Knickers!

jroz

Visit site
No granny pants or thong for me. Hipsters that fit right & good elastic = no movement. IMO, when underwear rides up your arse it means it's either too big, or needs to be replaced! :p

dalesslave

Visit site
it always comes back to your pants
i prefer big ones upto the armpits although a previous instructor suggested thongs for competing if only to get me to use my seat abit more aggresively when in the ring;-) only thing is i cant forget fens breeches splitting at a vital moment

MrsHutt

Visit site
I also had some Primark specials - they are totally seamless and VERY stretchy. They give no VPL and are sooooo comfy! I guess they are about 5 or more years old. I don't know if they still do them (I have looked occasionally without success) - but if I spot them again, I will definitely stock up!!

I also have some of those proper 'riding pants' - they are fine (padded in the 'area') but not as comfy as the Primark ones!!

I don't think I quite fancy a thong, though :eek::eek:

Last edited:

charlimouse

Visit site
Another vote for the M&S no VPL. I get the short type ones, and normally in flesh colour incase I am wearing light coloured breeches ;)! I'm another one who could not imagine riding in a thong to be remotely comfortable. I just imagine the cheesewire effect :eek::eek:!

Bobbly

Visit site
Thongs? I can't for the life of me understand why people bother with them, like having a bit of baler twine up your a*se!! BHS knickers for me I'm afraid, M&S one's are the wrong shape for my bum, or maybe it's my bum that's the wrong shape, I certainly wasn't designed to ride a bike either!

PingPongPony

Visit site
Thongs? I can't for the life of me understand why people bother with them, like having a bit of baler twine up your a*se!! BHS knickers for me I'm afraid, M&S one's are the wrong shape for my bum, or maybe it's my bum that's the wrong shape, I certainly wasn't designed to ride a bike either!

Granny knickers for me too! :D I've tried a thong once, it was the right size, and i felt like that ^... never again.
I think it depends on the person so like poster above said, its trial and error :) during trial and error period use vaseline or baby oil to reduce the consequences of the error bit :)

Venevidivici

Visit site
Perhaps this divisive outcome is,as someone said,purely down to bottom conformation...without pictures,we'll never know... And no,much as singlefarmer may like it, I don't think this should become a picture thread..;D

Littlelegs

Visit site
Maybe it is bottom conformation. Mines of the scrawny non- existent type, there's nothing really there for a thong to get lost in. Although sorry to spoil your pervings, I mean ponderings about big burly lasses on horses singlefarmer.

Venevidivici

Visit site
Granny pants will,as an added bonus,keep you butt (big or small) just a teensy bit warmer in the current climactic conditions too.:) I would love a pair of down (as in goosedown etc)pants (nobody makes them!) as my butt is permanently frozen.. :(

VSB

Visit site
Sorry to resurrect a bit of an old thread, but I actually found this post while looking for something quite serious.

Vaseline and thongs? I can only think it would make them easier to get out again afterwards!

I know what I find really comfortable (ducks for cover for daring to suggest this...), but it's not so much "Granny" knickers, as more the opposite end...School knickers!

You know, the big, thick, soft, comfortable cotton ones you used to dread going-to-a-school-that-required-them ones? Well for all they are passion killers, they are real bum warmers and nice and soft.

I actually have a serious problem and so I have been searching for the ideal pants for riding for some time. If you are prone to chafing, I'm not surprised! Have you looked closely at the seams in most knickers? They are usually done by a serger, using polyester thread. Some seams can be big and thick and the polyester thread can make them as rough as a tooth rasp!

If you are any good with a sewing machine, I can explain how to make a seam (or even convert existing serged seams) to a very flat seam that you can barely tell is there, if anyone is interested?

Visit site
I go commando.....:eek:

My friend told me to try when I spent virtually all a ride complaining about a thong wedgy!!! It may sound odd but is way more comfortable.

Did cause a bit of embarrassment though when I had a fall, had groin strain and had to go to A&E!! Had to politely explain why I didn't want to take my jods off! :D

The wife

Visit site
Oh my days, thanking for giving me a fantastic chuckle guys. Never did I think I'd hear the words thongs, Vaseline and chaffing in the same sentence...

Primani shorts for me. The sister and I regularly have this conversation about pants, more her than me when she's wearing her 'evening pants' ie) the boyfriend is home knickers and retrieving them. :rolleyes:

snooples

Visit site
ugh thongs for riding NO thanks!
I wear granny knickers if im desperate but the best type by far are the comofortable french knickers style. Not lace ones of course but made from cotton or similar material, they are in the shape of french knickers, think they are called french knickers briefs, and have little frills around the end which kind of makes the transition from knickers to skin pretty seamless.
Trust me once you use these youl never go back!

Im so bad at explaining but something like this
http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Ladies-WOMAN...27?pt=UK_Women_s_Lingerie&hash=item5d3fc93a07

abracadabra

Visit site
Oh my life! Riding in thongs? They're the devil's work at the best of times. To my DH's dismay I got rid of all mine ages ago.

I couldn't get on with thongs for riding, tried it, but puts me in mind of the time I misguidedly wore my lovely lace bra on fast hack and had horrendous friction burn by the time I was on my way home :D

For riding I am very much a big knickers girl but looking at the suggestions for padded cycling pants with great interest!

BigYellowHorse

Visit site
Commando? ???????

But surely the seams in jodhpurs go places they shouldnt and the zips (depending on choice of 'hair styles') don't things get caught?

All to risqué for me... good old pair of granny pants from tescos cheapest version they come up huge... if I pull them right up nearly boob crease level :) they make me so happy lol