My horses is named after a loaf of bread...... Any other silly registered names?

JCWHITE

Visit site
Mine is named after a red wine from a Chateau in the the Haute Medoc region of France, Sociando.
I remember admiring the Op's horse when I first saw pictures of him, he's lovely!

Quantock-cob

Visit site
I don't know if I want to declare this is public...it's a shameful secret.

My poor horse has the registered name "NATURES WONDER".

I would really love to know how they came up with that name.

Crugeran Celt

Visit site
My old mare was called Nebo Gypsy and when we bred from her decided to keep it really simple and called her foal Megan, she became Megan V1 on her registration documents. I also have two miniatures they are called Cefn Glan Rosebud or Rosie and Pencarnan MayaMoon or Maya. Just put a deposit on a third miniature and have named her Pencarnan Gwenllian, Gwen at home. She will be arriving later in the year when she is weaned. Love choosing names for the animals but don't always get it right and realise that a little late!:eek:

BackRidingAgain

Visit site
Reading this thread with interest. I am surprised at only one mention of a registered prefix. It is of course not essential, but in the goat world, most owners/breeders have a prefix against which another name is added. This means that everyone can have a goat called 'Polly', but all the registered Prefix names are unique as the registered name becomes 'Prefix' Polly.

Does the horse world not make as much use of this mechanism?

Kallibear

Visit site
It prob is the breeders name as it's the road name of where he was born (and 2min from the producer who I bought him from). However if I lived on Warbarton Street I couldn't be using that as a prefix..........!

He's got some nice names on his passport pedigree and there would be so much scope for something exciting.

I still like Roopert Bear though as he so suits it :eek:

Jnhuk

Visit site
One of my pals came up with a brilliant show name for her new horse but in the end never used it. Would have been a hoot to hear the commentors having fun with the name - Bucking Frilliant!

ex racer rider

Visit site
My mare was called ronnies girl... Eurgh! She was from tryptonic and tobougg so surely they could have thought of a better name. Her stable name fas rosie (equal eurgh) so she was just ro to me.
My other little lad was called bluebell, who names a steel grey cobby stallion bluebell? Serriously? So then I named him trilby.... He really suited the name, that or trill :)

Nightmare before Christmas

Visit site
I currently have a My Harlequin II and Ibbe Polka Amouretta

Pretty boring tbh :/

Had a Ulaine, Whos Joker, Catch me if you can, Moonshine eclipse, out of the blue II, Ice Cool Lad, Copenile Gap (not sure on spelling). Oh I had a Pie O My!

DipseyDeb

Visit site
My gelding (Charlie) is Tom on his passport ( previous owners changed the name) and I had a mare years ago who's name on her passport was Tea party!!

Mince Pie

Visit site
I have named 3 of mine - Olly became Oliver Twist after I changed it from Pickles (!), my clydesdale x was Mary Poppins as she was a really "nanny" of a horse, and my opinionated welshy was called Throwing a Paddy - we wanted to include her old owners name after he died as he was a lovely bloke and a much missed friend.

Highlands

Visit site
Just changed my cobs

Her name is daisy but she was passported as Pretty Penny, fair enough if she had been called penny

Now known as little miss daisy

redmone

Visit site
Dolly's passport just days Molly! (we think her name "Molly" got lost in translation at some point!!) we've given her a show name of Dolly Mixtures! How do I find out if she's ever been registered with another name? I had to get a duplicate passport, so it's a very basic Heinz passport!!!! RM x

micramadam

Visit site
Our 2 yo colt is called Four Seasons. Didn't realise there is a chain of restaurants with that name.
His mother's father was Wolfgang as in Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart and his father is Vivaldi. Name had to begin with F and so we came up with a musical name. Will be brilliant if we ever get to ride a Freestyle to Music with him. Google 'Four Seasons' and Vivaldi' to see what I mean.

Caol Ila

Visit site
I had a grade QH mare who was out of G Whiz and by Mr. Magoo. *sigh* We thought it was an unfortunate sounding pedigree.

The mare got off lightly -- her show name was Angel's Bars but she was known to her friends as Angie.

TandD

Visit site
some of these are fantastic!

my poor little guys got 'bay colt 2000' as his registered name! so we use irish millennium (hes irish and born in the millennium!)

my girls burlyns on a high ...... sounds likes she on something! acts most of the time like she is to!! half asleep and dead to the leg :)

plus stable names dont match show names...toby and darley! but suit them down to the ground :)

wench

Visit site
Private parts...

My dad use to race whippets. Many years ago there were two on the circuit on called Try Sex and the other Sexy Legs...

0310Star

Visit site
My mare's stable name is Star, her registered name is 'Peugeot' .... Yes... Like the car! Funny thing is she was born in 98, not registered until 2005 so I have no ideas as to why they came up with the name! Had many people have a good laugh at it :)

sadiedeb

Visit site
When registered Echo my tb was really tempted to call him "Poof Bags" as that's his nickname in field.

And Archie (who's a new forest crossed with god knows what by when little looked liked donkey out of shrek) so was going to be called "Donks"

And Minnie well her registered name is Violet but she's only Miniature Shetland with a Tina Turner Mane - so we call her Minnie TT

lurcher98

Visit site
I had a shire cross a few years ago who's passport had him called mr jingle with jingle bells in brackets so assume it had been changed or that was his registered name. I called him jack though as there was no way I was shouting that out!