Modern Pentathlon...

muffinino

Visit site
Well, that's ridiculous, you wouldn't remount an injured horse in a normal event so why do they have to?
mad.gif

Oooh, I'm all angry now, this is far more interesting (in a bad way) than work!

FirstLight

Visit site
thank goodness its over and no horses or riders were seriously injured horses prob have such sore mouths and back now though GRR

i am now watching the pro's maybe the pentathletes should too!

jojo2305

Visit site
I just watched this to see what the fuss was about and saw a few passable riders in a row and then some dodgy ones ( not helped by the horse/rider/atmosphere combination). Alot of the horses didn't look exactly point and shoot which didn't make things any easier for the riders ( many of whom, I agree, could do with some serious training). If they are going to keep some for of equestrianism as part of the MP, could they not reduce the height of the jumps to 1m or so, or change the format away from jumping. Having said all that, I don't suppose there was a wide variety of horses to chose from so they did end up with some interesting mounts which I imagine most 'normal' riders wouldn't fancy getting on and jumping full stop, far less over 1.20m in that sort of atmosphere.

daisycrazy

Visit site
That's why I thought maybe an assault course... in line with the military origins...

I had a feeling fencing may be scored like that but really don't know enough about it. Have always fancied having a go at it though!

mrogers

Visit site
Got to say, a much better standard of riding from the women. They actually know what they're doing!

JM07 I agree that maybe the horses need to be of better quality but at the same time, would you give these riders Coralto?

Nando

Visit site
Sooo much better than yesterday, bar the odd few! I have to say I think the standard of horses is pretty good - they are honest enough to keep on jumping and as has been proven today if they are presented correctly to the fence they are leaving them up- even the one that was hopping lame still finished bless him!

Am loving Clare Baldings commentry, never heard her get so animated!! Much better than the guy yesterday who blamed the horses for everything
smile.gif