Leo flipped and smashed a carriage to pieces tonight

mystiandsunny

Visit site
letting go gives you the opportunity to give something else a good settled home, a loss for you but what could be a life changing gain for them.

Completely agree. New horses can be incredibly healing too.

We have just added a new horse to our herd, who were sad and lonely without a friend who had been part of their lives for over a decade. The new horse has brought joy and happiness to the horses, and to ourselves. He does not replace the one who is missing, but gives much needed distraction. We all have something positive to focus on now, and he has a home for life. One day it will be he who misses a much loved, long-standing friend - and a new horse will come and remind him what it is to be alive.

Leo Walker

Visit site
Just to wrap this thread up today is the day I pick the new girl up. Its also the day I found the perfect home for Leo. Living out on 20 acres with a little herd of cobs. The field is bordered by a solid hedge and trees on all sides so he just cant get out even if he wanted to.

He will do occasional pony rides for a 10yr old which is something hes done for me. He seems to quite like it as nothing is really asked of a him and he will be fussed and brushed by her which he will love. Im still retaining ownership so I know hes always safe but im hoping he has a long and happy retirement there.

Surbie

Visit site
Congratulations, that sounds idyllic for Leo and peace of mind for you that he will have a happy retirement.

I hope he settles quickly in to the herd and enjoys a lovely autumn - and the same for you - hope the new one settles and you have some fun with her before winter really sets in and the days are so short!

Keep us posted.

Spottyappy

Visit site
So,pleased to hear Leo has the opportunity to retire. Hope he does enjoy it, guess time will tell, but it sounds fabulous.
Have lots of fun with the new girl.

SEL

Visit site
Just to wrap this thread up today is the day I pick the new girl up. Its also the day I found the perfect home for Leo. Living out on 20 acres with a little herd of cobs. The field is bordered by a solid hedge and trees on all sides so he just cant get out even if he wanted to.

He will do occasional pony rides for a 10yr old which is something hes done for me. He seems to quite like it as nothing is really asked of a him and he will be fussed and brushed by her which he will love. Im still retaining ownership so I know hes always safe but im hoping he has a long and happy retirement there.

Fantastic. I'm so happy to see this post. I really hope that will lead to 2 happy ponies, 1 relieved adult and a small girl who now has a unicorn to play with ;);) I hope Leo likes pink :D