my letter on xc changes and safety is finally finished.

hotellie

Visit site
Please could you PM me it as well, thank you
smile.gif

Festive_Felicitations

Visit site
Thank you so much for PMing me, the letter was a fascianting read. I really hope people take notice of some of the points you have raised, before more horses and riders are killed/injured. There are so many higher level fences now that I wouldn't want to try even if my horse was theoretically up to it.

Reading your descriptions of lower level courses (Intro and Pre Novice (?)) I realise how lucky I am in that Australia has not gone that way yet and hopefully won't!
At Intro and Prelim we are fortunate to still only have 1 or 2 skinnys out 20 odd jumps at the lower levels, and may be only 1 or 2 straight forward combinations.

Please keep us updated on any responses you get.

kerilli

Visit site
that's very good news Felicity, i hope it stays that way in Aus! our Intro is only 90cms high and i think it is ridiculous to have such difficult questions over such small fences, which are supposed to be encouraging and educational, not testing and trying to catch horses and riders out! plent of time for that further up the levels, but they have to get there first!!

Ranyhyn

Visit site
Kerilli - I thought that was a wonderfully written, informative, and balanced letter. You cannot fail to admit the points raised and surely the powers that be must acknowledge some, if not all of the safety concerns raised..

Well done for taking the time and putting in the effort - lets hope it gets read by the right person, who takes to heed the valid concerns it raises.