Katie Price.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
It was the dogs i was talking about, getting off the property.
err yeah, you mentioned the dogs in your comment that I was replying to, what else did you think I was talking about?!

So yes, just be to VERY clear if I am moaning that people have out of control dogs on or off their property I don't also think 'they should never have any animals ever again', it's disproportionate. I don't know why you think it is proportionate but you don't seem to have made a great case so far.

smolmaus

Visit site
What is the point of your hate campaign against KP?
A pile on feels good when you can convince yourself it's righteous.

In a lot of places online and among a lot of people IRL, you just have to mention KP and the bitching starts. It's usually an easy win if you fancy riling up a squeaky little hate mob so you can all feel superior together. It's very pleasing to see base, boring bitchiness not get started in this thread tbh no matter how hard certain people are trying.

rascal

Visit site
One dog attacked chickens when it got off the property, another was hit by a car also after getting off her property. Not a responsible owner. What will be attacked next, child trying to protect their pet?

honetpot

Visit site
One dog attacked chickens when it got off the property, another was hit by a car also after getting off her property. Not a responsible owner. What will be attacked next, child trying to protect their pet?

Geez is every dog got taken away because it attacked chickens, or in my case my goat, there would be a very long list. In most cases its an accident, someone has left the door/gate open, and the dogs instinct is to chase. Or in the case of repeat offenders, I had a lab cross that worked out if it stood on tippy toes, it could squeeze through the larger size holes at the top of stock fencing, and I had been blaming the kids for not shutting the gate properly, they get fudging sneaky.
I had a NF would would push through the smallest thinning hedge if she had the right incentive, to most of us it would look like a solid hedge, and then of course there are the electric fence, under or overers.
If everyone was good at keeping their dogs in we wouldn't need the dog warden, and the dog that's chained up in some yard is actually a just as likely to be a welfare concern.
If I see a dog wandering I phone the dog warden, it costs about £100 to get it back, that usually stops people who just couldn't care less.

rascal

Visit site
Like a lot of other people on here i do not like out of control dogs, no matter who owns them we live next to two, our horse was attacked by a different dog, my mother in laws horse was almost killed by a dog the owner had no control over, took months of vet visits, and the dog owner legged it.

AmyMay

Situation normal
Visit site
Like a lot of other people on here i do not like out of control dogs, no matter who owns them we live next to two, our horse was attacked by a different dog, my mother in laws horse was almost killed by a dog the owner had no control over, took months of vet visits, and the dog owner legged it.

And that is a really awful thing to have happened. We’d all agree on that.

Do you have a link to the fb page naming those responsible so that any of us can comment and share, if we’re so minded?

Chianti

Visit site
Can someone please explain how anyone who was declared bankrupt last year and is supposed to be paying off debts can afford to keep horses on full livery?

stormox

Visit site
A lot of people on here have moaned about out of control dogs, including myself, and owners who can not be bothered to keep them under control, is this person really any more responsible than the ones people on here have been moaning about for years?
Moaning about something, or talking about an anonymous person is one thing, having a post mentioning a persons name, or agreeing with a FB hate page about a particular person is another. It doesnt hurt to be nice.

smolmaus

Visit site
Can someone please explain how anyone who was declared bankrupt last year and is supposed to be paying off debts can afford to keep horses on full livery?
If you have a hunch that a person is committing fraud against the government then you should take that straight to your local Insolvency service officer who I'm sure will very happily laugh you out of the building.

emilylou

Visit site
If people put as much effort into doing good as they do into scrutinizing other people's lives and criticizing I am sure a lot of our problems would be solved very quickly.
Instead of worrying about Katie Price why not spend that energy doing something good or useful.
No one is perfect, not her, not anyone, what does it even achieve to sit on your high horse and complain about it?

Chianti

Visit site
If you have a hunch that a person is committing fraud against the government then you should take that straight to your local Insolvency service officer who I'm sure will very happily laugh you out of the building.
It was in the national press so I suspect they already know.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site

She has very wealthy friends and some of her children are bankrolled by their father Peter Andre, who I'm sure doesn't want their mother taking them to live in a 2 bed high rise flat. I'm sure that the livery money doesn't come out of her bank account if she is still an undischarged bankrupt, the bankruptcy regulators would never allow it.

oldie48

Visit site
Sometimes I just long for the good old pre-internet days when we heard our vile gossipy neighbours dishing the dirt or work colleagues ripping someone off or being unkind and just crossed them off our Christmas card list and tried to avoid sitting next to them in the pub. Happy simple days when the only trolls lived under a bridge!

Winters100

Visit site
My dog has escaped from my property..... Shall I give her up?

She’s also chased a cat, a squirrel and a sheep..

If we all have to give up our dogs and other animals if they ever escape from our properties I fear that the shelters will be very full. Mine would be joining yours there for a start!

mini_b

Visit site
If someone can be this vitriolic and so concerned about the business of someone they do not know, I’d worry about being on a yard or in an office with this sort of person.

I know those in the public eye are subject to scrutiny and seen as “fair game” but this thread is sickening to be honest; very glad to see that the vast majority agree...

Merry Christmas!

laura_nash

towercottage.weebly.com
How many times have you moaned about out of control dogs being a nuisance and running around your horses when you go for a ride, or getting into your field?

I haven't, and when others do I generally post trying to calm things down and point out we all know and understand that animals have their own minds.

Its getting a bit off topic, but I find it pretty hypocritical how some people are happy to take a horse out on the road that they are not 100% in control of (or even the 80% control that most of us manage, e.g. a new or young one), and even get grumpy with someone mowing their grass in their own garden scaring said horse, but then think all dog owners should have complete 100% control over their dogs at all times and in all situations. I live in rural Ireland though, where latch-key dogs are still very common and people are pretty relaxed about animal control generally (escapee cows / sheep are a weekly occurance). My neighbours dog regularly sunbathes on the road in front of my house in summer, and there is a dog by my daughters school that sits in the front garden and jumps out at the cars as they pass (we joke she's our traffic calming measure). Its probably best if OP doesn't come visit this area, I suspect they'd would want to ban everyone in the county from animal ownership immediately.

To answer your question about how forgiving I'd be if it was my chickens that had been attacked, that would have depended on the exact circumstances and the attitude and behaviour of the owner after the fact. Sadly my chickens were taken by a fox last winter despite my best efforts at protecting them, so sh*t does happen with animals, and I'm not a big believer in this modern "it has to be SOMEONES fault" attitude. Sure, if they'd been previous incidents, obvious or deliberate neglect and/or the dogs owner wasn't suitably horrified and apologetic I'd be furious. To the best of my knowledge it isn't the chickens owner in this case that is leading the online witch-hunt.

Nudibranch

Visit site
One of my chickens was mauled (fatally) by a walker's dog, off lead and no recall. In the middle of lambing. Right in front of me. The dog walker got an earful, I declined his offer to pay for the hen - by which time I had started to actually feel a bit sorry for him. End of story. I hope in future he has more control of his dog. I was upset about my hen but that was the end of the matter. I didn't call the police, or demand his dog be seized, or that he be banned from keeping animals. Or start an online hate campaign.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
I kind of like her I think! ?
I remember watching her ponies series with my daughter years ago. I can’t really recall much if it at all tbh but it gave me the impression she genuinely cared about her animals.
She’s had a crap run of it. So have I the past few years and I’d hate to think people pointed the finger at me for what’s been rubbish heartbreaking luck.