Modern Pentathlon...

GDB

photobucket.com
Does anyone know who supplies the horses for the Show Jumping phase and how long they have to get used to them. There is some pretty brave jumping going on in Beijing!

Saf

community.webshots.com
They have a set time limit and number of jumps, friend of mine supplies they over here, I always cringe at the riding
frown.gif

Watching it now and feel sorry for the horses
frown.gif

trendybraincell

Visit site
snap post indeed, I don't know who I feel more sorry for...the horses or the riders?!

This guy in the red jacket, check the horse as it goes over the jump
blush.gif

dieseldog

Visit site
They have out the height down this year as well. It is normally 1.20. You have to take your hats of to them jumping that ion a horse you have sat on for 5 mins when riding isn't your first sport is very brave.

daisycrazy

Visit site
I watched it at the last Olympics (on the TV) and was half tempted to take up the sport when I saw the standard. If I worked on my swimming and learnt how to fence then I'd have it nailed...Could be quite good fun.

carys220

Visit site
Gurr!!! If they've only just got on the horse what's the deal with all the whipping? Is that part of the damn sport??!!

Santa_Claus

www.katiemortimore.com
thats 'if' they have got round full stop! From what I can see it is something like 28 penalties for a knockdown (well the first one anyway not sure about subsequent ones) 60 for first stop 40 for second but you seem to be able to round a fence if you stop twice at it (like the brit!) about 65 for a fall as well!

but yes this is how to get a proper cricket score showjumping best round I've seen is 28 penalties!!!

Saf

community.webshots.com
Always on the horses we supplied here in GB, I went to the worlds at Milfield with 20 horses from the yard I was at, including a horse I rode, some riders ride well and don't get me started on the rest
frown.gif