Kent vet

Velcrobum

Visit site
I feel very sorry for the people who have had this hanging over their head for years, that Clydesdale called Grace died 4 years ago, who wants to relive all that 4 years later, these owners must of eat, drunk and lived with all this for far too long
btw its not really any of my business but why has Alec Swan been rubbed out

Alec has withdrawn from the forum as he has other things to deal with according to a thread somewhere in this forum. (might be in Club House)

dozzie

Visit site
He is retired. How does striking him off make a difference? It is too late. Harold Shipman was also retired when evidence came to light.

(Not referring to Alec btw!)

Mule

Visit site
He is retired. How does striking him off make a difference? It is too late. Harold Shipman was also retired when evidence came to light.

(Not referring to Alec btw!)

I suppose it's to send a message. It's a deterrent to others. If they didn't strike him off there would be more dodgy characters lining up to do similar. (I'm talking about vets. I don't think deterrence works for the likes of Harold Shipman)

Elsiev321

New User
Visit site
I feel very sorry for the people who have had this hanging over their head for years, that Clydesdale called Grace died 4 years ago, who wants to relive all that 4 years later, these owners must of eat, drunk and lived with all this for far too long

One of the dogs that died was mine. In April it will be four years since he misdiagnosed my dogs condition, he was found guilty of that charge. It took three long years and sadly my Mum passed a few days before the court case. Worst three years of my life and as you rightly say, I ate, drank and lived that fateful day x

Elsiev321

New User
Visit site
It was my dog Smith mis diagnosed, I lived with it for 3 years, absolute nightmare, he was found guilty of 6 charges, has 28 days to appeal then he is struck off for good :)

dozzie

Visit site
Yes but it makes be cross that they let vets and doctors continue to practise badly and only seem to strike them off once they have retired. But I guess striking him off now is better than nothing.

emmafielding

Visit site
He hasn't retired & he is still working, not struck off until pending appeal decision. If & when l think about all what has happen over the last 4 years l get upset & angry, boiling inside. Grace was mine & what he did seriously leaves me lost for words, he took an oath & has broken it so many times. He doesn't care, he is seriously so arrogant & l really am hoping one day his arrogance will bite him hard. l do think he has a mental problem listening & readimg his replies, he thinks he is above the law & any wrong doing. My respect & trust in the veterinary profession & the RCVS has totally been destroyed

Elsiev321

New User
Visit site
It was my wee dog that he killed, yes I say killed because the evil man didn't do Diabetes and didn't care basically, he is an arrogant idiot who had no care for his animals just doing devious things to make money, I only hope is is haunted by all the animals he Mistreated and Misdiagnosed, He wont appeal, all he wants to do is to retire and get on with his peaceful life and all the money he has fraudulently earned. I despise the man and hope one day he will get what he deserves ...

frankster

Visit site
It was my dog Smith mis diagnosed, I lived with it for 3 years, absolute nightmare, he was found guilty of 6 charges, has 28 days to appeal then he is struck off for good :)

I am so sorry for you beloved dog, and have lost faith with vets from our own experiences, our poor puppy was put through so much .... massive bill and totally unnecessary... also buggered a very good bitch from breeding....

Elsiev321

New User
Visit site
Emma, he should not be practising now, if you have any info please let me know as I have a direct link to the RCVS to let them know if he is still trading x

Elsiev321

New User
Visit site
Hi there Emma, if you have any details about when and where Smith is practising please let me know as I have a line to report him to the RCVS, his 28 days is well up, to my knowledge he hasn't appealed against the decision so should not be Practising anywhere xx