Kevin Kat has been diagnosed with a stomach tumour.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Thank you. The collective kindness and empathy of the HHO tribe has kept me safe and sane. I feel utterly destroyed by his sudden death. He was my boon companion.

I feel exactly the same about Ludo and the support I had last week. This forum really is the best at times.

You can think of this thread when it starts to hit you Ratface. Take care.

Ratface

Visit site
I feel exactly the same about Ludo and the support I had last week. This forum really is the best at times.

You can think of this thread when it starts to hit you Ratface. Take care.
ycbm. I agree - it's certainly kept me from self-harm. The experience of having a close, unseen and unknown-in-real- life, band of Guardian Angels silently circling me. I've read and re-read the whole thread, and the kind pm's dozens of times. You've been life-savers and I'm so grateful.

Boulty

Visit site
So sorry to hear that he’s gone. He sounded like a huge character.

Take your time to grieve in your own way and try not to feel pressured by well meaning friends. It took me several months to decide if I wanted to become slave to another cat after the sudden & unexpected loss of the three legged terror (also sadly to cancer) and then several more to end up with the horrid one who demanded I save him cos nobody else was going to (He’s asleep on my making my legs go dead as I type). If / when you are ready the right cat will appear. xxx

Maxidoodle

Visit site
Oh no, this is just the saddest news. I’m so sorry RF, he was a true star and landed on his paws when he found you. You’re a wonderful person for taking him in and giving him such love and devotion. I hope you are doing ok. ❤️

Baywonder

Visit site
I have only just caught up with this thread - I am so sorry to read your update on Kevin @Ratface 😢

It is awful when we lose our beloved pets, no matter how big or small they were. Kevin was lucky to have found you, and the love you had for him just shone through every time you wrote about his shenanigans.

Please be kind to yourself and ignore the people who say "you can get another cat". Just do what feels right, and remember we are all here for you.

<<Hugs>>

easteregg

Visit site
So sorry to read this. Your post resonates with me as I lost my elderly cat to a stomach tumour only a few weeks ago. Despite a thorough examination, there was no indication of a tumour at the first vet visit but it was very obvious two weeks later so had grown rapidly. Although I have another three cats the house has felt very empty without him. Rest assured, another cat will find you when you are ready. You sound like a lovely cat owner.

Ratface

Visit site
Hi easteregg. I'm so sorry to read your sad news. How are your other cats taking the sudden loss of a member of their group?
How are you doing yourself? I cleared out every trace of Kevin's presence, but his spirit is still flumpfed heavily in his favourite cushion nest in the saloon.
Gentle hugs.

Jenko109

Visit site
I am sorry to hear about Kevin.

I am also sorry to hear about the less than adequate responses you have received from others in your real world. Unfortunately, all too many people seem to be absorbed in their own lives to care much about others.

Horse and Hound gets stick for members being quite outspoken and blunt, but it's also full of members who can truly empathise and understand, who offer amazing advice and who really will go above and beyond to help each other.

I hope the worst of the grief soon passes and you can focus on the wonderful times that you had with Kevin.

All the best x x

easteregg

Visit site
Hi easteregg. I'm so sorry to read your sad news. How are your other cats taking the sudden loss of a member of their group?
How are you doing yourself? I cleared out every trace of Kevin's presence, but his spirit is still flumpfed heavily in his favourite cushion nest in the saloon.
Gentle hugs.
The other cats were a bit quiet to begin with but they seem to have settled thanks. It just all takes time doesn't it? Losing animals never gets any easier no matter what age they are.

FinnishLapphund

There's no cow on the ice
Visit site
Thinking of you today @Ratface . I hope you soldier on, regardless whether you do it well or miserably, and that his spirit still being flumped heavily in his favourite cushion nest in the saloon, doesn't only make you cry, without that there's also times when you crysmile.
You know, where you cry because it hurts so much, but occasionally you remember some thing he did, which makes you smile, though you're still crying.

More {{{{{Hugs}}}}}

nagblagger

Visit site
Thinking of you RF.
People say when the time is right you will get another cat, this is wrong, Kevin Kat will be always with you in spirit and it is him that will choose/send the right one to you, he will make sure it is the most moody,, aloof cantankerous one around so you will continue to be a slave to cats.

Ratface

Visit site
Thinking of you today @Ratface . I hope you soldier on, regardless whether you do it well or miserably, and that his spirit still being flumped heavily in his favourite cushion nest in the saloon, doesn't only make you cry, without that there's also times when you crysmile.
You know, where you cry because it hurts so much, but occasionally you remember some thing he did, which makes you smile, though you're still crying.

More {{{{{Hugs}}}}}
You're right, Finnish Lapphund!
I just got up to make another mug of tea and noticed, on the cleaned, polished bunkside cabinet top, four Huge Furry Pawprints! I laughed, and thanked him for his appearance in Spirit. I reminded him that there were eternal fish/fowl/cloven-hooved creatures in Kat Heaven and that, since he had access to The Eternal Banquet Table at all times, he should go and review which morsel/whole creature he preferred to eat "Noooow!" and that he should brood over what he fancied at this particular moment. The Feet have not yet made a re-appearance.
However, Slave, as ever, awaits orders . . .

Ratface

Visit site
Thinking of you RF.
People say when the time is right you will get another cat, this is wrong, Kevin Kat will be always with you in spirit and it is him that will choose/send the right one to you, he will make sure it is the most moody,, aloof cantankerous one around so you will continue to be a slave to cats.
nagblagger - you weren't wrong!
See report below.

FinnishLapphund

Visit site
"See report below"

!! Below? Below where, on this thread? Pet-box? Oh this sounds so exciting! No need to reply to me @Ratface , just hurry up, and write the post, and post it somewhere.

Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but it sounds like King Kevin Kat have decided to, like the Godfather, send you an offer you couldn't refuse?

Last edited:

FinnishLapphund

Visit site
Maybe she meant above post, not below. Talking about his paw prints as he is still making his presence felt.??

*Sigh* So speaketh the voice of reason.

But if he can make paw prints appear, surely he might be able to send a new cat King/Queen Ratface's way. On the other paw, maybe he feels that it's still his throne, and he's not sharing it with anyone.

splashgirl45

Lurcher lover
Visit site
So sorry King Kevin has left you and sorry you’ve had no support from others. Maybe they aren’t animal people, everyone on here can feel how upset you are and empathise . Non animal people cannot understand that our animals are our families … look after yourself and try to eat and drink so you keep well …

Ratface

Visit site
*Sigh* So speaketh the voice of reason.

But if he can make paw prints appear, surely he might be able to send a new cat King/Queen Ratface's way. On the other paw, maybe he feels that it's still his throne, and he's not sharing it with anyone.
I think he'd be ensuring that the pots and pans would be levitating all round me if I had another fur person in His Domain within the next three months!

Ratface

Visit site
Ratface - Kevin drove you mad now you’re driving us mad - we need to kn
Ratface - Kevin drove you mad now you’re driving us mad - we need to know. By the way why are you called Ratface - should be Katface! I think we’d all love to meet you. 🐈‍⬛

ow. By the way why are you called Ratface - should be Katface! I think we’d all love to meet you. 🐈‍⬛
My imperious Arabian is a very similar character to me and the late King Kevin Kat. Initially pleasant and polite, whilst rapidly sussing you out. I've had a lifetime of practice, due to interfamilial abuse as a very young child. The Arabian and Kevin had the same experiences.
Horse comes up to people being charming and polite. If he gets a smidgeon of a feeling that people don't know what they're doing and/or don't care, he'll stretch out his long neck and bare his impressive set of long, yellow teeth, clapping them open and shut with remarkable speed! He never actually bites, just gives an indication of what he could do, if he so chose. He does it with me if I'm not quick enough with the initial gift of a carrot. He gets sent to the back of the box and ignored if he does. We then begin again and sweetness and light is restored. It's a bit of a greeting game between us. He doesn't do it with anyone else and never when being caught by me or his staff team.
It's the same as the late Kevin Kat's 0300hrs face-tapping routine: "I want Fooood, and I want it Nooow!" He used to flumpf off if I just ignored him and disappeared under the duvet. I usually did get up and check out if he had enough on the banqueting tablecloth to keep him going for a further three hours. Kevin always got what Kevin wanted!

Trouper

Visit site
This is not a section of the forum I look at regularly but somehow I did today and have read through all the sorrow you have been going through recently. There are no words really - just total empathy with all the emotions you are experiencing and sadness for all the pain.

I can usually face all of life's dramas with people realistically but losing a beloved little furry person reduces me to a hopeless, incapable mess for a while so I think you are managing very well. Smile kindly on those offering a "replacement" - they mean well - they just don't get it.

I have literally had to "force" myself not to take on another horse as I know that age is against me. But when it is one of the cats or dogs - then I usually last about 3 weeks before the space on the carpet gets too much to bear and I start thinking "maybe". You will know when/if that time comes for you.

Actually - Kevin is probably already up there - plotting...........................

Above the snowline

Visit site
My imperious Arabian is a very similar character to me and the late King Kevin Kat. Initially pleasant and polite, whilst rapidly sussing you out. I've had a lifetime of practice, due to interfamilial abuse as a very young child. The Arabian and Kevin had the same experiences.
Horse comes up to people being charming and polite. If he gets a smidgeon of a feeling that people don't know what they're doing and/or don't care, he'll stretch out his long neck and bare his impressive set of long, yellow teeth, clapping them open and shut with remarkable speed! He never actually bites, just gives an indication of what he could do, if he so chose. He does it with me if I'm not quick enough with the initial gift of a carrot. He gets sent to the back of the box and ignored if he does. We then begin again and sweetness and light is restored. It's a bit of a greeting game between us. He doesn't do it with anyone else and never when being caught by me or his staff team.
It's the same as the late Kevin Kat's 0300hrs face-tapping routine: "I want Fooood, and I want it Nooow!" He used to flumpf off if I just ignored him and disappeared under the duvet. I usually did get up and check out if he had enough on the banqueting tablecloth to keep him going for a further three hours. Kevin always got what Kevin wanted!
Life would be so dull without character and quirks