Meet..... Marvellous Maddie!

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Thank you to all those who commented on my previous thread. I thought Maddie deserved a thread of her own - new start and all that - so here it is.....

Her advert popped up on my trainer and good friend's FB newsfeed, the day after I lost Cassie, purely by chance. She was advertised on a very new horse selling website, so the chances of that were pretty low. I didn't really feel ready to go and see another horse, but I have a few friends who have been looking for literally months, and given she was a 14.2 bay part Welsh mare and only 15 miles up the road, I screwed my head on, messaged the sales agent, watched some videos, and booked a viewing. I also booked my trainer/friend to come with me as I am usually pretty decisive when I first view.

The day dawned - it was chucking it down, and very windy. I thought she looked tiny when I first saw her - she's around an inch taller than Cassie by eye, but a lighter build. She trotted up nicely and seemed a sweet pony. The sales agent (pro rider) then tacked her up and put her through her paces. At this point I was feeling somewhat sick - I haven't ridden any horses other than Cassie and a few trail horses in Montana in the past five years and I get really nervous in these sorts of situations. But I got on board and she was an absolute sweetheart. Walked, trotted and cantered both ways, and seemed to be waterproof, so said YES!!!

1604517044796.png

That yes was subject to two things..... she was coincidentally booked in to compete at my trainer's yard two days later, and I was stewarding so able to attend the competition in an official capacity. So as long as she behaved safely at that competition, and passed a 5 stage vetting with X-rays, then I would proceed. At this point it was still very much a 'head' decision. I was still feeling steam-rollered by Cassie's sudden loss, but I knew I would get another pony, she was my type, and she ticked all the boxes. She met both criteria, and that was it - I bought the pony!!

She's now at my trainer's yard for a month in livery whilst we get to know each other, then she will come home. Touch wood, everything seems to be going to plan so far. Yesterday we had a lesson, and for the first time I felt like I was riding 'my' pony, rather than someone else's. She is slowly helping to heal a broken heart. ???

122487955_1835282806610738_7260847384258548570_o.jpg

122661799_1842167105922308_8481877321031461641_o.jpg

123511243_10222463589031241_1716051198328181188_o.jpg

123496369_10222463589751259_8043497576502775281_o.jpg

123680141_1848525671953118_2452161691531119840_o.jpg

nikicb

www.facebook.com
She is a lovely type, good luck with her.

Thank you. Complete Heinz 57 breeding (I assume as nothing in the passport), but it seems to have worked. :)

Who could resist that face. I hope she brings you much joy. She looks just super.

She's definitely a pretty girl, and incredibly sweet with it. :)

She’s my type of pony! I wish you many years of happiness together x

Thank you! My type is generally little bay mares - she fitted the bill! :)

nikicb

www.facebook.com
She's beautiful ?. The blue outfit really sets her off, I love it. Wishing you all the best with her.

Thank you - she has inherited a very full wardrobe, so I am looking forward to trying them all on her. That said, I am also in love with the blue combo at the moment! :) x

I missed your last thread, but am really happy you have fond a new pony. She looks lovely. X

Thank you. :) x

I really like her, look forward to following your progress

Thank you - I am looking forward to having some fun with her. :) x

Oh wow! She is absolutely beautiful! :)

Thank you! :) x

Visit site
She is absolutely beautiful, what a lovely kind eye. I’m so very sorry to hear about your loss, I hope your beautiful new mare will help that hole in your heart heal a little easier.

Laurac13

Visit site
I think horses find us for a reason and you and Maddie look really fab together ? I am sure Cassie will be watching over you both and I am sure Maddie will help mend your heart, fill your time and give you lots of fun times in years to come ? keep us posted x

nikicb

www.facebook.com
Well as someone who also has a very definite "type", albiet mine are 15hh bay/brown connemaras, she looks brill!!

I hope she gives you lots of happiness.

You can have all the little bay geldings, and I will have all the little bay mares!! xx

She is absolutely beautiful, what a lovely kind eye. I’m so very sorry to hear about your loss, I hope your beautiful new mare will help that hole in your heart heal a little easier.

Thank you. xx

I think horses find us for a reason and you and Maddie look really fab together ? I am sure Cassie will be watching over you both and I am sure Maddie will help mend your heart, fill your time and give you lots of fun times in years to come ? keep us posted x

Thank you - I know I couldn't have even half ridden her when I viewed her if it hadn't been for Cassie. Her spirit will live on. xx

She's gorgeous, a real find x

Thank you - yes so lucky. xx

Enjoy her! She looks fab! Look forward to hearing updates

Thank you! x

Smashing looking mare. I wish you many hours of happiness together.

Thank you! I think we are going to have a lot of fun. xx

Bernster

Visit site
Amazing really how it all came togeher. It was clearly meant to be so she could come into your life when you needed it most, to help you heal. You def have a type!

I know what you mean about trying a new horse though. I ventured out very briefly to do that and forgot how odd it feels to ride an unfamiliar horse.

J&S

Visit site
She is a lovely looking pony, don't blame you for snapping her up, despite sad circumstances. Very best of luck for the future.