Kentucky 5*

KEK

Visit site
Damn, can't get the replay to work, I want to see what I missed!
Me either . Started watching the 1st couple last night but then went to sleep and can’t get the replay to work back. Annoying as we are 12 hrs ahead. Hopefully those watching keep commenting..

MurphysMinder

Visit site
Anyone ever been in person? Wondering if I should add to a bucket list item !
I went 10 years ago when my daughter was working in Kentucky. It was a fabulous event, although the shopping is dangerous ! Kentucky is such a horsey state, even Lexington airport has pictures of horses all over the walls.

MuddyMonster

Visit site
If I sign up to CMH for a free trial can I watch it on demand? I'm out tonight & tomorrow evening so will miss the dressage and XC but could possibly catch up later in the weekend.

millitiger

Visit site
If I sign up to CMH for a free trial can I watch it on demand? I'm out tonight & tomorrow evening so will miss the dressage and XC but could possibly catch up later in the weekend.

You need to sign up for a free USEF account first and then use that account to sign into CMH

BunnyDog

Visit site
You need the promo code. THAT makes it free when you sign up for the FIRST time. If you have signed up in the past, you cannot use the promo code to make it free.

It's USEFK3DE2024

Anyone ever been in person? Wondering if I should add to a bucket list item !

SO MANY TIMES! I used to work as a equestrian Journalist and have covered Kentucky (Rolex, Land Rover, etc. over a dozen times) And competed at the horse park. AND broke my collarbone there in a regular horse trials in the fall of 96. And I brought my young horse there in '15 to ride in the demonstrations during the 3 day to give us a leg up for our competition there in October. And it worked. We won in the fall.

Kentucky is fabulous and were it not for their severe weather, we have thought about moving there. But rampant amounts of ice and tornadoes are keeping us safely in Pennsylvania!

Em

Smitty

Visit site
Just looked on the link. Amazed at Bruce Davidson. Fair play. Some people give up driving at his age, never mind tackling a cc course on a fit horse...

BunnyDog

Visit site
Just looked on the link. Amazed at Bruce Davidson. Fair play. Some people give up driving at his age, never mind tackling a cc course on a fit horse...

Nope.

That's his son. "Buck"

Though Bruce himself was competing at a local event a couple weeks ago. He did the Training level and was 5th. (So roughly a 100 level event there)

Em

teapot

Visit site
You need the promo code. THAT makes it free when you sign up for the FIRST time. If you have signed up in the past, you cannot use the promo code to make it free.

It's USEFK3DE2024

SO MANY TIMES! I used to work as a equestrian Journalist and have covered Kentucky (Rolex, Land Rover, etc. over a dozen times) And competed at the horse park. AND broke my collarbone there in a regular horse trials in the fall of 96. And I brought my young horse there in '15 to ride in the demonstrations during the 3 day to give us a leg up for our competition there in October. And it worked. We won in the fall.

Kentucky is fabulous and were it not for their severe weather, we have thought about moving there. But rampant amounts of ice and tornadoes are keeping us safely in Pennsylvania!

Em

My free account which I've had a few years still works, no codes needed!

Parrotperson

Visit site
Anyone think E Halliday and Cooley Nutcracker should be equal 3rd?

Horses very tense. Lots of mistakes. Poor flying changes (he leapt right before one of them).

Thought Tom’s test was lovely. Was a nice horse JL Dublin is.

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
Anyone think E Halliday and Cooley Nutcracker should be equal 3rd?

Horses very tense. Lots of mistakes. Poor flying changes (he leapt right before one of them).

Thought Tom’s test was lovely. Was a nice horse JL Dublin is.
Some of the dressage marking has been....interesting.

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
Did anyone see LCC Barnaby's test? H&H report the vets passed the horse as sound back at the stables after the elimination.

My USEF live stream is being difficult (I sign in, watch 30secs, it asks me to sign in, I do, I watch 30secs and it asks me to sign in again so I never see more than the first 30secs)

Parrotperson

Visit site
Did anyone see LCC Barnaby's test? H&H report the vets passed the horse as sound back at the stables after the elimination.

My USEF live stream is being difficult (I sign in, watch 30secs, it asks me to sign in, I do, I watch 30secs and it asks me to sign in again so I never see more than the first 30secs)
One of the one’s that went before Tom M looked lame to me but they didn’t buzz. The judging has been far from good and I think they need to look at it.

KEK

Visit site
One of the one’s that went before Tom M looked lame to me but they didn’t buzz. The judging has been far from good and I think they need to look at it.
What's been happening? Haven't been able to watch due to time difference. Heard marks on average 2 higher than usual..

Parrotperson

Visit site
What's been happening? Haven't been able to watch due to time difference. Heard marks on average 2 higher than usual..
Well I didn’t see everyone one and am slightly surprised that marks are on average higher

Cooley Nutcracker (I think that’s its name!) had, I thought, a pretty tense test. Poor extensions. Behind the vertical and the changes were appalling. If I’d been judging she’d have gotten 3/4 for the changes. Horse anticipated them dived right then tended up even more then changed.

One of the later starters I’m sure was lame but nothing was said. But they eliminated someone else for lameness but the vets passed it sound back the stables.

All just a bit odd. Normally I don’t notice anything in the dresssge apart from one test being better than another if you know what I mean but this had me fascinated!!

Reactions: KEK