My little horse is gone

poiuytrewq

Visit site
After so much struggling and shit and awfulness to get him right.
He was doing so well and looked absolutely amazing, his coat was gleaming and he was happy, we found a happy medium managing him at last.
I found him this morning shaking and unable to move. Xrays confirmed a spiral fracture and he was pts.
I’m heartbroken, truly heartbroken

JJS

Visit site
I’m so sorry to hear that. I also lost one of mine to a freak injury (a broken leg in the field), so I know how difficult and earth-shattering it is, especially when they’re looking so well and happy beforehand.

Please try to take comfort in having done such a wonderful job in getting him to that point regardless. It makes it seem even more unfair in the beginning, but in time you’ll realise that so many horses don’t get that. Yours was one of the lucky ones.

poiuytrewq

Visit site
Thank you all.
I was going over it last night in my head.
At 7 I looked out to see if he was ok, wanting breakfast or if I had time for coffee. He was grazing at that point.
Also his hay was all gone, overnight there’s usually a bit left. He had poo’d as usual all round the edge of the field but was in the middle when I got to him at 8.
I take this to mean that it hadn’t long happened and he’d not been stood in that state for 8 hours or whatever ? that has to be right?

Patterdale

Visit site
Thank you all.
I was going over it last night in my head.
At 7 I looked out to see if he was ok, wanting breakfast or if I had time for coffee. He was grazing at that point.
Also his hay was all gone, overnight there’s usually a bit left. He had poo’d as usual all round the edge of the field but was in the middle when I got to him at 8.
I take this to mean that it hadn’t long happened and he’d not been stood in that state for 8 hours or whatever ? that has to be right?

Yes I’m sure you’re right. I would think he hadn’t been there long at all.

So sorry for you

HobleytheTB

Visit site
I'm so sorry to read this, what an awful shock :(
It won't have long happened before 8, I can't see him having being moving around and grazing all night with such an injury. Do look after yourself x

Reactions: JJS

Ceriann

Visit site
So very sorry - it will have such a shock. It sounds like you got to him quickly - it will be some real comfort. I lost mine to a field accident - badly broken leg and she had not been there long which helped a lot. Take care of yourself x