Laura Collett Tweseldown today

Fanatical

Visit site
Going off a few posts on Twitter it's sounding like Laura has had a bad fall today.

Does anyone know what happened or know how she is?

Really hope it's not as bad as it sounds.

Fanatical

Visit site
The latest from Laura's groom on Twitter:

'We know nothing other than she was stable going to hospital!'

'Praying for you @colletteventing'

BeckyC

Visit site
all i know was that it was at fence 18 i think, a corner. dont know exactly what happened but there was a massive hold on course. hope everything is alright!

Supertrooper

Visit site
It says on Flick Roberts Twitter account that she's been stabilised and moved to intensive care. Really hope she's ok xx

glamourpuss

Visit site
According to twitter. She suffered a rotational at a corner, she was unconscious & unable to breathe. It sounds like she had to have an emergency tracheostomy :(
However it is also reported that she is now stable & in ITU.

amage

Visit site
Awful news I bloody hate summer ground...its too severe on horses and jockeys. Hope she is better soon

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
I think tweets can be taken with a slight pinch of salt if not a direct contact of Laura or witness to the accident. Speculation is dangerous especially when second hand information which some of the main tweets seem to be.

There is no doubt Laura is in a serious condition and my thoughts are with her and her connections and I can only wish her a very speedy recovery.

CaleruxShearer

Visit site
I think tweets can be taken with a slight pinch of salt if not a direct contact of Laura or witness to the accident. Speculation is dangerous especially when second hand information which some of the main tweets seem to be.

There is no doubt Laura is in a serious condition and my thoughts are with her and her connections and I can only wish her a very speedy recovery.

I completely agree. Also seems slightly tasteless to be tweeting/speculating about the ins and outs of it when she is obviously quite unwell and her head girl hasn't said anything more other than it was a bad fall. Sincerely hope she makes a quick recovery and her connections are managing ok.

now_loves_mares

Visit site
Huge vibes for her. Hope it is not as serious as it sounds. Had to deal with a semi-conscious faller in the N at Hopetoun last weekend and that was horrible enough. Fingers crossed for a swift and complete recovery.

willtowin

Visit site
We were at Tweseldown this morning, blimey was that corner upright. We left before her fall but heard there was a massive hold.
Poor Laura, thoughts, love and prayers all with her. She's such a determined character that hopefully she'll bounce back in lightning speed.
Really hits home how dangerous the sport is, doesn't it?

MandyMoo

Visit site
from Laura's own twitter account ''Following Laura's bad fall today Laura is now in ITU in hospital. She has been stabilised and we will know more over the next 24 hours....''

hopefully she makes a full recovery - fingers crossed for her. sounds like it was a horrendous fall :(