More revelations on AHAR

Equi

Visit site
RSPCA have no jurisdiction here. ISPCA don't care. When they attend everything is "on form" cause what would they do with all the animals.

The biggest problem is that people still think one of two things - 1) oh poor animals, what a great rescue. I'll donate. 2) oh what poor animals, Ill rescue one to save it.

Both feed this persons vile attempt at welfare.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
I havent been and used to be a supporter, Ive just seen on the Ahar page someone has asked about this horse and their comment has been deleted much the same as mine was when I asked politely about one of their horses and my comment was deleted and I was blocked from commenting. You have to ask yourself why wont they answer questions and that video is pretty damning, lots of horses,dogs drop off the radar there and their habit of buying at fairs is something Ive never heard a rescue do before.

Irish gal

Visit site
I have been following this rescue and do know the attempts to discredit it.Have any of you ever been to see for yourselves?

I would be interested to hear, if you can enlighten us. Have been hearing allegations for years about this place. There's already so much on social media I don't think you'll be breaching anything much by filling us in.

Equi

Visit site
They have an on-going deal with a meat man, who finds the most horrible horses he can and SELLS them to the rescue.

I mean really...

This says a lot about the man obvioulsy, but this rescue funds this. This man could buy or take any free/cheap pony, keep it in a stable with no food for a few weeks and sell it at a profit. But this rescue will not disclose the info about the person.

paddi22

Visit site
the 'rescuing' dogs by buying them at fairs made me absolutely fume. The breeders must be laughing all the way home all set to breed a new batch to sell to this lunatic.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
That place should have been closed down years ago, disgusting.

Everyone says that but no one in authority seems to want to deal with it, obviously the horses on the video are kept elsewhere off the AHAR premises which begs the question how many more are there like this on other rented properties.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
"This post is for you, our team of supporters.
This statement is from.
AHAR & our team of vets.
Hero ( named Heather with months by the lady who will adopt her when the time is ready )
As you can see is alive and well at our centre. Not the forgotten pony you were lead to believe.
When we first posted her story, our plan was at least a year of corrective shoes decided by our vet and farrier before the final decision of an operation was made.
Two months ago they decided to take off her shoes and give her a break out on grass before the next veterinary decision. It would be a long winter inside and Heather of all equines so deserved it a holiday in a beautiful field of grass.
Last week she was back in our centre as planned for the next step of her journey. Sadly a few would like to try and tarnish AHAR with innuendos.
We welcomed an early visit from The Department of Agriculture after a number of complaints. I am very grateful for their rapid response again, to clear our name but a waste of valuable time for all of us involved.
Kenmare fair is on today. We should have been there to help what we could. Instead I had to send a team of volunteers to replace me.
Again only the animals suffer at the hands of AHAR haters who shout so loudly their 'love' of animals.
Now lets get back to doing what we do best and saving as many as we can"

The above is Ahars answer to the video, they must think we were born yesterday, If that video had not emerged and the authorities told that poor pony would be still suffering in the field. Not one of their supporters has said that the pony in the video was suffering and why does it look worse than when it first come into Ahar, In fact before Ahar made the above statement people were denying it was the same pony

Equi

Visit site
Far as I know they don't get shown the entire yard and a lot of animals are moved before they get there. Obviously have someone on the inside.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Far as I know they don't get shown the entire yard and a lot of animals are moved before they get there. Obviously have someone on the inside.

Ive heard that and it does seem far fetched until you read the comments from one of the authorities employers sticking up for Ahar on the exposed page, something rotten in Denmark I think.

Cortez

Tough but Fair
Visit site
I have been there; a friend has a dog adopted from there. No, it's not perfect and there is a lot of sentimental rubbish spouted by the owner, but at the same time there are a lot of animals helped by this rescue that would otherwise be completely ignored and without resource. Evil? no. Misguided? Probably.

Dobiegirl

Visit site
Cortez did you watch the video? if the exposed page had not contacted the authorities that poor pony would still be there so I do think they are evil, yes they rehome a lot of dogs but a lot enter there are never seen or heard of again and the buying of animals at fairs is just counter productive.

CAYLA

Visit site
This is not a rescue it's an unstable hoarders funded dream. All at the expense of poor animals being starved/neglected and abused all so one person can call herself a hero in the eyes of the ignorant. Those helping fund this place are despicable. Ffs how much more do we have to see before this woman is removed from the place.

stormox

Visit site
. Evil? no. Misguided? Probably.

I think the manager is an animal hoarder, more misguided than evil, but using the animals as 'sob stories' to raise funds to buy more animals is really not the way to help in the long term. I was at Puck and some of the animals she bought were in no way being mistreated, and AHAR actually went to the fair the evening before, to be the first to buy. I could understand it if she waited untiil the fair was closing and then bought the ones who hadnt been sold, but a lot would have been sold to good homes if AHAR hadnt got there first.

Irish gal

Visit site
And why is she buying them at fairs, there's no cruelty there, well I can think of lots of better places to buy. Like here in Limerick, where ponies in the city, mostly foals are €50. They are traded and then ridden into the ground by poor kids or used as trotters. The cities would be a much more sensible place to buy. And where does she get the money from. I'll bet it not from the state. She must have plenty of money to be buying at fairs as those horses aren't being given away.

Equi

Visit site
The rescue was originally set up to "save" horses from slaughter aka buy meat horses with other people's money.

So this buying to save thing has always been an issue.