let's see the horses that YOU own!!LONG introduction sorry i waffle!

junglediva

Visit site
well... i love all the horses on this post!!
laugh.gif
been really fun looking at the lovely neds!!

Enfys

Visit site
I did a bit of a mental headcount and have amazed myself by actually only having six of my own at the moment. Usually it is more.

In my signature there is Juno and Zeus, Robin, Charley masquerading as a unicorn, and I'll add Lola and Peggy Sue when I can doctor photos.

twisteddiamond

Visit site
this is flash my newforest, hes 18 and 13.2hh, we have had him for 16yrs (doesnt time fly)
P30-09-09_1140.jpg

this is twister hes standardbredxirish, 17.2hh and 5yo and ive had him since he was weaned
SP_A0219.jpg

and this is havana, my welsh cob, shes 14.2hh and 8yo ive only had her 7 months but she is a star
P30-09-09_1148.jpg

FanyDuChamp

Visit site
Fany Du Champ Trait Ardennais (Ardennes) Trying Parelli, thinks it is better than work!
edinburghandhorses152.jpg

Waiting for the Farrier, she does not like being shod, hence mare face. Hooves are normall shape now, she no longer leaves cow style hoof prints
SANY0367.jpg

Captain. A KPWN Gelderlander. Not enjoying parelli at all!
edinburghandhorses127.jpg

Cheeky monkey
SANY0371-1.jpg

pootleperkin

Visit site
This is Cassie, my eldest - she is now a pasture ornament aged 23 - could have still be ridden, but she told me pretty firmly that all she now wants to do is look after the youngster and generally be miserable
smile.gif
I can still remember the feeling of my parents telling me (finally) that yes, I could have horse! She was 3 and I was 16......we brought each other on quite a bit! (sorry about the quality of the photo!) This was us team chasing at the York and Ainsty, years ago!

cassie1.jpg

Think you have all seen Gully on my siggy, but here he is anyway - dutch WB, now 6 years old.

gullynewsaddle2009_08_06_21_36_4-1.jpg

and here is Sky, the baby - 4 in April - also a dutch WB by Goshka Festivo.

skyturnonhocksMay.jpg

tikino

Visit site
ok where do i start
first is skye 10 nyr old clydes x wb and she is having a break from ridden work to have a babies. she had her first foal this year a filly and due baby 2 in june
1885857835a4596504351b899186825l-2.jpg

horsesplayinginthesnow103.jpg

NEXT IS TOBY 12yr old pba MY SPECIAL BOY WHO WAS MY FIRST EVER HOMEBRED
horses10-11-09014.jpg

tobydalry036.jpg

bea 3 yr old dutch wb
ellieagain023.jpg

jerry rising 4 yr old you i bought few months ago in a poor condition
jerry009.jpg

ellie this years foal
DSCF3841-1.jpg

300909063.jpg

ellieagain012-1-2.jpg

blaze 9 yr old welsh a
04555814.jpg

archie my mini shetland
5bcff8d5.jpg

Chavhorse

Visit site
Nevada (Vardi) Rising 5 Bought as a 3.5 year old

He is going wonderfully and is such a cool level headed dude for a youngster I am convinced the Passport is a fake.

He is the horse I bought to see me out I am 45 now so I intend us to be creaking about together in 20 years time.

I only have the one so I have indulged myself with lots of photos!

vardi19september.jpg

vardi19thseptember.jpg

doublelunge9.jpg

training4.jpg

doublelunge8.jpg

groundwork2.jpg

Janette

Visit site
This is the only horse I own, and will probably be the last horse I ever own.
She is a 14.2 coloured native (Dales X something coloured). I had to wait till I was 43 before I had a horse all of my very own, and I was given her by my mum who couldn't cope with star's bolshy ways.
Here, she's being 'Aunty' to Lilly the Filly, who was orphaned and needed to learn how to be a horse when turned out. (Lilly is a Shire)

P1020093.jpg

Despite having health issues, (tendons, cancer....) Star can still strut her stuff at local shows and dressage.

WoodnookRedRosette-1.jpg

I still can't believe that I actually own this horse, life is good isn't it.

Digger123

Visit site
This is my current horse.My friend got him for me from a dealers yard in Wales as 2yr old.Unknown breeding - he has a minature horse passport - but he isn't a minature he's just about 15.2/3 at the moment
grin.gif
He was backed this summer when he was 3 and has now been on holiday since October. Going to bring him back into work in the spring
Introducing Brodie
Photo009.jpg

251libby

Visit site
This is my girl....Jazz, she is my horse for life, I brought her when she was 7 and I was 15 for £500 with money I saved myself, she is nearly 14 now and I'm 22!

morelibbysphonejazzinsnow076.jpg

LOZSPHONEN96055.jpg

smudge99

Visit site
This is my first post so be gentle lol.

Brook is 18.1 shire x WB. Dope on a rope on the ground but not the easiest to ride, luckily I have a plucky daughter.

mumscamera054.jpg

This is Jess, my daughters pony, she is a 14.1 Haffie x arab, odd mix but it works, such a shame we are going to sell in the spring as Susan really needs to move on to something a bit bigger.

mumscamera061.jpg

Liz

Dizzykizzy

Visit site
This is a great thread, it is fab to see all the horses photos put to their names. Don't we have wonderful horses us HHOers??

This is one of my favourite pictures of my beautiful old arab mare Kizzy with her first and only born son, Oberon at a few days old.
Kizzy is rising 19 now and Obi will be 3 in June. Kizzy has been with us 8 years and will never be sold. Obi might have to find a new Mummy as I won't be able to bring him on .

Day35proudmumcropped.jpg

Obi last summer at 2 years old. I don't have any recent ones....must get out with the camera.

Tigerlily003.jpg

Luna is the love of my daughter's life (most of the time LOL)
We have owned her 6 and a bit years now since she was a baby 4 year old. She is out of a pure bred arab by a welsh cross hackney stallion. Fab jumper!

gg.jpg

prettygirls.jpg

And last of our brood is rising 2 year old Tigerlily. She was a BOGOF foal and her Mum is now rehomed with a lovely family, hopefully in a home for life.
Again, no recent photos.
I would love to keep her to see how she grows but sadly I think she will also have to find a new home as I am not going to be able to cope with all the horses when my daughter leaves for Uni next year.

July20091.jpg

Taffster

Visit site
I only have the one a 3 yr old called Ed the Ned he is a bit on the stupid side bless him!
Edtheshowoff.jpg

edmeister.jpg

He is going to his first show at the end of February - anybody fance a luagh at his expense come and watch!!

juevans

Visit site
here are my 3
Avalon my 15h 11 year old pure bred arab had her only a few months im going to put her in foal to a coloured sports horse stallion in the new year
IMGP0018.jpg

chicco my fell foal who im hoping to show as a yearling in 2010
IMGP0009-1.jpg

dan my 13.1 3 nearly 4 year old welsh sec c gelding whose just been proffesionally backed and is now unfortunatley for sale and will make someone a very smart little pony
P051209_1046.jpg

mainpower

Visit site
This is Laddie, nearly 18, Welsh D/IDxTb. He was bought in the "planning stage", and was only going to be a hack for my semi-horsey husband. But I pinched him, and we have had many dressage successes up to Elementary, and started showing in cob classes last year. We have a relationship like the Duckworths... plenty of grumbling but I feel we have a solid partnership!
horseandguitar009.jpg

And this is Brogan, taken last year as a 2yo. He is Welsh D/ID, and I'm hoping he'll be a nice RC horse to see me into my retirement!

033.jpg

Sorry if pics are big, I have no idea how to resize them!

shadowboy

Visit site
Love the post.
I dont have pics on the PC of my first 2 horses (digital cameras not invented yet!!)
But this is shadow I bought him as a 2 year old and was forced to sell him during my PGCE as I just couldnt afford to keep him- desperately seeking him now (he would be 9 now)
DSC00118.jpg

then I bought Witchita (she nearly killed me many times) but broke my leg sooo badly I couldnt walk for close to 6 months so she had to be sold as I could walk let alone feed her.
DSC00779.jpg

DSCN04910001.jpg

Then in March 2009 I bought this little fella as a rescure from a dealer- her arrived skinny and looking like this
HowieMarch2009.jpg

then he looked like this
DSC00436.jpg
and had been winning everything so my £100 investment was a good one! Hes about 12.3hh at 19months so hoping he will make the 13.2hh im looking for.
In august I bought Merlin a buddy for Howie - he is a Blagdon Cob x Appaloosa (currently standing at 13hh at 19months- hoping he will make the 14hh I looking for)
DSC00496.jpg

(howie in the back gorund) I often wish I had horses and not ponies- but then I spend time with the boys and forget they are ponies- they have big characters!!
howandmerl11.jpg

charlimouse

Visit site
These are my lot!

Pippa a 15.2 IDxTB who I got when I was 16, We did PN together. She is now semi retired.

IMG_1411.jpg

Millie a 15hh TB, rescued from the Meat man. I took her to CCI*, she is now in foal.

IMG_0154.jpg

IMG_2393cropped.jpg

038.jpg

Murphy a 16.1hh ISH who i'm hopefully going to do 2* on next season

IMG_6561.jpg

Jem, a 16HH TB, who I bought for £100 in March. Eventing at PN level

IMG_8004.jpg

IMG_8894.jpg

Colin my 4yo Scottish sports horse at his first ever dressage competition a few weeks ago, he came 2nd!

IMG_0375.jpg

Murphy88

Visit site
This is Murphy, my 15.1hh IDxTB. I've had him for 6 years and he has been the best horse I could have asked for. He tried to buck me off when i tried him (something he still likes to practice) but I got him anyway, and I have never looked back! He is 18 on friday, but will be with us for life.
DSCF1324.jpg

DSCF1156.jpg

This is Savannah - my baby. She was my 12th birthday present 9 1/2 years ago. No-one else wanted her because she was nutty, but I begged to be allowed to ride her while her owners tried to sell her, and then on my birthday I got given a box with her photo in it! She is scatty and nervous, sucked at dressage, and had a habit of dropping me on my head, but she was also nearly unbeatable at SJ and I loved having a pony that made people stop and go 'wow'. This picture was taken this summer, when she was 21 - enjoying her semi-retirement now she has become a lead-rein show pony!
DSCF1326.jpg

Here they are last week in the cold - both are turned away for winter, and are rather fluffy as a result.
DSC01580.jpg

colormorestud

www.colormore-stud.webs.com
I am finally after many years down to 3...
This is Pompadour he is a westphalian gelding as you see he is rather cheeky...
12072009216.jpg

But then he knows his job
wink.gif

pomp3.jpg

This Nahajola she is a kwpn,she has had 2 babies whilst here with us,and really now leads a life of leisure..she'll live the rest of her days here with us...nobody else would put up with her whims!!!
0092.jpg

as you can see she also knew how to perform
wink.gif

lol1.jpg

And finally this is Peppadour he is the son of Pompadour and Nahajola..he will be the only foal of Pompadour as we decided to have him gelded...Peppadour is rather special and he knows it! cheeky like dad and posh like mum
wink.gif

simba1.jpg

vicky86

Visit site
Great post - some lovely neddies
Sorry I have a far few pictures as am lucky enough to own 4 (Greedy I know ;-))

This is Zak when we bought him as a 3yo, he was a complete lunatic and used to put me on the floor on a daily basis..
img044.jpg

10 years on he has turned out to be my horse of a lifetime done PC/RC opens eventing, BSJA PC open teams and BSJA to newcomers and dressage to Elementary...
img050.jpg

img046-1.jpg

Digli bought as a 3 yo part bred Trakenher -

Picture032.jpg

now as a 5yo -

P1000809.jpg

Neo KWPN by Negretto as a 2 y.o

neohead2.jpg

and finally Harley 4yo IDxTB bought to sell but still have a year on-
untitled.jpg

Sorry lots of pics

hussar

Visit site
All three of mine in one handy package,demonstrating what is meant by 'good doer' ... on the left, Poco, my 10yo pure-bred Polish Arab endurance horse; in the middle, Moses, 4yo companion donkey gelding; and on the right, Sol, retired 19yo PBA endurance veteran.

summertime.jpg

soph21

Visit site
I bought Buddie for £60 when I was 15, he was a 4 yr old, he's now coming 13. I used to havea great laugh with Buddie, Id go and get him from the yard and bring him up to the village, he'd hang out with me and my mates all day
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

0062.jpg

006-44.jpg

I bought Bear 3 yrs ago for £1200 as an un broken 3yr old, I broke him myself, he's been there done it alll now, He's my perfect Horse, I love him to bits
grin.gif

105-3.jpg

Our 1st dressage this season! He did really well
laugh.gif

003-46.jpg

006-47.jpg

Bearsept3.jpg

I bought Gimley off JM07 last winter from seeing a couple of pics, as a rising 4 yr old. travelled 3-4 hours to collect him. Never looked back
laugh.gif

I broke him in the Spring, and had a very successful showing seaion in hand and under saddle. I could have sold him 10 times over
tongue.gif
But he's with us for life, he's a dude
grin.gif

022-19.jpg

Gimley picked my daughter up from school
0042.jpg

Won a posh rossette and trophy on his 1st time out under saddle!
Picture1915.jpg

I wont bore you with any more
tongue.gif

Gooby

Visit site
Jan 2008 my parents gave me a budget of £2000 to get my first horse. The first horse I put a deposit on turned out to have a serious heart murmour so didn't get him. The second horse I looked at took off galloping around the arena before I had my foot in the stirrup and then the third horse I looked at was the picture of my ideal horse. Over 16hh, grey ID.
So my first horse Fin:

Fin9.jpg

He was the love of my life but unfortunatly things didn't go to plan and after less than 2 months of owning him he pulled a tendon and spent 8 months on box rest which sent him stir crazy. The vet wouldn't give me sedatives to try and help when I had to walk him out which resulted in a few accidents and him kicking me over (by accident, he didn't aim for me I just was in the wrong place). I lost so much confidence in my abilitys I sent him away to be brought back into work. When it came time to bring him home I lost my nerve and decided to sell him. The lady I sold him too part ex-d him for a tb called harvey, 16hh:

DSC00154.jpg

I wasn't too convinced as I had really been looking for a 13-14hh pony to have fun on and regain my confidence. After a month Harvey started playing up spinning and bolting and rearing. My confidence was low enough as it was and my OH had recently been made redundant so back he went while I decided whether to continue with trying to own my own horse. My YO then rang out of the blue to say another livery wanted to sell their 15.3hh Welsh d for £1000 inc tack. I went to try him and he has been with me since march. So my third and final horse, Gilby:

n504310689_1804974_3345684-1.jpg

IMGP1488-2.jpg

Gil will be with me until his last day and I'm in contact with Fins owner so am hoping to visit him next year and if he ever comes up for sale he will be back with me!

JustMe22

Visit site
My boy, he's a 6yo ex-racer. Bought him for about £300 as a four and a half year old the day he finished racing.

jumpleft.jpg

That was his first time over a biggish jump, 1.20m. No ground line or fillers though, so for him to find his stride was a bit difficult.

These are at his first novice:

cantercharvidnovice2.jpg

charvidnovember09.jpg

charvid2november09.jpg

Working trot

And him being a cheeky bugger:
3.jpg

Sorry for the really poor image quality!!

joeanne

Visit site
Oh let me see.
The "Long Term Residents" In others words, going nowhere!
Tinkabelle, Bought for far too much money at Reading Shet sales, but at 20, couldnt possibly leave her there, so she came home with us
grin.gif

18122009072.jpg

Matey, freebie, old as the hills, but happy as larry (he is on the right, Tink on the left)
Loveatfirstsight.jpg

Fern and the two foalies (Flick the other mum just out the pic).
Bought at Reading Market for peanuts. Foalies are now growing up (both greyed out now and one gone to her new home).
matey062.jpg

Ginger Ninja aka Amber (original huh!) Been a long hard slog with her, but getting there slowly.
mateyandhisnewwife016.jpg

Ollie and Stanley AKA the hooligans. Ollie is staying, Stanley once gelded etc will be sold, both came from BR sales. Stanley (the bay in the pink spotty rug
blush.gif
)cost the grand sum of £17 including passport change.
18122009076.jpg

And not forgetting Little Stig
grin.gif

16112009032.jpg

There are a couple with us on loan (owner emigrated) but will have to dig them out!