Kentucky 5*

lannerch

Visit site
According to tom dubs finished sound so 🤞
Agree olis round was amazing coolly to me should be his Olympic potentisl as he’s usually very reliable at the show jumping and as we all know that in the olympics is very influential

Last edited:

LEC

Opinions are like bum holes, everyone has one.
www.youtube.com
I get the impression that Dubs isn't that honest, and while I like Tom's riding, he does sometimes make odd decisions. Like why so fast off that step? Or when he absolutely flew into that bounce at Badminton and crashed.
I don’t get that impression about Dubs. Aachen was a bit unlucky and lots of horses have picked up faults and I was there at the fence at euros and just ran out of stamina which many did on that ground and left a leg which tipped Tom out. They know each other better now but still learning.

clinkerbuilt

Visit site
I get the impression that Dubs isn't that honest, and while I like Tom's riding, he does sometimes make odd decisions. Like why so fast off that step? Or when he absolutely flew into that bounce at Badminton and crashed.
I was pondering similar: different horses but comes a cropper powering through combinations.

TheMule

Visit site
I was pondering similar: different horses but comes a cropper powering through combinations.

I think it’s a bit overly critical TBH- he was too fast into the bounce on a hard-pulling and very fresh TDK but I’ve never seen any other riding from him that would be wrong for the question in front of him.
He didn’t do much wrong off the step, just didn’t quite meet the skinny right and the horse jumped a bit awkwardly so he made a very quick and good decision to go long, his pace was fine IMO

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
I think it’s a bit overly critical TBH- he was too fast into the bounce on a hard-pulling and very fresh TDK but I’ve never seen any other riding from him that would be wrong for the question in front of him.
He didn’t do much wrong off the step, just didn’t quite meet the skinny right and the horse jumped a bit awkwardly so he made a very quick and good decision to go long, his pace was fine IMO
His interview was interesting as he says in it he is not sure why he chose to approach the drop the way he did and that it was the wrong choice.

Mimsyborogrove

Visit site
His interview was interesting as he says in it he is not sure why he chose to approach the drop the way he did and that it was the wrong choice.
He was frank which he generally is in interview.Things happen very fast on a 5* x/c and riders have to react. Which is what he did and the horse responded. Far from dishonest .

shortstuff99

Currently Cambridgeshire! (or where ever I fancy)!
Visit site
He was frank which he generally is in interview.Things happen very fast on a 5* x/c and riders have to react. Which is what he did and the horse responded. Far from dishonest .
Never said the horse was dishonest, said I got the impression he is not quite as honest as others as he always seems quite managed by Tom. I still like Tom as a rider.

Northern Hare

Visit site
We really enjoyed the coverage last night. I just wondered if anyone knows how Zara Tindall got on please - we must have missed her round?

Velcrobum

Visit site
Well another interesting decision by the ground jury. They eliminated Zach Brant after he had completed XC clear for pressing a tired horse!!
I thought the whole idea of the tired horse ruling was that it was applied during the round not after the round was complete............

Very strange.