Lack of horses to Buy!!! 15.2-16.1hh

ttt

Visit site
5 year old (15.2hh) Warmblood any-one?
Priced to sell due to current climate and time of year.

picture.php

esselle

Visit site
Well we've been trying to loan out (with a view to buy) our rising 8 year old who has no mileage on the clock, except in youngstock classes where he did exceptionally well. Since my accident (traffic accident), he's spent the past 4 years in and out of work with various people who we managed to get to come along and ride him. He has sj lessons as a 4 year old and showed great talent, has done pre-lim dressage with a 12 year old girl on his back and could be a real champion in any discipline for a rider who knows how to bring a horse on (think of him as a very laid back 4 year old ready to start competing). He's had a year off but just before Christmas we put a 16 year old girl on him to see how he would behave and you would have thought he'd never been out of work. It would literally only take a few sessions to get him back on the bit and then you could compete. He's 16.1hh, M/W Riding Horse Type. (Won Sports Horse, Competition Horse type of classes). By a TB stallion, and out of a Catherston Humbug mare. Is our 3rd generation homebred, so the right home is essential as he was never intended to be sold on, but owners health is deteriorating and the horse is too talented to do nothing. Him, plus a 3 year old and 2 year old are just about to be advertised. Everyone we had come to ride him thought he was brilliant but they were friends who had their own horses and couldn't take another one on. So where do you suggest we advertise him - as I said, for loan first of all purely so we can make sure it's the right home for him.

Sounds really lovely!! :) pics?

chasingmytail

Visit site
For those of you searching in the South, there's Clip Clop Traders. They've got a few nice ones and at realistic prices. They have an excellent reputation. For those further north, there's Stubley Hollow in north east Derbyshire, a bit pricey but again, an excellent reputation.

esselle

Visit site
For those of you searching in the South, there's Clip Clop Traders. They've got a few nice ones and at realistic prices. They have an excellent reputation. For those further north, there's Stubley Hollow in north east Derbyshire, a bit pricey but again, an excellent reputation.

Oohh thats just reminded me that I e-mailed Stubley Hollow but they didnt reply, had forgotten until I just saw this! :)

WelshTilly

Visit site
I've had a good morning there, nice honest people, Good facilities, nice range horses too. Some needing conditioning (but it's winter)! but generally nice types. Tried lots and looks at lots of different types.

Fingers crossed, I have found one there.... Subject to vetting.

Good luck Shelley i am keeping my fingers crossed for you!! :)

mulledwhine

Visit site
Well we've been trying to loan out (with a view to buy) our rising 8 year old who has no mileage on the clock, except in youngstock classes where he did exceptionally well. Since my accident (traffic accident), he's spent the past 4 years in and out of work with various people who we managed to get to come along and ride him. He has sj lessons as a 4 year old and showed great talent, has done pre-lim dressage with a 12 year old girl on his back and could be a real champion in any discipline for a rider who knows how to bring a horse on (think of him as a very laid back 4 year old ready to start competing). He's had a year off but just before Christmas we put a 16 year old girl on him to see how he would behave and you would have thought he'd never been out of work. It would literally only take a few sessions to get him back on the bit and then you could compete. He's 16.1hh, M/W Riding Horse Type. (Won Sports Horse, Competition Horse type of classes). By a TB stallion, and out of a Catherston Humbug mare. Is our 3rd generation homebred, so the right home is essential as he was never intended to be sold on, but owners health is deteriorating and the horse is too talented to do nothing. Him, plus a 3 year old and 2 year old are just about to be advertised. Everyone we had come to ride him thought he was brilliant but they were friends who had their own horses and couldn't take another one on. So where do you suggest we advertise him - as I said, for loan first of all purely so we can make sure it's the right home for him.

I dont understand why he has had no intersst, he sounds lovley, having just lost my TB I m looking for another one, but would not want to jump in feet first, so a loan with a view, is just right for me, surely I cant be the only one who is like this?

mulledwhine

Visit site
gorgeous, ttt :)

Just lovely, you will have no problems there.

I feel such a poorper though, as having my horse for 15 years and loosing him so suddenyl, I had not kept a check on prices, I am shocked at the prices !!!!!

I am in a bit of a pickle, would loan ( infact, atm, prefer it) only think I now want a happy hacker, although the right horse could resuade me otherwise to polish off my comp clothes.

I have not got much cash, so when people say they have a small budget of £3000, I think that is quite a lot, does this now put me complelty out of the market for owning another friend?

WelshTilly

Visit site
I dont understand why he has had no intersst, he sounds lovley, having just lost my TB I m looking for another one, but would not want to jump in feet first, so a loan with a view, is just right for me, surely I cant be the only one who is like this?

Ditto this im finding loan with view to buy's few and far between in the South West most LWVTB that ive been told about have been via word of mouth or you have to specifically make a point of asking the seller whether this could be accomodated ive found it 50/50 as to whether the seller would agree to this, in my mind it obviously shows they care about a horse / owner match....

gadetra

Visit site
The title of this thread made me laugh. There is NO shortage of horses this side of the pond! Only a 20 min flight away...!!!! (she says, with one eye on donedeal, the other on HHO and my mind on the ones outside i have to sell!)

ttt

Visit site
Ditto this im finding loan with view to buy's few and far between in the South West most LWVTB that ive been told about have been via word of mouth or you have to specifically make a point of asking the seller whether this could be accomodated ive found it 50/50 as to whether the seller would agree to this, in my mind it obviously shows they care about a horse / owner match....

I care very much about my horses and ponies, we go without to ensure they get the best we can give. However, you hear so many bad stories with regards to loaning, it has frightened me off. I know it doesn't matter whether the animal is worth £10 or £10,000, they all deserve the best but unfortunately, money does come into the equation as well and allowing an expensive pony/horse go on trial is even more of a worry. I offer people to come and try/ride as many times as they wish and have talked people out of coming if I think they will not be suitable for one of our ponies. Keep looking, something really special will come along for you but please don't think sellers don't care about their animal just because they won't let them go out on trial. I hope this comes across as nicely as it is supposed to. :)

WelshTilly

Visit site
I care very much about my horses and ponies, we go without to ensure they get the best we can give. However, you hear so many bad stories with regards to loaning, it has frightened me off. I know it doesn't matter whether the animal is worth £10 or £10,000, they all deserve the best but unfortunately, money does come into the equation as well and allowing an expensive pony/horse go on trial is even more of a worry. I offer people to come and try/ride as many times as they wish and have talked people out of coming if I think they will not be suitable for one of our ponies. Keep looking, something really special will come along for you but please don't think sellers don't care about their animal just because they won't let them go out on trial. I hope this comes across as nicely as it is supposed to. :)

I completely understand and can see it from both sides of the fence, glad i dont mnd either way so long as the horse is right for me and me for the horse!! :)

ttt

Visit site
I completely understand and can see it from both sides of the fence, glad i dont mnd either way so long as the horse is right for me and me for the horse!! :)

It is not easy. I have had two daughters ride through from 12hhs to current horses so between the two of them I was buying a pony every year for the last 10 years. Some were fantastic, some were not. Some sellers were very truthful, some were not! Hope you get a good one. (Seller that is!)
I can deal with certain things but only if the seller tells me about them!

mulledwhine

Visit site

Iunderstand that completly, which is why I am not too surprised of my difficulty.

I loaned my boy for 2 years ( those of you who may recognise the thread .. Skinney boy, will understand my misgivings)

Which saddens me to the fact that people like me who would cherish a loan horse more ( if that is possible) are loosing out to idiots that clearly think of a loan horse as a free for all horse.

ttt

Visit site
I feel such a poorper though, as having my horse for 15 years and loosing him so suddenyl, I had not kept a check on prices, I am shocked at the prices !!!!!

I am in a bit of a pickle, would loan ( infact, atm, prefer it) only think I now want a happy hacker, although the right horse could resuade me otherwise to polish off my comp clothes.

I have not got much cash, so when people say they have a small budget of £3000, I think that is quite a lot, does this now put me complelty out of the market for owning another friend?[/QUOTE]

I don't think it does. We do not have a lot of money and we do not spend a lot to buy our ponies/horses (with the exception of one). I usually buy youngsters and the girls have produced them themselves. Except the one, everything else has been aged 5 or less. I paid £2000 for a young 4 year old 14,2 who went on to win best PC pony at Camp the following year and the phone was ringing off the hook when I advertised him the year after yet the breeder couldn't sell him because no-one wanted him as a 4 year old.

Penniless

Visit site
For those of you who asked to see photos of my boy - hope this works. There is a photo of him out in the paddock in August last year, plus a clip of video which shows him being ridden for the first time in over a year. The girl riding him is the girl who used to ride him four years ago when she was 12 years old.

Taken16810.jpg

littleme

Visit site
Also don't know if this would suit, a friend needs to sell her chesnut 5yo mare, shes jumping BN/disco BSJA and schooling over 1.25 easily at home, started lateral work/flying changes etc. really easy to do straightforward snaffle mouth. Shes been XC and jumps everything (water etc. no prob) and been cubbing. She's got no vices, good to hack alone and in company, clip, box, shoe etc. I've seen her out and about and she's a lovely mare. Shes in buckinghamshire and looking for £6750 I can pass you her advert with number if anyone interested!

KVH

Visit site
I'm sorted!!!!! Thanks to Emerald Equine. My new horse had it 5 Stage vetting done today and passed with flying colours!

Yippy.

Pick her up on Saturday :)

Ohh congrats, I'm still looking :(
Thanks for the ads Competition Diva put up, they weren't available or from unmentionable dealers unfortunately :(

littleme

Visit site
Maybe have a look here, http://eliteirishhorses.com/stock.php, they are based in next to Boomerang in Berkshire.

I've not bought from them but a few friends have, and have tried quite a few horses with the bloke there, he's a nice guy and honest. They had a stunning 15hh chesnut on there a few weeks ago which I was swooning over!

Chestnutmare

Visit site
I haven't read all the replies but I am in the market for a loan horse atm but I am struggling to find anything suitable for me, I would love to be able to go out and buy one my goodness I have seen some 'perfect' horses along my search's but I dont have the money to go out and buy one...

Weather a horse I have is on loan or my own it is treated with the upmost care and attention and I go without if my horse needed something.

I have noticed that alot of owners will not loan out due to 'bad' experiences which I understand but it also spoils it for us 'genuine' people out there looking and can give a horse a truely fantastic home and life.

I am hoping to be able to loan with view to buy should all parties agree, if not I shall still be happy to loan no matter.

Hoping to see pics too of your new horse....it's law lol

Congratulations x

miskettie

Visit site
I am also searching for a horse at the moment too. I found the perfect horse but it failed its vetting and then found another and I can't get hold of the lady selling it, so probably giving up on that one.

So if anyone has a 15hh - 16hh, 6 - 11 year old allrounder in the south east for under £4000 let me know...I am starting to feel like I am vegitating from lack of riding.

galaxy

Visit site
I am also searching for a horse at the moment too. I found the perfect horse but it failed its vetting and then found another and I can't get hold of the lady selling it, so probably giving up on that one.

So if anyone has a 15hh - 16hh, 6 - 11 year old allrounder in the south east for under £4000 let me know...I am starting to feel like I am vegitating from lack of riding.

http://www.clipcloptraders.co.uk/Herbie.html

http://www.clipcloptraders.co.uk/Hugo.html

http://www.clipcloptraders.co.uk/Cracker.html (bit heavier... depends what you're after)

http://www.clipcloptraders.co.uk/SmartiePants.html

http://www.clipcloptraders.co.uk/Worzel.html

lol! She has a fair few!! Highly recommend her. She's 100% upfront and tells you her horses exactly as they are. I bought my mare off her in Oct, was a such an easy purchase, the mare is exactly as described and a total jem!

miskettie

Visit site
http://www.clipcloptraders.co.uk/Herbie.html

http://www.clipcloptraders.co.uk/Hugo.html

http://www.clipcloptraders.co.uk/Cracker.html (bit heavier... depends what you're after)

http://www.clipcloptraders.co.uk/SmartiePants.html

http://www.clipcloptraders.co.uk/Worzel.html

lol! She has a fair few!! Highly recommend her. She's 100% upfront and tells you her horses exactly as they are. I bought my mare off her in Oct, was a such an easy purchase, the mare is exactly as described and a total jem!

Yes, i've only heard good things about clip clop...I am just slightly hesitant about going to a dealer. Also most of the horses listed above it says jumps small fences...really I want something that has done a bit of jumping and can do 2ft9+.

DollyCoblet

Visit site
I had for sale a cracking 16.2hh Trakehner x TB mare now rising 6, lovely mover, schooling rough but coming on, good to hack, jumped a 95cm SJ course no problems, very attractive to look at with excellent bloodlines and conformation.
I reduced her price down to as low as 2.5k towards the end of last year, but then decided to remove her from sale as had zilch people contact about her or a couple of phone timewasters. Will re-advertise in the spring and hopefully get a sale, am in the devon cornwall area, there just doesnt seem to be the market for sport horses down here!
Is there a market for 16.2hh's, or shall I try chopping her off at the knee's, may work :confused:;)