Microchipped?

Hallo2012

Visit site
even our old, retired,never leaves the yard one has been done.

in his final hours i wouldnt forgive myself ANY delay and i fear a lack of chip may cause one in a jobsworth vet.

He is 26.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
When we were at the vets earlier this year, vet did a very thorough check of passport against the horse (she's known us for about 5 years at this point)
There wasn't a microchip listed in the passport but she scanned with one which the vet then updated the details of in the pp. I wouldn't know how or where to update the chip details though tbh!

My post, 11, the other chipping thread:
I hope everyone knows that once the animal is newly (or old one found) microchipped, you are supposed to send the passport to the relevant agency (that it was issued by) so they can update their record and then this then goes onto the new database.
I cannot see anywhere apart from on native breed society regs that this has been mentioned anywhere!

chaps89

Visit site
My post, 11, the other chipping thread:
I hope everyone knows that once the animal is newly (or old one found) microchipped, you are supposed to send the passport to the relevant agency (that it was issued by) so they can update their record and then this then goes onto the new database.
I cannot see anywhere apart from on native breed society regs that this has been mentioned anywhere!

Cheers, I've certainly not gone looking for what to do but I've not come across it whilst just browsing either.

windand rain

Visit site
Old girl wont make the deadline as her jabs are due later in October but will get her done she is 24 and does go out and about. The naughty boy wont be done as he is not going anywhere

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
Just discovered the one i wasn't sure about DOES have a chip though it probably needs registering properly as it's only in the french registration pages of her passport. but anyway. all compliant ;)

Cocorules

Visit site
Did mine last month and sent off to update passport agencies but haven't heard back from them yet.

I think the information on what to do especially from the passport agencies has not been great. I couldn't figure it out for one so have just emailed them with details. My vet was very proactive though and reminded me several times. The chip agency didn't get the details right so I had to get them corrected.

I would think it would be very easy to send out fines to anyone who has a horse passport with up to date details on it but where the provider has not been told about microchip details.

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Vet visit yesterday for teeth and jabs so scanned both ponies. 1 had been done (suspected he was as he came from the kind of home where things were done thoroughly) the little one wasnt but as he was 15 that didnt surprise me, decided I ought to do him as he is a childs pony and I would never be forgiven if he got lost and couldnt be traced!! So all jabs done, all teeth done and all beeping away when scanned. Anyone got a cutting from a money tree they could send my way :)

Sealine

Visit site
I thought my horse was microchipped but I’ve checked my paperwork and can’t find any evidence. I asked his breeder and she can’t remember. He has a chaps passport issued when he was 3 months old and the only number I can see is a basic identity number which I assume isn’t it. Think I’ll havecto get him scanned or is there any other way to check if he has a microchip?