Lemieux mesh air numnahs

ester

Not slacking multitasking
Visit site
Has anyone got one of these yet? I use an ecogold one that I got last year in the summer and wondered how these compared as they seem to be based on a similar thinking.

DirectorFury

Visit site
My finger has been hovering over the 'buy' button on one of these for nearly a week now! The only thing putting me off is that I'm not sure if it'll be too thick for my saddle.

DirectorFury

Visit site
Have you got a link or a picture of the numnah please ? ��

http://www.horsehealth.co.uk/saddle-pads/prosport-cc-jump-pads/3d-mesh-air

07c474f4530b56796d7e8b7c8d630dcc.image.450x450.jpg

jj_87

Visit site
I have 4 of these... 2 dressage and 2 jump. I love them! Best saddlecloths I own!

ooh how do they come up thickness wise, having now seen them I now NEEEED one! the decision is do ineed a jumping cut or a dressage for my GP saddle and whilst I am at it do i need another half pad?

gunnergundog

Visit site
Have been trying to find one of these locally so that I can get my hands on it! Can anyone who has one tell me if the thickness under the saddle is akin to that of a prolite pad please?

skint1

Visit site
I have 4 of these... 2 dressage and 2 jump. I love them! Best saddlecloths I own!

Noooooooooooooooooooooo, I don't need anymore saddlecloths, no no no... maybe I will just have a little look.... looking isn't buying is it? ;)

DirectorFury

Visit site
Have been trying to find one of these locally so that I can get my hands on it! Can anyone who has one tell me if the thickness under the saddle is akin to that of a prolite pad please?

I asked this question on the Twitter Evening facebook group *outs self* and a very helpful person said that the foam in it is much less stiff and thinner than a Prolite. I think it will be a 'crushier' type of foam so will compress more readily.

I've just ordered one :p. Debating about one of the Eurojump ones too...

I.M.N.

Visit site
I think we need to implement a ban on discussing any Lemieux products on this forum as they're hard enough to resist as it is!

DirectorFury

Visit site
OK, so I ordered one at 1:30pm on Wednesday and it arrived by 8am on Thursday; brilliant service from Horse Health as usual :). My thoughts:
Short version: these are amazing and you should buy one immediately.
Long version: the bamboo lining is exceptionally soft and I imagine would suit horses who are rubbed by stiffer saddlecloths or who can only tolerate sheepskin.
The foam in them is very cushy and compresses down to nothing so no concerns about it altering saddle fit.
The new girth lock loops with separate loops for each strap are brilliant.
We had a 1.5hr grid work session (hard work!) and I took it off and the whole saddlecloth area was bone dry and cool to touch - normally the suede type saddlecloths would be damp, if not properly wet. No slipping at all.
One of my main concerns was that the new 'EuroJump' cut wouldn't be forward cut enough for my jump saddle (custom made with flap 2 inches further forward than standard) as sometimes the Le Mieux cc cut doesn't fit quite right. I think the photos speak for themselves - it fits perfectly.
I'm off to order another 2 - one white and one black - for day to day use over the summer. I really can't rave about these enough! Big ��.

12985404_10154129544591882_672380409806532817_n.jpg

Newlands

Visit site
Thanks for the review DirectorFury! It looks great on and I love your saddle too! My finger has been hovering all week....also if you want the half square, it's priced up as £47.50 but once you add it to your basket it's £45!!!

LeannePip

Visit site
DF I love your saddle! who made it?

I also love the Numnah, may have to go and have a peruse! I have the PE Airflow looks like the ecogold one, but shes still getting hot under it and its quite thick!

ester

Visit site
Thanks DF! Mine is a sensitive chap so the lining situ is interesting. Is that shape more forward cut than the half?
Mines a VSD and moving the girth straps forwards made the ecogold fit ok
13012847_10156955164800438_7711258696633357141_n.jpg

DirectorFury

Visit site
DF I love your saddle! who made it?

Thank you :eek:. Saddle is made by Ryder Saddles - it's the Virage model (http://rydersaddles.com/our-saddles). It fits me and the horse perfectly and it's surprising how much difference it has made :).

Thanks DF! Mine is a sensitive chap so the lining situ is interesting. Is that shape more forward cut than the half?
Mines a VSD and moving the girth straps forwards made the ecogold fit ok
13012847_10156955164800438_7711258696633357141_n.jpg

They're all 'Eurojump' cut so the half will have just had the tail end chopped off. With such a straight cut saddle how about the dressage version they're also doing? http://www.horsehealth.co.uk/saddle...sh-air?zenid=96f9c685425581b62d785669adc512c9

Not much good if you want a half square style though!

ester

Visit site
Yeah, I don't really see the point of having a whole cloth when the entire point is to keep him cool! That is the XC shape ecogold so I might have to try it and see obviously us lowly GPers wouldn't want anything technical ;) :D

DirectorFury

Visit site
Yeah, I don't really see the point of having a whole cloth when the entire point is to keep him cool! That is the XC shape ecogold so I might have to try it and see obviously us lowly GPers wouldn't want anything technical ;) :D

I've noticed that Horse Health/Le Mieux are phasing out the GP stuff and going for pure dressage or jump cut. I guess they might not be selling as many? Still annoying for you though!

Could you PM me a rough price/range for your saddle? I love it! exactly what i'm looking for!

I'll message you now, I hope you're sitting down! :D

PorkChop

Visit site
B'Jesus :eek: make it stop :D

I've not long bought two of the Workpads - which are fab!

I am trying extremely hard not to google the mesh pads .............. aaaarrrrggghhhh

DirectorFury

Visit site
B'Jesus :eek: make it stop :D

I've not long bought two of the Workpads - which are fab!

I am trying extremely hard not to google the mesh pads .............. aaaarrrrggghhhh

Le Mieux stuff is so good though!

(psst; you don't need to google - link is upthread ;) )

teapot

Visit site
Get one, you can let me know what you think/put it on a normal saddle then ;)

I do like the look of the half pad one but his current le mieux isn't exactly generous fit wise and it's a whole square. Don't tempt me though, the navy would suit him!