Knowing when to stop

jainque

Visit site
Honestly no idea. The sad truth is that speaking for myself and given my goals, in a way Andy gave me hope that I could get up the levels a bit since he's there and he's competing. Kind of a worst case scenario that gives us wanna be's some hope.

Before this I only knew of him as the rider that competes at GP, but I am not sure how. Once I started delving into his background, after the Spruce fiasco, I found a ton of confusion and some sketchy stuff. Someone mentioned he was called out for blood letting a few years ago. I have no idea what that's about. I didn't know he got his groom pregnant while married, or that indeed another girl suggested the she too was impregnated by him but had an abortion. It's the A circuit and honestly around here the stuff from "Riders" would be tame and welcome compared to some of the modern day true stories. I have no clue what's real except that his videos are often hard to watch.

Em
Don't be offended but it isn't about the man and all the gossips about him, i don't care about what he does to girl or not, it's only rubbish, you are mixing everything together..... People do what they want in their private life but it is about the horse only. He is a idiot, not a horseman, that's all. Hope that the FEI do someting about it.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
JD: What have you learned from this experience?

AK: That the sport is not the same as it was. More tv, social media, live feeds. People watch that are not familiar with the horses and riders. There is an added aspect of people watching that may not be familiar with what we do.

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Yeah that's definitely the problem here.

ihatework

Visit site
🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄
Yeah that's definitely the problem here.

😂😂😂
What an absolute twonk.
Although anyone that calls a horse production yard EyeCandy beggers belief.

If the FEI can’t get him on anything, which I suspect they can’t then I hope safesport does a good investigation.

Snowfilly

Visit site
It's not clear round. It's unaffiliated competitive SJ up to 100cm classes - full up courses with 12-14 jumping efforts at speed. I don't think encouraging kids to enter more rounds than they would otherwise choose to enter is responsible at all.

Urgh, not good...I suppose they could let you use the free tickets at the next show, or on the same day with a different horse but 4 classes on the same one with the potential for jump offs and long tracks isn't fair.

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Don't be offended but it isn't about the man and all the gossips about him, i don't care about what he does to girl or not, it's only rubbish, you are mixing everything together..... People do what they want in their private life but it is about the horse only. He is a idiot, not a horseman, that's all. Hope that the FEI do someting about it.

I would like to clarify the reason it came up was because of calls to have him banned and people suggested that might happen through the 'safe sport' route. And while I know what that is I didn't know what it alluded too. I agree that otherwise it isn't terribly relevant.

I'm guessing he missed out on the media training :p.

I don't think the number of faults was the issue, or that that should generate and elimination. I do think the judges and stewards should have been watching closely and pulled him up as they would do with an exhausted horse XC, especially after the bank. It was the way he was going and getting the faults rather than the faults on their own. Letting the round carry on was not putting horse welfare first.

I suspect at that level they are used to being able to leave it to riders to make good decisions for their horses both with class entries and retiring if necessary. I don't have any issue generally with horses doing multiple classes over a few days (eyecandy likes to keep mentioning 3DE, and the fact that the horse was going to have a holiday after, because of course the horse knows that) but if the horse they are riding is not dealing with that well someone needs to stand up and call a halt if the rider doesn't.

Last edited:

MotherOfChickens

MotherDucker
Visit site
I think they get paid for completing the round regardless of faults in that competition, unless that's a social media myth thats sprung up?

agreed that he's not the first rider to knock up a groom or have trouble keeping it zipped, although if a 14 yo was involved that does make it pretty serious while not being relevent here. but the Safesport thing is a big deal in the US right now in equestrian particularly given recent events.

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Yup, about $1300 iirc, which compared to 500k, is well pittance.
the Jay Duke interview BunnyDog linked to suggested there was no longer an incentive paid for completing the course, but don't know if that's the case or not.

BunnyDog

Visit site
Anyone else notice the box to the right of the Derby description in the Spruce prize List??

Attached file is just that 1 page

Em

Attachments

• 2019 Spruce Meadows Prizelist - North American web.pdf
    246.5 KB · Views: 42