Lovely purebred ID over there >>>>>>

catembi

Visit site
Yeah I thought that flatwork was unschooled rather than problematic. I want to BS to Fox and BD as far as I can, but dressage wise it will be fun if it happens and not the end of the world if it doesn’t. We can enjoy ourselves plugging away, can’t we, provided that we pass the vet...!

I will do updates on the process itself :))

Mule

Visit site
Ooh she's a beauty. I love a grey Irish draught. I have a 24 year old grey Irish draught mare. (They all seem to be grey) I like how well she folds her front legs over the fences. I'm a bit jealous now as mines retired. I'm sure you'll have lots of fun :)

cavalo branco

Visit site
Ooh! You can't beat a good Irish Draft, she looks like my boy who I've had for 6 years. He's never refused a jump, enjoys flatwork and will turn his hoof to anything thrown at him. Most importantly, after a competition ending suspensory injury with my TB, I wanted chunky legs on my new horse and he has been fit as a flea from his first day with me *touches wood quickly* Best of luck with the vetting.

ElectricChampagne

Visit site
The very very very best of luck with her Catembi!
I was watching the vid of her and I was like.. hmm why are these places so familiar to me. Then I copped it, she is in my part of the world ha!

Dying to see how you get on with her and keep updating us on your progress. She looks like a cracker!

catembi

Visit site
Here you go: https://www.irishsportequine.com/product/summer-lovely-purebred-irish-draught

I just need to work out how to break it to my husband now... But I kept up my end of the deal as I HAVE finished my doctorate. Waiting for an exchange date on my new equestrian property so we won't be moving for 4 weeks, then we need to build stables, sort out fencing etc etc so if I'd wait til we're 'ready' then I could have been waiting a looooooong time... Now I don't have to be so impatient about getting the house sorted!

Mule

Visit site
Here you go: https://www.irishsportequine.com/product/summer-lovely-purebred-irish-draught

I just need to work out how to break it to my husband now... But I kept up my end of the deal as I HAVE finished my doctorate. Waiting for an exchange date on my new equestrian property so we won't be moving for 4 weeks, then we need to build stables, sort out fencing etc etc so if I'd wait til we're 'ready' then I could have been waiting a looooooong time... Now I don't have to be so impatient about getting the house sorted!

I believe finishing a doctorate deserves a horse;)

Bernster

Visit site
What a sweet end to this thread! She looks sweet and I’m looking forward to an update. Congrats on the doctorate and the new horse!

Asha

Visit site
Fab update . Loads to celebrate for you , doctorate, new house , new horse . A few drinks for you over the weeekend !!

catembi

Visit site
Horse is now paid for...will be going to a competition livery yard for a month or two til I get my house organised... The College, Keysoe... Hacking distance from my house, so I can hack her there. I will be able to compete again...HURRAY...!!

Now, I just need to tell my husband...

kimberleigh

Visit site
Horse is now paid for...will be going to a competition livery yard for a month or two til I get my house organised... The College, Keysoe... Hacking distance from my house, so I can hack her there. I will be able to compete again...HURRAY...!!

Now, I just need to tell my husband...

How exciting! Just tell him it was a pregnant ladies fault because her lunacy somehow rubbed off on you upon reading her post 😂 I dont mind taking the blame haha

catembi

Visit site
Just been to Keysoe to sort everything out... She will be arriving next week.

Scapegoat volunteers welcomed... So far, the story is that there will be a horse there for me to ride from next week, which is NOT a lie. Although if he infers that I'm helpfully exercising it for someone, that's not my fault... The yard is nine minutes from here, so v v convenient.

I can then 'buy' it if I like it, so I will look v v sensible by having it on trial and riding it a lot before I 'make my mind up'...

Eeeeppp, I need to remember what I've done with my competition clothes and black jacket. I think I may have sold my long boots. OMG, I can't believe that I'm nearly up and running again...!!

Cinnamontoast

Fais pas chier!
Visit site
This is hilarious, Catembi! I share finances so the OH would know immediately, I can’t even buy something on eBay without him knowing! Brilliant!

catembi

Visit site
It's not (quite) lying...! And it *is* my hard-earned money... O/h is very, very careful - not just financially but in everything, doesn't take risks of any sort, likes to plan everything, would want me to wait til we've got the house, got planning, got stables, got the school, etc etc. I am ordinarily very careful with money too, but I've been waiting long enough for this. If I've got my horse and ccan get cracking, then I won't be tearing my hair out waiting for all the other stuff.

I simply cannot wait! I am sooooooooo excited!

catembi

Visit site
Do it! Do it! Do it...! I will post re how mine turns out. I know it’s mad, but it’s so exciting to see exactly what will turn up...!