my letter on xc changes and safety is finally finished.

kerilli

Visit site
Ship, you aren't accepting PMs, so can't send it to you!
Gamebird, i was really misquoted in Eventing mag, drat it... it makes me sound as if i complain about Intro fences all the time like a pathetic wimp! and as if i'm happy to pony around on baby horses for the rest of my life. *huff*
wink.gif
wink.gif

BBs

Visit site
Ive just read it, great letter and loads of interesting questions/points.

I have just been looking back at my time eventing. I started out with two intros, Moreton Morrell and Keysoe.
Both encouraging courses, they had to be, my mare got round them and she was the most spooky madam ever to walk this earth.
These courses served their purpose they got me into eventing (had been competing at RC Open HT/ODE) there was no such thing as skinnies or jumps into water - Intro had only just started.
From there I went PN, the good old courses like Syde Park, Tythrop, Goring. All these courses used big bold timber. No skinnies but caused a fair share of run outs/eliminations. These three courses were all good Hunter Type courses - by which I mean youd have a good size hedges, log drop, trakhners and undulating ground. These required attacking riding, and those who rode positively came home with happy faces, in just the same way when you jump you first big hedge out hunting.

I walked Aston le Walls PN course the other week, what I saw was a totally different type of course from the one even 3 years ago.
Im all for change, but I would have had to do my homework ie with skinnies had i been riding a young horse or inexperienced horse.
To me, with such a horse I like to be riding forward into a rthymn not hooking and killing the pace just to keep my horse straight, which, if riding a horse like mine can cause an argument as they are so enthusiastic about everything.
Im not say I go hammer and tong into a fence, check out my record, i have time faults
smirk.gif
because i end up having to set the rthymn a lot slower so I dont have to be checking, kicking on, checking - equally I like to be competitive and its too expensive just to hack around so i feel im being penalised.

What im trying to say is, the old courses like i mentioned above all caused their fair share of problems, but didnt seem to cause falls/rotational falls like some of todays competitions.

gabanna

Visit site
if you are not fed up already, please could you pm to me too, I really admire the trouble you ve taken to get various views.

Saratoga

Visit site
BB - couldn't agree more....i did Aston PN the other week and thought it was the sort of course you wouldn't have got a few yrs ago...same with Goring this yr. It used to be a proper kick on type course but this yr it had about 6 combinations that made you ride backwards and 'show jumper' like due to tiny skinnies or turning questions that would be suited to a 14.2 pony i used to jump!!

Kerilli....love the letter, spot on.

Rhiann0n

Visit site
Thanks for the email, I've added my comments and sent it back.

I've said this privately, but would also like to do so publicly -

Huge congratulations for being sufficiently concerned and brave to do this - Three Cheers from everyone!!

Hip, Hip........

Firewell

Visit site
Please could you PM me the letter too?

My mum gave up Eventing after a nasty accident and saftey interests me too. Thank you

beano

Visit site
Been following the posts on this with interest so would love to see the finished article if that's OK?

diggerbez

Visit site
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
all i can say is WOW! made very interesting reading...BE must surely acknowledge the concerns raised. if they don't then i would send to publications such as H&H and eventing magazine etc...

[/ QUOTE ]

I think Kerilli has already had a bit to say in this month's Eventing mag
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ah good do! hopefully BE will be made to feel uncomfortable then if they try to ignore it!
grin.gif
smile.gif