Male Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ponynutz

Visit site
You’re a tough bunch. Not sure this site is the right place for me to be honest. I tried to explain the reasons for the PM’s earlier today.

Think most of us are tongue in cheek at this point joking with each other and we have offered some help for your problem. Appreciate your reasoning earlier but those PMs possibly could have been put on the main thread rather than a private PM or at least ask on the main thread if you could PM them.

Do stay... we're not that bad... promise.

adamntitch

Visit site
i think if you had worded it better and asked for advice on making it more comfortable for male riders . instead of going on about the size of it you may have got better answers another male here and of the hundreds of male riders world wide they manage and they cant all have tiny bits am sure its more to do with how you ride rather than what ever you think is big its also well known for men to claim to be big but really there small its like a cheap thrill

maggiestar

Visit site
Think most of us are tongue in cheek at this point joking with each other and we have offered some help for your problem. Appreciate your reasoning earlier but those PMs possibly could have been put on the main thread rather than a private PM or at least ask on the main thread if you could PM them.

Do stay... we're not that bad... promise.
Ponynutz, take it from an old nag, it's better not to encourage him

D66

Visit site
OP we seem tough because there is a post like this about every six months. Sometimes it is a genuine new rider asking where he can get advice on suitable riding kit but more often quickly descends into the poster exercising their fantasies.
if you are having riding lessons ask advice from your instructor or local riding kit stockist. It is likely that as your riding improves so will your comfort.
If you want to learn about horses, stick around.

paddy555

Visit site
i think if you had worded it better and asked for advice on making it more comfortable for male riders . instead of going on about the size of it you may have got better answers another male here and of the hundreds of male riders world wide they manage and they cant all have tiny bits am sure its more to do with how you ride rather than what ever you think is big its also well known for men to claim to be big but really there small its like a cheap thrill

good thread and gave me a laugh. :D
My OH rides Gareth. Daily and has done for the last 60 years. He wears M & S y fronts and army camouflage trousers (which are loose) He has ridden on all types of saddles from Western, treeless and English plus bareback. As he doesn't seem to have any problem then I think it is a case of practise and learning to sit in a decent position.

Perhaps I need to offer him some granny knickers;)

Lois Lame

Visit site
I have not read all this thread. But for what it is worth, my OH (male) wears Y fronts. He always has. And he rode in them. I notice the brand is called Jockey which may be significant. He learned to ride late in life (both Western and English) and did so in his jockey Y fronts. We discovered in the USA that for men riding in jeans all day, women's nylon tights worn under the jeans prevented chafing.

But the question is, Skib, how did your OH discover this?:D

A middle-aged German man in my place of work (a nursery) used to constantly tell us females not to forget to wear our warm ladies underwear when we were making hardwood cuttings in winter. He himself preferred ladies underwear, he would confess to anyone who was listening. "It is much more confortable," he would declare with passion. I used to wonder how he ever discovered this fact.

Last edited:

GarethCollins

Visit site
But the question is, Skib, how did your OH discover this?:D

A middle-aged German man in my place of work (a nursery) used to constantly tell us females not to forget to wear our warm ladies underwear when we were making hardwood cuttings in winter. He himself preferred ladies underwear, he would confess to anyone who was listening. "It is much more confortable," he would declare with passion. I used to wonder how he ever discovered this fact.
I think the only positive I can take from this is that the m & s knickers feel great. Think I’m converted like your German Herr (he takes cover, preparing for the barrage of criticism that will be hurled from the H&H elite squadron for mentioning the word knickers again)

GarethCollins

Visit site
Yeah but they are hardly granny knickers. Or at least, not the sort of granny knickers I have in my drawer I was picturing.
The point here is that I had never heard the term ‘granny knickers’ in my life. I asked for some advice and this is what 2 or 3 people suggested. Try Googling ‘high waist granny knickers’ - the images suggest a range of styles, many of which I doubt my 91 year old gran would wear

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
(he takes cover, preparing for the barrage of criticism that will be hurled from the H&H elite squadron for mentioning the word knickers again)

Gareth no one could give a fig if you write knickers. You could even have said you have a larger than average penis and testicles instead of the "I can't explain why I can't wear men's pants, nudge nudge". (I'm still wondering how the hell you think you can fit into tight women's knickers if you can't fit into a pair of y-fronts or briefs. And the point is that they have to be snug to hold everything up out of the way.)

What isn't acceptable as a new male poster is to Private Message women on the forum with pictures asking if very obviously feminine underwear will suit you. There's just no reason to do that, and previous experience on the forum suggests it would descend into worse. I don't believe any flaccid penis will not be able to be tucked under a normal waistband. Unless you have a medical condition, in which case we aren't the people to be asking.

Your use of the words "elite squadron" here, from a new poster, now makes me further question whether you're actually troll. Please don't be offended if you are genuine, we can only judge by what you are writing. Please prove me wrong and post some details of your riding progress, and pictures. Whatever, enjoy your riding when you find the right underwear.

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
If you are worried about people reading stuff that will offend them, you can top and tail what you write with

[Spoiler =explicit content ] [/spoiler ] with the spaces removed, and then people have to press the button to see what you've written. You can put whatever text you like after the =

little_critter

Visit site
I’ve just grilled OH (cyclist) to see if this is an issue that comes up on the cycling forums.
Sadly it seems is doesn’t. Sore arse? Yes. Sore tackle? No.
We are concluding it’s because cycling saddles don’t have a pommel, which I’m assuming is the point of impact.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
34 inch waist is only a size 16 at places like m and s

remember saddles were designed for men not women and its about sitting on your bum not your bits…

A real fallacy, saddles were designed around trees that fitted horses and gave people somewhere to sit, they suited some men, and suited some women (once more women rode astride, but bear in mind the modern saddle only came about since almost all women rode astride). All pelvises and saddles are different and marketing speak about female friendly saddles is, sadly, misleading. And sitting on your bum usually means not being in a neutral pelvis but being titled back which has all sort of negative implications for your ability to sit and aid effectively, and the horse's posture and way of going.

its nothing to do with your size its to do with your postion in the saddle

Yes and no, we do need to be able to have some contact with our pubic arches on the saddle, as said above, so for some, it may be an issue. A promulgator of the above mentioned female friendly saddles talks about a "roof" shaped pommel so men can put their "bits" to one side or the other. I have only fitted one man with my new method, that actually assesses pelvic length and width etc, and it definitely wasn't an issue for him so it may also be a fallacy.

this thread is the gift that keeps on giving

incidentally I sort of presumed male comfort in the saddle is just basically being a good rider. so if you're uncomfortable, maybe you should put more time into your lessons than being weird online.

Comfort in the saddle is seldom about being a good rider - other sports get to have good kit that suits each individual, the right saddle should be comfortable to be in a neutral pelvis from the go-get. Unfortunately riding school saddles tend to be old and hard and will barely ever fit the rider correctly.

Personally i always wondered how men coped with some saddles, as i’ve had some rough experiences with some saddle shapes and im female. Gareth has no choice in saddle fit if using RS horses, and some can cause/force a pelvic tilt of discomfort depending on shape/size of rider. Im ok in most saddles except deep-seat, high cantle/pommel - then im glad to get off the horse and stagger away like tina turner!
The more open the seat the more easily we can adapt, part of the explanation, but yes, saddle fit is very individual.

just to add when you said you would like to see a partner in that underwear is really not appropriate and nothing to do with the op

I think it context that comment really wasn't that bad as someone had said how unattractive the pants were.

Saddle fitters can also help on matters of rider comfort too

To an extent for sure, some more than others! I'm loving working from actual pelvic imprints, so much more scope to get a good, comfortable fit.

As he doesn't seem to have any problem then I think it is a case of practise and learning to sit in a decent position.

It's really not, other sports...

I’ve just grilled OH (cyclist) to see if this is an issue that comes up on the cycling forums.
Sadly it seems is doesn’t. Sore arse? Yes. Sore tackle? No.
We are concluding it’s because cycling saddles don’t have a pommel, which I’m assuming is the point of impact.

Yes definitely, but cycling DOES assess seatbone width in many many cases when selecting a saddle. If they're not then a sore arse is more likely.

little_critter

Visit site
Yes definitely, but cycling DOES assess seatbone width in many many cases when selecting a saddle. If they're not then a sore arse is more likely.
Yes, my OH works in a cycle shop and uses what I call an “arse-ometer”. A board with memory foam / gel on it that you sit on and you can see the impressions your seat bones make. Then select an appropriate width of saddle.
Apparently my OH likes sitting on something that looks like a razor blade because it means it doesn’t touch his seat bones, and reduces chafing where leg meets bum.

sbloom

www.stephaniebloomsaddlefitter.co.uk
Yes, my OH works in a cycle shop and uses what I call an “arse-ometer”. A board with memory foam / gel on it that you sit on and you can see the impressions your seat bones make. Then select an appropriate width of saddle.
Apparently my OH likes sitting on something that looks like a razor blade because it means it doesn’t touch his seat bones, and reduces chafing where leg meets bum.

Ouch! If I fitted saddles on that basis I'd be crippling people! He possibly has very narrow/upright/closed hips which means his femurs/lesser trochanters cause more movement there....we have a small subset of riders that seem to need, similarly, their seatbones RIGHT at the edge of the seat, we're currently working on how to most easily identify them, and solutions for them. Fascinating stuff :)

[153312]

Visit site
Comfort in the saddle is seldom about being a good rider - other sports get to have good kit that suits each individual, the right saddle should be comfortable to be in a neutral pelvis from the go-get. Unfortunately riding school saddles tend to be old and hard and will barely ever fit the rider correctly.

The more open the seat the more easily we can adapt, part of the explanation, but yes, saddle fit is very individual.

I was being flippant

GarethCollins

Visit site
A real fallacy, saddles were designed around trees that fitted horses and gave people somewhere to sit, they suited some men, and suited some women (once more women rode astride, but bear in mind the modern saddle only came about since almost all women rode astride). All pelvises and saddles are different and marketing speak about female friendly saddles is, sadly, misleading. And sitting on your bum usually means not being in a neutral pelvis but being titled back which has all sort of negative implications for your ability to sit and aid effectively, and the horse's posture and way of going.

Yes and no, we do need to be able to have some contact with our pubic arches on the saddle, as said above, so for some, it may be an issue. A promulgator of the above mentioned female friendly saddles talks about a "roof" shaped pommel so men can put their "bits" to one side or the other. I have only fitted one man with my new method, that actually assesses pelvic length and width etc, and it definitely wasn't an issue for him so it may also be a fallacy.

I think it context that comment really wasn't that bad as someone had said how unattractive the pants were.

To an extent for sure, some more than others! I'm loving working from actual pelvic imprints, so much more scope to get a good, comfortable fit.

It's really not, other sports...

Really appreciate a couple of these comments. Thank you ?

Status
Not open for further replies.