let's see the horses that YOU own!!LONG introduction sorry i waffle!

junglediva

Visit site
im quite bored at the moment so im going to make a post so we can all show each other OUR horses. sometimes you just sit down and think.. god.. i own my OWN horse. not loan,not ride for someone else,not break but OWN a horse. up untill the start of the year i had only ever ridden my parents and my grandparents horses. as we own a stud there has always been alot of horses to ride but they were always someone elses horses or horses that had been given or lent to me to ride where it be from my family or their friends. so i know this is a total pointless post and your probably thinking ''what is this girl on?' lol... but i just wanted an excuse to post MY horses. ive only got 2 so i wont be long
smirk.gif
grin.gif

ok to start.. when i turned 16 in 2008 i was given 350 pounds to do what i wished. and ofcourse what did i ask for? you got it, a horse of my own! now i knew that 350 wasnt alot these days so i knew i was only going to be able to get a2yr old or at the most a 3yrold. i wasnt worried about the halter brakeing or the actual beaking because ive had plenty of experience, **trust me with an old fashioned grandfather i was taught quick** ever since i started riding i was thrown on a barely broken horse,bronced around the field and all the while my grandfather saying to the horses owner, dont worry we'll have him sorted. whilst at the same time shouting at me DONT YOU FALL OFF, DONT YOU DARE FALL OFF lol so i learnt pretty quick
wink.gif

ohh god ive waffled on too much.. anyways here is what i got with my 350 pound.(horse on left)
fox038.jpg

2yr old..about 14.2hh cob D x.. llundain principal AKA pal. bought him march 2009.(bought to break and sell on)
he was halter broken, and such a sweety pie. he has been out grazing all year and will be brought in next summer when he is 3.5 to be broken:)

and my second.. bought september 2009...2yrs old (bought to eventually be my 'riding horse' lol when he is 4
smile.gif
he is about 15hh now but i dont know what height he'll reach as his sire is 16.2hh and dam 15hh. (im 5ft7/8 ish so hope hel grow big enough)
007-3.jpg

021-2.jpg

love his colour.. not that i know what colour to call him lol
ok people so sorry for waffling on.. hope i havnt bored you to death if i have im terribly sorry lol xx
grin.gif
feel free to post away so i can see YOUR horses tehehe
grin.gif
(shuting up)

L

lilym

This is moses:
mosesjumping.jpg

maisie, bought off an allotment for a couple of hundred quid..
cimg0259-web.jpg

Lily,
CIMG0597-web.jpg

MrsMozart

Just passing through...
Visit site
Lovely, lovely horses
grin.gif

I have The Dizzy Blonde
cool.gif
. A five year old, 16.3hh, DWB.

IMG_1322.jpg

Daughter2 has Little Cob
grin.gif
. A 13.3hh, rising six year old, Trad cob.

DSCF0023-1.jpg

And we have Little Lad
smile.gif
. A 13hh, maybe fourteen (maybe one hundred and fourteen) year old, Welsh cross. Retired due to being a bit of a plank
smile.gif

DSCF0017-2.jpg

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
Oh what a lovely post, your horses are absolutely gorgeous. You know I have never really thought, wow, I own my own horse. Maybe because we have always had ponies so it just seems natural. But you are right, we really should appreciate what we have!

Here is mine:

Bodey, a 15’1hh coloured cob. Who is the absolute love of my life! We are quite similar in our personalities I think, so really suit each other. I like to think we have a lot of trust in each other as I backed him (with help) myself, 3 years ago now. We do a bit of everything, from Hunting, to Dressage to Show Jumping.
IMG_3770.jpg

IMG_3062.jpg

And Badger the Fjord (who is technically my Mum’s but as me and Gina do everything for him I consider him mine). A 14hh, 7 year old, cheeky monkey. But he is a wonderful ‘plod’ pony for my Mum, and I adore him for that.
IMG_3749.jpg

IMG_3972.jpg

L

lilym

[ QUOTE ]
lilym.. u like your chestnuts
smile.gif
tehe

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmmmmmmm!! I awlays wanted a dark bay with 4 whites and a blaze - No idea where the chestnut theme came from!
grin.gif

trendybraincell

Visit site
My story isn't quite the same as yours, but along similar lines.

I rode at riding schools since I was about 2 (mum started me early), from the age of about 9 I started helping out at weekends at the school I was having lessons. I had a break whilst I was doing my GCSEt really missed the riding so started lesson back up. Once I'd finished GSCEs I looked for something to loan, which I did for a year or so (my timeline could be a little off here).

At this point I realised I had to finally get my own, I couldn't ride other peoples horse anymore! So In my first year at university, after I'd bought all my reading material etc...I used what was left of my student loan to buy this:

DSCF0185-1.jpg

Looking back it was probably not the most sensible move...novice, first time owner buys 3yr old Welsh section D

But nearly 4yrs on we are still together & he has a home for live.

DSCF1027-1.jpg

quirky

Visit site
This is my current (just a) horse, she's 14.3HH and will be 5 in April. She came over from Romania at only weeks old and I have owned her since she was 3 and 1/2.
100_2984.jpg

Previous to her, I had this one, who was 16.2. He was PTS at 9 1/2 years, I owned him for 5 1/2 years.

DSCF0699.jpg

This boy I had for 15 years and he was PTS at 17 years. He was my once in a lifetime pony. Not much to look at but the heart of a lion and he turned his hoof to anything and everything.

Picture587.jpg

trendybraincell

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
tremdybaublecell - what a difference. He looks gorgeous!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Monkeybum13, I absolutely adore him...it still amazes me how much we've come on as a pair. Where abouts in Bristol are you? Thats where I am!!

JoBo

s11.photobucket.com
[ QUOTE ]
JOBO... it makes it feel EVEN better when you own your horse from a young age and break him yourself.. really highlights how much work you put into them.
laugh.gif
thats what i want to achieve with pal and ted :p

[/ QUOTE ]
My instructor at the time thought I was insane, but being the head strong person I am, was like ‘well if it all goes wrong I only have myself to blame’. Luckily it didn’t, saying that I have put in a lot of hard work and had many, many, many lessons.
The first day I got on Bodey, after having a whole bottle of rescue remedy!
Bodeybacked317.jpg

monkeybum13

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
tremdybaublecell - what a difference. He looks gorgeous!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Monkeybum13, I absolutely adore him...it still amazes me how much we've come on as a pair. Where abouts in Bristol are you? Thats where I am!!

[/ QUOTE ]

We had this conversation over PM, lol
grin.gif
grin.gif
You used to be near me and then moved
wink.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif

(I was rudolph_bum13, for a festive change)

jensheff26

Visit site
rosie bought from holmfirth sales but is fantastic not a bad bone in her body
DSC03345.jpg
prince when he first came to me at 4 months i thort he was a gonner when he collapsed in the field
DSC02438.jpg
this is him at 7 months months
DSC02850.jpg
lightening my daughters pony
DSC02584.jpg
and millie my daughters pony
DSC02275.jpg

lucy1984

Visit site
It's lovely to see pictures of everyones horses.

Marley, bought for £350 at 6 months old. Sold him for 11 months and bought him back again at £600 LOL
ooo.gif
(dont ask)
crazy.gif

10thDec09021.jpg

Izzy, bought for £500
grin.gif

4thaug09004.jpg

Kenellen, bought for £600
smile.gif

14thSept08006.jpg

Jeska

Visit site
Milo, 14.3 grey connemara gelding, blind in one eye, had him almost 5 years and hes my sole mate
laugh.gif

jhb4.jpg

xc22.jpg

Connor 14.2 dun connemara X, havent had him long but hes a little star

cnr1.jpg

7.jpg

trendybraincell

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
We had this conversation over PM, lol
grin.gif
grin.gif
You used to be near me and then moved
wink.gif
wink.gif
tongue.gif

(I was rudolph_bum13, for a festive change)

[/ QUOTE ]

haha...how slow am I
grin.gif
grin.gif

Gleeful Imp

Visit site
OP I know just what you mean - and its a wonderful feeling, despite times when you see the attractions of goldfish, there's nothing like looking at your own ned ....

Anyone know how to resize them as my pics are massive
shocked.gif

Introducing George (practising being dressage divas ha ha)
smirk.gif

PICT03411.jpg

Bit of bonding

091756.jpg

My Tom and Whisper - now retired and looking more like hippo x woolly mammoths. Tom's the cob and Whisp is the little grey princess!

102_0219.jpg