Mothers day weekend plans?

milliepops

Wears headscarf aggressively
Visit site
I don't know how anyone has the energy to do more than one thing a weekend with your horses. You are all super-people. I'm knackered and have a slightly bruised bum. :lol: (really have not been getting in the saddle enough if 1.5 hours in a soft-tree saddle can make me saddle sore!! Have been letting hubby ride far too much clearly. Nothing to do with the horrible weather onviously.)

hahahaha :D well on a personal level I was so sick of Millie-sicknote missing everything through injury after injury, that my approach with the others is to just do as much as I can (within reason ;) ) You never know how much time you have left so I just basically don't sit still unless I'm at work :p I hate not being busy. The calendar is absolutely ridiculous but somehow it works :D

j1ffy

Visit site
Indio and I had a fantastic time at the AMD course! I was a little sceptical about whether I'd get more out of the course than I do going for lessons, but thankfully it was absolutely worth the extra cost! I'm waiting for the videos of our test run-throughs to come through and then I'll do a full report if people are interested.

MP - I said hi when you were in the dinner queue but not sure you recognised me! There wasn't much time for chatting anyway :) Like you I found it a great kick up the backside and very useful to see just how big a reaction Matt looks for when he puts the leg on. It certainly helped my warm-up the next day!

TheMule

Visit site
First time I can actually report on something on here.... my v green rising 5 yr old did her 1st gridwork clinic and behaved very well, especially as she hasn't worked for a couple of weeks and hasn't jumped for 3 weeks. She has been quite tricky to start but time and patience are paying off now as she has a great brain now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhsxutAem9I

{97702}

Visit site
Wow, that's amazing SF - sounds like you've got a great riding school.

I'm very jealous of your littleness SEL. Ponies are so much fun and I was over 5'7" by age 14 :( I really hope my connemara critter will grow just enough for me to not feel bad about riding her, so I could get an appropriate sized sharer and still have the option of pony fun...i think she'll be a little jumping machine when she's older

Loan her to me DabDab? I’m 5’2” :D

Accidental Eventer

Visit site
What makes me think you are not in the UK? Ah yes, the absence of woolly jumpers, waterproofs and mud! Looks great fun.

No, we have had rather the opposite over the weekend and for the next few days. Seems summer is holding on for a little bit longer and I went and got myself heatstroke! Desperate for some rain too.

JFTDWS

Visit site
First time I can actually report on something on here.... my v green rising 5 yr old did her 1st gridwork clinic and behaved very well, especially as she hasn't worked for a couple of weeks and hasn't jumped for 3 weeks. She has been quite tricky to start but time and patience are paying off now as she has a great brain now
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhsxutAem9I

Looks terrific!

milliepops

Visit site
Yeah great video TheMule, and that looks like an amazing arena, where is it?

I did recognise you Jiffy! Was a bit packed in there wasn't it :D Justine said they were going to do more of those test riding weekends so I'll probably book onto one, it sounded brilliant from chatting to some of the other people on the course :) was just terrible timing for my regionals this time :(

TheMule

Visit site
Yeah great video TheMule, and that looks like an amazing arena, where is it?

I did recognise you Jiffy! Was a bit packed in there wasn't it :D Justine said they were going to do more of those test riding weekends so I'll probably book onto one, it sounded brilliant from chatting to some of the other people on the course :) was just terrible timing for my regionals this time :(

Thanks, we're slowly getting there- she's just at that stage where we can suddenly make quick progress as it's all clicking. That's my sister's arena near Salisbury- cool isn't it?! It's a bit of a unique design to work with the footprint of the original outdoor and it's a second hand building so we worked with what we had

j1ffy

Visit site
TheMule - apologies I watched the video and didn't comment! Your 5yo looks lovely, very confident and bold and with such a cute innocent expression! I'm another one who has arena envy...

MP - I would definitely recommend it. Apparently the three-day 'moving up a level' course in August will have a similar format. I'm quite tempted!

milliepops

Visit site
I thought about that one, jiffy... 3 days is possibly a bit much for Kira though. Will give it some thought :)

Wheels

Visit site
I would love to go on one of those 2-3 day intensives but just no access to anything like that here.

Looks like SJ tonight will be off the cards - just too windy for me to take the trailer out :( will do a little jumping at home instead although my arena is tiny so it won't be much of a course!

j1ffy

Visit site
The three days worries me a bit too, particularly as Indio doesn't lie down away from home! He's normally very sleepy when he gets back. However it's three days / two nights it may be doable.

Wheels - where are you based? There were people who had travelled four hours to get there, and I've been to AMD with people from Scotland who have travelled 8 hours or so! Seems bonkers but quite a few go multiple times a year :O Shame about your SJing :( :(

Wheels

Visit site
Hi jiffy - I'm in Northern Ireland, the ferry costs are prohibitive. With the trailer it costs around £500 for the ferry alone

Northern

Visit site
Can finally contribute again! :D

I took my five year old out to her first horse trials in about a year (due to various injuries and circumstances). Big atmosphere with record entries, and I was super proud with how she handled it. XC warmup had a bit of carnage (two riders fell off with their horses doing a riderless victory lap...), but E kept a nice lid on it. She jumped everything super well and we both had a blast. :D Weather was lovely too, it's starting to cool down for Autumn now thankfully :)

Great to read how everyones weekends went, well done all :D

j1ffy

Visit site
Can finally contribute again! :D

I took my five year old out to her first horse trials in about a year (due to various injuries and circumstances). Big atmosphere with record entries, and I was super proud with how she handled it. XC warmup had a bit of carnage (two riders fell off with their horses doing a riderless victory lap...), but E kept a nice lid on it. She jumped everything super well and we both had a blast. :D Weather was lovely too, it's starting to cool down for Autumn now thankfully :)

Great to read how everyones weekends went, well done all :D

Well done, sounds like fun! Ps - your user name is a bit misleading as you're clearly in the Southern hemisphere :D ...very jealous of hot weather right now. We seem to be having an endless winter in the UK!

Bernster

Visit site
March is rubbish for me riding wise as am travelling a lot for work. In the middle of it right now and feeling very weary and a bit run down. Have a few days at home though to refresh.

Fs had a lighter few weeks after hurting his head getting cast one night but I'm hoping the rest will be good for him overall. He's now been kept ticking over via the yard and my instructor.

Managed to fit in a quick school session on Monday to run through a test for an unaff dressage champs which we recently qualified for. Am terrible at remembering the test in a comp environment so am bound to go the wrong way, and will only get to school 2 more times before the event, but just qualifying was my goal so anything else is a bonus.

Northern

Visit site
Well done, sounds like fun! Ps - your user name is a bit misleading as you're clearly in the Southern hemisphere :D ...very jealous of hot weather right now. We seem to be having an endless winter in the UK!

Thanks! Hopefully your endless winter ends quickly ;) My heritage is North (of the equator!), hence username (plus I seem to remember that "Southern" was taken!) :D