My horse is a giant knobber!

seoirse

Visit site
lol :p

What s/he done? Or not refused to do?

Mine managed to get his haynet stuck around his teeth this evening = major panic. Duh. Haynet now confiscated and hay on the floor.

The Fuzzy Furry

Getting old disgracefully
Visit site
<rubs hands>

so ladies, please drop them off - I promise I wont charge you for delivering them, will try to rehabilitate them in time to do beach rides/Derby/4* events (or something! :D ) this summer........

LEH89

Visit site
I don't have a horse that's a knobber, but a little border terrier that is currently cowering away from the tv remote... You know, 'cos those things are so scary when they change the the channel!

Jesstickle

Visit site
This may be long ( I have two, brown horse, BH, and Nits so you understand my waffle!)

brought them both in. G, BH's brother who lives in the stable next to BH, was also in. They have open plan so can touch noses over the wall so BH was not left on his own, not even close.

Took Nitty in the school to do some learning to lunge stuff, she wasn't great but that's another story!

She went all silly after about 5 mins, jumping up and down and spinning around. I couldn't work out why until BH appeared in the field next to the school. He'd leant against his door so hard it had popped open, despite the fact he had company. Anyway, as she was titting about I couldn't catch him with her so took her back to her stable whilst a friend ran round to catch him. The silly sod then jumped the school fence ( which is at least 4 foot six!) and galloped round the school like a tit refusing to be caught.

Idiot creature. He doesn't usually cling to her. Usually I can bring either of them in or out and they'll be fine. He clearly had his knobber head on today. He sometimes does.

So, free to a good home as of today :)

V1NN

Visit site
My horse is a spotty knobber! :) he decided to wade into the big green puddle thats right at the bottom of his field he is currently covered from hoof to belly in algae and muck :) well at least he seemed to enjoy himself..x

Kokopelli

Visit site
<rubs hands>

so ladies, please drop them off - I promise I wont charge you for delivering them, will try to rehabilitate them in time to do beach rides/Derby/4* events (or something! :D ) this summer........

Right you can have mine, if you can get him round Badminton next year that would be fab ;)

JT I think there is something in the air atm which is causing an outbreak of knobber in brown horses. :p

DragonSlayer

Visit site
<rubs hands>

I wouldnt mind you getting my shetland ready for the Olympics next year, are you up to it?

What are your credentials please?

:D

seoirse

Visit site
JT I think there is something in the air atm which is causing an outbreak of knobber in brown horses. :p

At our yard we are sure it's contagious amongst grey horses.

Good luck everyone with all the knobbers! Mine is on box rest and seems to be really loving it! He has given up kicking the door, tipping over his water and pulling in next doors rugs and crapping on them and then rubbing it in. He must be very very sick! :confused:

JenTaz

Visit site
mines is free to a good home ;) almost fell off today hacking back to the yard through a field when he spooked at a butterfly flying past him as they do on a nice summers day, will happily jump hack etc, just dont let him see the horse eating butterflies!

ETA haylage bales left next to a field are also rather scary, and to scary to eat!

Last edited:

The Fuzzy Furry

Visit site
I wouldnt mind you getting my shetland ready for the Olympics next year, are you up to it?

What are your credentials please?

:D

Now, there's a one for me!
Been a long time since shettie grand national days..... but am sure I can train you along with your shettie - were you thinking of the 10 yds carrot sprint or the innovative new class of how to get through 6 fences, 2 hedges in the quickest time? :)

Credentials not needed to be displayed - aint we all experts here? ;)

ChestnutConvert

Visit site
Mine is one too.....for some reason he won't lunge at the mo, just being stupid. And our return to jumping is awful....so excited at a teeny cross pole, no way am i getting on that!

When i'm not on him he's a darling mind...

And don't get me started on various family members....or work colleagues! :mad:

Kokopelli

Visit site

Oh dear sounds like an epidemic! Perhaps we should alert Defra?
a080.gif

DragonSlayer

Visit site
Now, there's a one for me!
Been a long time since shettie grand national days..... but am sure I can train you along with your shettie - were you thinking of the 10 yds carrot sprint or the innovative new class of how to get through 6 fences, 2 hedges in the quickest time? :)

Credentials not needed to be displayed - aint we all experts here? ;)

The 10 yard carrot sprint a deffo! :D

Sure, we is all experts here..but I need to know the colour of your couch as you give CC from your laptop, it's very important!

:O

Jesstickle

Visit site

Good luck everyone with all the knobbers! Mine is on box rest and seems to be really loving it! He has given up kicking the door, tipping over his water and pulling in next doors rugs and crapping on them and then rubbing it in. He must be very very sick! :confused:

My grey has caught it too. She was demonstrating all the symptoms you list above of knobberness today!

The Fuzzy Furry

Visit site
The 10 yard carrot sprint a deffo! :D

Sure, we is all experts here..but I need to know the colour of your couch as you give CC from your laptop, it's very important!

:O

Great will order in 2 tonne of carrots then in prep for you & Shettie.

Now, I don't have a couch dear, as you know, us experts ALWAYS have a different name for things :rolleyes: my preference is 'sofa' (this week) and the current one is a tasteful sludge brown leather which doesnt show the grubby marks when one forgets to change when coming in from ones yard ;)

Other amazing credentials are that I am over 10 yrs old, love chocolate, drink red vino on occasions (lots of occasions actually:D ) and am scarey :eek:

seoirse

Visit site
lol! it's so reassuring to know that actually, about 90% of horses are totally daft.

I managed to wangle a free ice cream from the ice cream van tonight cos I know the man that drives it (got friends in high places me!), I wandered over to the field after to put a rug on our old pony and I sat and enjoyed my magnum before I went to get her, she snuck up behind me though and with one stealthy swipe took the blimming ice cream!!!!

So, horses are knobbers. Ponies are just plain devious.