MISSING/STOLEN PIEBALD GYPSY COB.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
My gypsy cob has gone missing from Resolven area,nr Neath. Last seen in the fields next to theirs but I got a phone call at 12.00 lunchtime today saying he was in the fields and when I went up there,there was NO sign of him and my daughter and I looked everywhere.Then my friend came up and we walked ALL the neighbouring fields and there was still no sign of him anywhere.Have contacted the police and now waiting for them to contact me.Have put him as lost on NED and on my Facebook as lost.
Its not like him to be seperated from his friend.

Picture172-2.jpg

Picture171-2.jpg

Picture174-1.jpg

Picture170-2.jpg

Forgot to add he IS microchipped.

Last edited:

showaddy1

Visit site
I know in our area (southWales) if the horse is reported to the police, then the police would then contact the animal warden who would scan the horse and get your details.
So, hopefully he has just wandered into a nearby field and is blissfully unaware he is causing you so much worry.
Fingers crossed for you, post a FB link so I can share

Tinseltoes

Visit site
https://www.facebook.com/
Hope it works.
He was last seen yesterday lunchtime in the other fields.The little pony was caught yesterday but Flash wasnt there with her.I am hoping he got into the forestry (they have wardens).
He is hard to catch and its strange hes nowhere to be seen. Im worried sick and havent stopped crying.
Wondered maybe someone tried to get him and they had the gate open to the forestry and he took off past them,I really don't know.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
I know in our area (southWales) if the horse is reported to the police, then the police would then contact the animal warden who would scan the horse and get your details.
So, hopefully he has just wandered into a nearby field and is blissfully unaware he is causing you so much worry.
Fingers crossed for you, post a FB link so I can share

Sadly hes NOT in the nearby fields.Been looking since 12.30 lunchtime till 5.30pm and just went back up there and still nothing.Last seen lunchtime yesterday.Weird as he wasnt with my section A.
Im in south wales.

rockysmum

Visit site
Hugs, its everyones worse nightmare.

Have you check ditches, holes etc. If he has slipped into something you might not see him unless you are quite close.

Hope you get news soon.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
Just phoned police back and it has been assigned to a officer,the lady gave me a number which will be the crime reference number after investigation.

It is: 62120144433. Can I give this too horsewatch as at present its just a ref number?

Joeb21

Visit site
Hugs, its everyones worse nightmare.

Have you check ditches, holes etc. If he has slipped into something you might not see him unless you are quite close.

Hope you get news soon.

Maybe worth getting together with the locals and re-check , just in case he has fallen in to a ditch?

Tinseltoes

Visit site
I have tried filling form out on SHR but its not working grrrrrrr keeps saying I need to add email and my address,which are already filled out.So I sent farmkey a email.
He is ONLY microchipped.Will post microchip number if required. Im worried sick as its not like him at all.Poor pony she is alone in the field.Strange thing is she isnt calling him.Usually they are together like paste.

Last edited:

mountainview22

Visit site
How close to the forestree are you? what is the name of the forest?

either you can do it or pm me your number and I'll phone forest tree commission and see if we could get access for a look around for him. my 4x4 is able to drive through rough terrain. Just an idea.

If you want some more man power in searching give me a shout, I back onto abberbaiden/Maesteg/portalbort forest and don't mind sparing a few hours.

Tinseltoes

Visit site
Maybe worth getting together with the locals and re-check , just in case he has fallen in to a ditch?

A local man who knows the horse,he was scouring the fields last night with his dog.He said the only place he hadnt been was in the boggy field to look but he was going there.Flash is a lump of a horse.My friend and I walked all the fence lines,even thru gates that were closed and were looking for horse prints.No sign of him anywhere.Beginning to wonder if some teens/youths (had problems before with them letting the horse and pony out) opened the gate and let him into the forestry,really dont know but I am really worried as he is my baby (as dull as it sounds).
The only ditches are the ones by their own field and when ever they have previously escaped into the other fields they have never wandered off. Did go to the boggy field and there were NO prints whatsoever going in there.The pony and cob were seen at lunchtime on the 4th may and pony was caught (not sure when tho) and put in closed drive till I arrived lunchtime yesterday after getting a phone call.He couldnt catch Flash so left him there but he did say when he caught pony,that Flash was nowhere around.I dont understand how he took off without pony as he and her are best friends and are always together.Seems weird. Shes not calling him either which I find stange.There was no fresh horse poo in any of the adjacent fields either.Odd!

Tinseltoes

Visit site

either you can do it or pm me your number and I'll phone forest tree commission and see if we could get access for a look around for him. my 4x4 is able to drive through rough terrain. Just an idea.

If you want some more man power in searching give me a shout, I back onto abberbaiden/Maesteg/portalbort forest and don't mind sparing a few hours.

Ive pmd you.Appreciate your help.
The forestry is pretty near the fields they escaped into but not sure how he would of got into there unless someone deliberatly opened the gate which is usually kept closed so Im told.

Last edited:

Joeb21

Visit site
The only reason as to why i asked as you stated on FB that it was a joke ? Your words quote " im only joking hahaha idiots "

Tinseltoes

Visit site
The only reason as to why i asked as you stated on FB that it was a joke ? Your words quote " im only joking hahaha idiots "

No that was NOT me as Ive been out all day yesterday and today looking for him. That was my daughter,she is 14.(Ive changed my FB password now.)
**** ITS NOT A JOKE.**** I just cant understand where he has gone too!!! Now Im baffled.
Police gave me a crime reference number. Will keep you posted.

Tinseltoes

Visit site

Thankyou so much Jamie for helping me today,""" its really appreciated.""" wish we had found him. Will have to keep searching.
Do you think hes up with those cows we saw or maybe hes gone up the mountain further?

Last edited:

mountainview22

Visit site
I hate to say it, but I think the farmer needs a word.

He is ex directory, could you give him a knock tomorrow? I've shown a few the halter found and described the banking and so far everyone is thinking along my lines, sorry.

Cedars

Visit site
What you do you mean about the farmer, moutainview22? And why would your daughter say it was a joke??????