Kent vet

benson21

Visit site
Now I think thats really wrong! If you are in court for something like drink driving, surely they are not allowed to drive. So why on earth is she still be allowed to sell?

Alec Swan

Visit site
Aniela Jurecka is advertising on Facebook today!

Now I think thats really wrong! If you are in court for something like drink driving, surely they are not allowed to drive. So why on earth is she still be allowed to sell?

Has Ms. Jurecka been found guilty yet? If she hasn't, then the Court will have to wait until she is, assuming that she is, and then the Court could place an order preventing her from trading, perhaps.

Alec.

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
Drunk driving is an "absolute" offence, the evidence and proof are obtained when the breath/blood sample is given, although the driving ban is the sentence given by the court, so I understand that you can drive until conviction ( insurance may be tricky).. If the defendant is pleading not guilty then of course she can continue to trade, we do still have the rule of innocent until proved guilty.

benson21

Visit site
Ok, my mistake, I just find it heartbreaking as, after what happened to , I can still see it happening to others.No, she hasnt been found guilty yet, but I know what happened in my case!

whiteroom

Visit site
This seems very messy - Ms Jurecka I understand is also known as Anni Inceman (Willow Sport Horses?) Coincidentally ads from Ms Jurecka and Ms Inceman seem to be the same in several intances. Innocent until proven guilty of course but this is a tangled web,

Clodagh

Visit site
I never look at any horse ads in Kent, just to be on the safe side of not looking at anything dodgy. I feel sorry for legitimate Kent sellers!

Wundahorse

Visit site
I somehow anticipate tax payers will end up burdened by the financial responsibility of this case. I can imagine all parties will insist they have no income to find any prospective fines. If they get a custodial sentence it will still be the state that pays.
Ms Jurecka is still very much in business in Kent. By all accounts she seems unrepentant.

whiteroom

Visit site
Indeed, the accused all seem to be merrily going about their business, the question is whether or not is it legitimate! Ms Jurecka is advertising for internal stabling so I guess she is expanding....

emmafielding

Visit site
They are probably all merrily going about their business without a care or shame, Mr David Smith is for one, gelding several cobs in Shadoxhurst, Ashford on Saturday 14th just gone for CASH in Hand, cobs in Chartham Nr Canterbury last month so he is doing ok even with the Tax man. In court all week & working for cash the weekends, Its a joke witness No68 today

emmafielding

Visit site
And as for innocent until proven guilty, they should have all assets & stock frozen, suspended from any trading what so ever, As for the Vet suspended from any form of trade, business or practice. Doctors, policemen are fully suspended pending further inquiries etc. Why should they be allowed to trade, work or earn neither gave a dam about anything whilst they were conning or taking advantage, crown court & 68++ witnesses is not for nothing, at the very least l hope the vet rots

Forum Admin Team

Forum Administrators
Visit site
Two horse dealers and a vet have been convicted of a “large-scale fraud” where they colluded to sell ill and dangerous horses to “unsuspecting buyers”.

Aniela Jurecka, 28, Charlotte Johnson, 28, and vet David Smith, 66, were found guilty of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation today (Monday 13 June) following a 14-week trial at Maidstone Crown Court.

They will be sentenced next month.

http://www.horseandhound.co.uk/news/aniela-jurecka-charlotte-johnson-david-smith-guilty-543362

MrsB

Visit site
Soooo.... we weren't wrong. We weren't liars. It's been proven in court that these people were guilty. And I'm so very glad that justice has been served.

benson21

Visit site
All been sentenced this morning, all receiving 2 1/2 years in prison, serving half of it in prison,and half out on license. So, to all of the people slagging us off, telling us we were liars.....does this prove our point!!!

YorksG

Over the hill and far awa
Visit site
And as for innocent until proven guilty, they should have all assets & stock frozen, suspended from any trading what so ever, As for the Vet suspended from any form of trade, business or practice. Doctors, policemen are fully suspended pending further inquiries etc. Why should they be allowed to trade, work or earn neither gave a dam about anything whilst they were conning or taking advantage, crown court & 68++ witnesses is not for nothing, at the very least l hope the vet rots
Just as an asside, those other professions/jobs are salaried and people are suspended on full pay, self-employed people would not be able to earn a living, which may well be appropriate following a finding of guilt, but is hardly so before any such finding.
I am pleased that these three have been found guilty and hope that assests are seized to at least pay back the money they defrauded others of.

Alec Swan

Visit site