresponsibility on the part of the owner. If you have such evidence by all means tell us, but just because animals escaped more than once it does not make the owner guilty of neglect. It is nothing to do with her being well known. I live outside of the UK and had to google to find out who she is, and quite frankly I am still not entirely sure what she does for a living. BUT just because there are press reports of accidents does not make someone automatically guilty of neglect.

What do you really know about what happened in these cases? Did the dogs escape through the same part of the fence? Had efforts been made to contain them? What about exact movements of others in the household? Did the horses escape because of a poorly secured field or did they get through or over a fence which would have been acceptable to the average horse owner? What was the exact timeline of the events, over what period did they occur, did these dogs or horses have a history of escaping? Were others involved in their care, and if so had they alerted the owner to problems with fencing, or did it appear to be reasonable? None of these questions are answered by the press, or by you. If you want to convince me that someone who I do not know should not be allowed to have animals you have to do a bit more than tell me that the dogs escaped more than once and a horse jumped or otherwise escaped from a paddock. I am not saying that she is a perfect owner, I am simply saying that it is not right to assume that someone is guilty without any evidence.

As for the petition I looked at it, and frankly found it to be childish. It is asking PETA and the RSPCA to ban her from buying animals. I would assume that in the UK such a ban could only be imposed by a court, and would only be imposed if abuse were to be proven. Are these people suggesting that the RSPCA should spend valuable time trying to prove that historic events were somehow caused by neglect? And that then they would be able to persuade the CPS to prosecute and ask a court to impose a ban? I believe that they have better things to do. Why the petition is also addressed to PETA is a bit of a mystery to me. Thankfully PETA is not involved in such things, and if it were we would probably all be having our horses taken from us because we ride them https://www.peta.org/about-peta/faq/how-does-peta-feel-about-horseback-riding/

You clearly live in a perfect world where neither you, nor anyone else who cares for your animals has, or will ever, make a mistake. Long may this continue, however I can tell you that I know responsible and loving owners who have suffered losing their animals through accidents, and much as some of them blame themselves there is a reality that accidents happen. Attacking people online and starting petty and spiteful petitions to hurt people simply because one finds their public persona disagreeable is nothing more than childish.

stormox

Visit site
Everyone is entitled to an opinion. You would not have been happy if the loose dogs had caused your horses to bolt.

I dont think her dogs did cause any horses to bolt did they? Rascal, do you personally know Katie Price? Because unless you do, and know the full facts on what happened, and remember theres 2 sides to every story, I dont honestly think you have any right to be so horrible.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Rascal please try to understand this. There is nothing that I have read that convinces me that these incidents are the result of neglect or irresponsibility on the part of the owner. If you have such evidence by all means tell us, but just because animals escaped more than once it does not make the owner guilty of neglect. It is nothing to do with her being well known. I live outside of the UK and had to google to find out who she is, and quite frankly I am still not entirely sure what she does for a living. BUT just because there are press reports of accidents does not make someone automatically guilty of neglect.

What do you really know about what happened in these cases? Did the dogs escape through the same part of the fence? Had efforts been made to contain them? What about exact movements of others in the household? Did the horses escape because of a poorly secured field or did they get through or over a fence which would have been acceptable to the average horse owner? What was the exact timeline of the events, over what period did they occur, did these dogs or horses have a history of escaping? Were others involved in their care, and if so had they alerted the owner to problems with fencing, or did it appear to be reasonable? None of these questions are answered by the press, or by you. If you want to convince me that someone who I do not know should not be allowed to have animals you have to do a bit more than tell me that the dogs escaped more than once and a horse jumped or otherwise escaped from a paddock. I am not saying that she is a perfect owner, I am simply saying that it is not right to assume that someone is guilty without any evidence.

As for the petition I looked at it, and frankly found it to be childish. It is asking PETA and the RSPCA to ban her from buying animals. I would assume that in the UK such a ban could only be imposed by a court, and would only be imposed if abuse were to be proven. Are these people suggesting that the RSPCA should spend valuable time trying to prove that historic events were somehow caused by neglect? And that then they would be able to persuade the CPS to prosecute and ask a court to impose a ban? I believe that they have better things to do. Why the petition is also addressed to PETA is a bit of a mystery to me. Thankfully PETA is not involved in such things, and if it were we would probably all be having our horses taken from us because we ride them https://www.peta.org/about-peta/faq/how-does-peta-feel-about-horseback-riding/

You clearly live in a perfect world where neither you, nor anyone else who cares for your animals has, or will ever, make a mistake. Long may this continue, however I can tell you that I know responsible and loving owners who have suffered losing their animals through accidents, and much as some of them blame themselves there is a reality that accidents happen. Attacking people online and starting petty and spiteful petitions to hurt people simply because one finds their public persona disagreeable is nothing more than childish.
Bit of a tangent but I hate how they always use Ren Hursts book, it's not a very good book.

rascal

Visit site
We are entitled to have views of our own, maybe if she did not want people having those views and i am not the only one judging by that petition, she should fix the issues. I do not know her but i do know people who live nearby, and they all have the same views.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
We are entitled to have views of our own, maybe if she did not want people having those views and i am not the only one judging by that petition, she should fix the issues. I do not know her but i do know people who live nearby, and they all have the same views.
Well, perhaps if you're so strong on animal welfare (rather than celebrity baiting/envy/persecution) perhaps you could direct your compassion/spite towards something that would make a difference, like volunteering or contributing to a charity?

maggiestar

Visit site
Sorry to be blunt, but get a life!

stormox

Visit site

Having views is one thing. But a 'view' is only an opinion, not the truth. Using those views to be horrible, nasty and bullying to another is most definately NOT ok.

Winters100

Visit site

So tell us exactly what are the issues that she should be fixing? What is the construction of the fence that was used to contain the horse? Was it a design flaw, poorly maintained, or damaged in some way, and if so has she now already fixed it? Was the horse perhaps let out by some passers by who opened a gate or damaged a fence? What was the weather like in the hours leading up to the escape of the horse? If weather was an issue had weather warnings been issued and with how much notice? When had the fence last been inspected? Do you check every inch of your fence before each time you turn out, and do you continually check it while your horses are in the paddock? You have no idea what actually happened, all you know is that dogs escaped more than once and a horse also escaped and was tragically killed. Your views are based upon your assumptions about this woman's behavior, which is based upon your perception of her from the press, not upon the facts and circumstances surrounding these events.

A few days ago one of my horses got out of the paddock. A child had opened the gate and not closed it properly. No harm done, she simply wandered back to her box to check for food. But who should be banned from keeping animals in this instance? Me as owner? The father of the child who was supposed to be supervising them? The child? Maybe all 3 of us? YO and grooms too?

You keep harping on about 'how would you feel if it was your chicken who was killed by her dog'. Well there is a reason that it is courts who sentence people, not victims, or the family of the victim. If my child were to be killed by a driver doing 31 mph in a 30 zone I may well feel that I wanted them locked up for life, but clearly this is an emotional response not based upon facts. If my animals were injured or killed I would also be devastated, and probably initially very angry, but this does not mean that the owner of the animals is necessarily a bad or irresponsible owner. Can you honestly say that it is 100% impossible that any of your animals could ever get loose? If so I would like to know how you achieve this.

You are indeed entitled to an opinion, but when you share that opinion online be prepared for others to point out that it is worthless, since you do not have the full picture of any of these incidents, or if you do you have chosen not to share this information. Quite frankly the things that you have said in this thread tell me a lot more about you as a person than they do about Katie Price as an animal owner. I should not waste my time replying to this as your mind is already made up, but I dislike bullying, and that is what this spiteful and jealous little petition is.