Kent vet

emmafielding

Visit site

Sal_E

Visit site
Gutted to hear he got off so lightly. He & his dealer girlfriend of the time pretty much ruined my childhood. If I had any sort of proof I'd have been trying to prosecute them as well! Shame it was all too long ago & I was so massively naive back then... Immoral people.

emmafielding

Visit site
Sorry for not answering sooner just been so busy. Bless you, well keep an eye on the RCVS site on the hearings section coz things will be happening. I always say what goes around comes around, might take sometime but eventually it bites them. xx

benson21

Visit site
Now, I my have this wrong, but i have heard on the grapevine that David Smith is practising again. Can anyone confirm this??? Wont say any more at the mo, just in case its just rumours!!

benson21

Visit site
Its absolutely disgraceful that this man can still practice, after all he has done. Falsifying documents, illegally docking dog tails, and then this case, WHAT HAS THIS MAN GOT OVER THE RCVS?????

benson21

Visit site
A convicted man from Finglesham has been ordered to pay back £59,000 under the Proceeds of Crime Act after he colluded with two women to sell 17 ill and dangerous horses to unsuspecting buyers.

David Smith, 66, of The Street, Finglesham, #Deal , Aniela Jurecka, 28, of Prospect Place, #Collier Street, #Tonbridge, and Charlotte Johnson, 28, of Tollgate Way, #Sandling were all found guilty of conspiracy to commit fraud by false representation and were each sentenced to two-and-a-half-years in prison when they appeared before Maidstone Crown Court on Monday, 11 July 2016.

At a confiscation hearing at Maidstone Crown Court on Thursday 18 January 2018, it was established that Smith had benefited from his criminal conduct by £59,050.00 and he was ordered to pay a confiscation order for the same amount within three months.

The Court found that Jurecka had benefited from her criminal conduct by £105,553.00 and Johnson had benefited by £85,795.00. They also received confiscation orders for £104.96 and £1 respectively.

Detective Inspector Annie Clayton of the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate said: `The total amount confiscated will allow the victims of these frauds to be compensated.

‘This should send a message to offenders that once they have been sentenced, we will continue to investigate any financial gain they have made and will use the available legislation to seize any cash or property obtained through criminal behaviour.’

This is from Kent police.

I cant believe he is still protesting his innocence!!! And to say he 'quite enjoyed prison'!!!

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
this stands out
You don’t put people like me in prison.

The MRCVS wheels are moving rather slowly it would seem?! Perhaps they had to wait until he was released so that he could appear?

Cecile

Visit site
He says he wants to retire, maybe he will try to clear his name before that
It will be interesting to see how the RCVS act on this, when they get around to it of course.........

He may say he quite enjoyed prison but I can't say I'd actually believe that

Alec Swan

Visit site
Smith has been previously banned from practice over the illegal docking of dog's tails by the RCVS Disciplinary Board, so he's hardly likely to rely upon the findings of a High Court Judge in his defence! It would be interesting to know what aspect of the tail-docking was illegal though — a strange charge considering that vets are the only ones permitted to carry out the procedure.

I would be beyond surprised if the RCVS fly in the face of a prison sentence, and one which wasn't successfully appealed.

I'll admit that his claim that there are plenty of clients who are requesting 'vettings' raised a smile — now would that be those buying or selling horses, I wonder! :D

Judge Joy seemed to suggest that it was Smith's display of arrogance and disdain towards his clients which was a contributing factor, and human nature being what it is, the ire of the Judge is understandable …….. if only Smith had checked with me, I'd have advised him that 'You don't piss off a Judge - that really is being silly'! :D

It seems that the only one with the funds to pay the compensation penalty is Smith. His co-defendants, both women had assets of £104 and Nil, despite the fact that both had modern iPhones. They will walk away without facing any of the costs which is equally irritating.

Alec.

emmafielding

Visit site
He is out has been since about 6mths after he was jailed on tag for good behaviour because he was allowed to work on a friends farm. Unbelievable but that's how it goes. Staring again tomorrow RCVS until mid march reported in H&H

Caracarrie

Visit site
Just an observation from me - I've known of three very substantial frauds at my previous place of work, and I knew all the perpetrators pretty well, and would never have believed it of any of them, particularly the most recent one - I also knew his wife and some of his family. it was a very meticulous and well-organised operation and had been going on, it turned out, for years. You might think you know someone inside out, but they can still surprise you, especially when money is involved.

Cecile

Visit site
I feel very sorry for the people who have had this hanging over their head for years, that Clydesdale called Grace died 4 years ago, who wants to relive all that 4 years later, these owners must of eat, drunk and lived with all this for far too long
btw its not really any of my business but why has Alec Swan been rubbed out