Lemieux matchy craze?!

tda

Visit site
It does look nice to match but I can't bear to spend/afford the cost ? I've always had natives so only brown numnah for me.
My ponies don't need bandages, or ear covers they have natural cover already ?
I do have 3 saddle cloths that my friend got out of the bin at her livery yard - I know I'm a scruffy cow ??

SWE

Visit site
Oh wow I haven't logged back on for a while, I have really started something ? proves how popular matchy is though!!

I promise I really don't have a problem with it, like others have said, it doesn't harm anyone. I was just shocked to see how popular it was, especially the 2nd hand market!

And I stand by my first statement of "also a little bit (big bit) jealous that people still have disposable cash for matchy after paying for the rest of their horses requirements ?

To answer the 'what does it matter if they are happy hackers' question... sorry sweeping statement on my part, not intentional. I just saw a pic of the SCRUFFIEST horse/rider with bright pink matching ears, saddle pad and bandages off out for a hack and just thought, really... looked like a real case of 'all the gear no idea' and the pink really wasn't to my taste ?

Equi

Visit site
I personally would not buy any of the le stuff new cause im cheap. I have a dressage pad i got cheap second hand, but i saw white/green on my dressage saddle today and thought hmm maybe ill clean that tomorrow. The GP ones don't ever fit my saddle (they would need an extra full size for me) so no point. I don't use leg wraps or ear covers...and don't see any point in them for normal riding. If people have expendable money for these things thats great, spend your money however you want to.

ILuvCowparsely

Visit site
Oh my dear lord, I can't get over some of the lemieux matchy collections people have nowadays! Is this a recent craze? And is it mainly a lemuix thing? I keep seeing posts on social media showing literally like 50 pads/ears/sets for people who have 1 happy hacker, this is nuts ???

I am totally just jealous that these people have any disposable income after paying for their horses to live, but I just can't get my head around it!
It is ridiculous, I would not fall into this world of beyond belief. Some people have more money than sense imo, yes get a decent match for competitions, x country dressage etc but this!!!. I only have bandages for injury or box rest only

blitznbobs

Visit site
It is ridiculous, I would not fall into this world of beyond belief. Some people have more money than sense imo, yes get a decent match for competitions, x country dressage etc but this!!!. I only have bandages for injury or box rest only
One person’s ridiculous is another person’s bit of fun, if your not hurting anyone then there’s no harm done...

LegOn

Visit site

Life without joy is very boring life indeed - I feel sorry for anyone that can raise a smile buying something they like the look of & has spent their own hard earned money on!

Keep your sense so - I'll take a life enjoyed :D

vam

Visit site
On a slightly more serious note, I buy the ones I do as they fit my saddle. I get the Eskadron SR (jump) cut which in my opinion are much better quality than LeM and cheaper (after Britexit maybe not but fingers crossed) because of the cut I order them from Europe a lot as hard to get over here. I do use ears, she doesn't like flies or rain so that covers 11.5 months of the year.
I sell on the ones I don't fancy anymore but ironically the ones I'm currently trying to sell no one wants, possibly because I'm asking more than £5 for a set.

I'm not hurting my horse, I'm not hurting anyone else. I do me, you do you. It would be very boring if we all like the same thing.
Oh and on a normal day I look like I've just gone swimming in a muddy field followed by a jog through the hay barn....

Muddywellies

Visit site
I’m intrigued to know what make they were at that price! I wonder what they are made of!! ?
That was why I put on my post as I wondered the same thing. I think it just comes down to the little badge on it. Admittedly some of the lower end ones can be made of lower quality materials and be a poorer design, but I think there's little difference in the mid range £50 ones and the high end £275 ones, other than the brand logo on it.

Hallo2012

Visit site
if you wanna do it...do and if you dont.....dont....easy

i personally always match or tone but it takes no more time to pop on a matching pad and bandages or boots than none matching and then i have a selection of navy grey and black jackets to tone as agree its silly to be cold just to match!

i dont do ears as the midget can shake his bridle off with them on (awkward when cantering!) and i dont do coloured or fluffy over reach boots now as they just get trashed and i dont do coloured quarter sheets.........so im 75% matchy and 25% toning lol

Otherwise

Visit site
Le mieux didn't start the matchy craze and it's definitely not a new thing either, I don't know if anky started it but I remember admiring the anky sets at least ten years ago now.

HufflyPuffly

Visit site
Swishes in, *gives the hard stare to the naysayers*

95700495_1301688230017034_2507615603502612480_n.jpg

120333058_1420630051456184_6916694605831651553_n.jpg

That's better :cool:

oldie48

Visit site
I just find it very sad that something as harmless as "matchy matchy" can make some people so churlish, mean spirited and judgemental. Life is pretty rubbish for so many people ATM surely we need more to smile about. So please do enjoy this picture of Rose in Fuchsia, I have a matching polo shirt and a matching face within about 15 minutes of riding. My favourite trainer teases me mercilessly about this particular combo so I always try to wear it when I see her. Her first comment when she saw it was that if I was going t wear such hideous bandages she'd better show me how to do them properly. Pic is nearly two years old as my daughter bought me the set for Christmas 2018. Oh and I bought a rose opal brow band too, it is just lush!z6ShW83UaVjxWih2uCqqywIOWAMUY39wZEcABhK05W81KYpeT3QsAhboSOra-YxnksZf6NJFiDBljolq3d9GQOhz6B4R2b...jpg

KEK

Visit site
I just find it very sad that something as harmless as "matchy matchy" can make some people so churlish, mean spirited and judgemental. Life is pretty rubbish for so many people ATM surely we need more to smile about. So please do enjoy this picture of Rose in Fuchsia, I have a matching polo shirt and a matching face within about 15 minutes of riding. My favourite trainer teases me mercilessly about this particular combo so I always try to wear it when I see her. Her first comment when she saw it was that if I was going t wear such hideous bandages she'd better show me how to do them properly. Pic is nearly two years old as my daughter bought me the set for Christmas 2018. Oh and I bought a rose opal brow band too, it is just lush!View attachment 62829
She looks gorgeous in her matchy, as do HPs ponies! I love to look at well done matchy and definitely have some sets ear-marked for my bday list.

CanteringCarrot

Visit site
Not going to lie, if I had a mare I would definitely have a nice pink pad or two. I have dressed my gelding in Black Currant and Blueberry pads from LeMieux ?

My go to is a black one though. Or sometimes gray. He's a light bay, and I have mostly gray and black breeches as well as black or darker colored tops, so it is an easy decent look to pull off with black tack and black brushing boots.

Annagain

Visit site
There are times when it gets a it out of hand though. I've told this story before so apologies to anyone who's reading it again! I organised a dressage clinic and the lessons were in groups of two. When I published the times, one of the participants contacted me to ask for the number of the person in her lesson as she didn't know her but needed to co-ordinate outfits with her. She didn't "really" (i.e. she did) mind them no wearing the same colour but was very worried they'd be clashing. She got quite upset when I told her I couldn't pass details on.

I'm very matchy matchy - other than hi-viz and one white saddlecloth, every item of horsey wear is brown.

LegOn

Visit site
There are times when it gets a it out of hand though. I've told this story before so apologies to anyone who's reading it again! I organised a dressage clinic and the lessons were in groups of two. When I published the times, one of the participants contacted me to ask for the number of the person in her lesson as she didn't know her but needed to co-ordinate outfits with her. She didn't "really" (i.e. she did) mind them no wearing the same colour but was very worried they'd be clashing. She got quite upset when I told her I couldn't pass details on.

I'm very matchy matchy - other than hi-viz and one white saddlecloth, every item of horsey wear is brown.

Yeah there are bigger problems there than matchy matchy ??

Pippity

Visit site
I started bothering about matchy-matchy when Blue started having to wear overreach boots. As you can tell, I've spent a vast fortune on it:

Rhinegold saddlepad for £12
Shires overreach boots for £6 (reduced to clear because an unpopular colour)
Rhinegold ear bonnet for £8 (only worn if the midgies are bad when hacking)

I think it looks smart. Feel free to disagree but, to quote a friend, there's no need to p*ss in someone's Cheerios about it.

1610063973482.png

BBP

Visit site
After years of pro grooming I always liked the classics of black or white. But I was told by my photographer partner and photographer partner that my tendency towards the classics of black and white made for really dull photos if you have a black horse. The black made us disappear and the white confused the camera as it would over/underexposed the horse or gear. So I gave in and went to the dark side, or rather the vivid colour side. And I like it. F59B39DE-352E-4002-835A-61C7EA72129A.jpegC258AAB3-002D-4B28-8740-8B84DD4C913C.jpegF23781A6-D50F-4BA2-9DD1-540DFC00D68B.jpeg

DabDab

Ah mud, splendid
Visit site
I started bothering about matchy-matchy when Blue started having to wear overreach boots. As you can tell, I've spent a vast fortune on it:

Rhinegold saddlepad for £12
Shires overreach boots for £6 (reduced to clear because an unpopular colour)
Rhinegold ear bonnet for £8 (only worn if the midgies are bad when hacking)

I think it looks smart. Feel free to disagree but, to quote a friend, there's no need to p*ss in someone's Cheerios about it.

View attachment 62875

Blue looks great in orange ?. Random question, but what saddle is that that you have on her?

Pinkvboots

Visit site
I have a theme to everything I buy colour wise - "Exmoor Brown" ;)

This is me as well my horses are brown and so is most of there stuff all my saddle pads are Nuumed brown sheep there tack is brown, the most colourful thing they have is matching Newmarket stripe exercise rugs, they do have bling browbands as well but that's about my limit.

Julie Ole Girl

Visit site
I never give it a thought as I hunt sometimes and everything has to be dull in colour and no ear bonnets!. I am more concerned about the quality of saddle pad to wick away sweat.