My next equine project horse

OrangeAndLemon

Afraid of exorcism
Visit site
Own up please, who sent Ted a Secret Santa gift - Fully illustrated instruction manual on how to rodeo bronc ?

Judging by yesterdays antics he has read it from cover to cover.

Ahh sorry, that was Ernie. He got one for Christmas but as he's already read that one, he regifted it. Ernie has also offered to send you his slow motion video of his effort (it wasnt filmed in slow motion, it's just that anything requiring more than trot appears in slow motion with a suffolk)

hollyandivy123

Visit site
Own up please, who sent Ted a Secret Santa gift - Fully illustrated instruction manual on how to rodeo bronc ?

Judging by yesterdays antics he has read it from cover to cover.

has he mastered the all 4 feet off the ground about 3 ft, with the back two managing an extra 2 ft, whilst performing a half twist......................then he has only got to page 4................it was a 20 page how to book............there might be more surprises...............i thought it was horse yoga for calming...............sorry

Nicnac

Visit site
Problem is Ted read them and then promptly ate them as he is so very hungry...... He has however promised Alice, Dim Tim and co that he will tell them bed time stories as he's managed to remember all the good bits he read. A whole herd of rodeo horses :p

AdorableAlice

Visit site
That must have been a sight and a half!

Depends from where viewed - his 7st, first year veterinary student rider was somewhat alarmed to find herself launched into orbit. My view from alongside him was concerning given that his huge feet were level with my knee and even more worrying in that I might have to explain to veterinary students mother had said student had been splatted on the road. At least he had the decency to stay straight and managed to catch his tiny jockey as she returned from orbit.

Tiny jockey normally rides Alice, but Alice has been throwing tantrums recently and I decided tiny jockey would be far safer on Ted, after all the cost of Uni is substantial and I don't want to be responsible for any injuries and missed lessons. None of my ridden horses are having bucket feeds but all are ridiculously sharp, I am beginning to think my haylage is rocket fuel !

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Wasn't me, but fully convinced Ted has been doing a late night webinar on the topic and has got mine doing it too!

He was naughty again yesterday. The walk button has bust it would appear. He has got a flounce on after being told he has gone from 794kg to 740kg in 8 weeks. I have removed his phone just in case he rings World Horse Welfare - again !

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
He was naughty again yesterday. The walk button has bust it would appear. He has got a flounce on after being told he has gone from 794kg to 740kg in 8 weeks. I have removed his phone just in case he rings World Horse Welfare - again !

Well if you starve the poor creature half to death, how do you expect him to behave?

Some people, eh Ted ? ?

Last edited:

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Well, it was always going to happen at some point and I should be relieved that it has taken 7 years and 8 months of ownership for it to happen.

The furry fool, all 17.2 and 900kg of him finally managed to step on my foot and I only had welly boots on o_O. He is fully shod, thankfully his road nail missed me and he moved very quickly when I screamed. The Sunday lunch packet of frozen peas is in a tea towel wrapped on my foot. At this present moment I don't know whether to laugh, cry or vomit !

On the positive side he has recently lost a good 100kg in weight, always look on the bright side :D

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
Well, it was always going to happen at some point and I should be relieved that it has taken 7 years and 8 months of ownership for it to happen.

The furry fool, all 17.2 and 900kg of him finally managed to step on my foot and I only had welly boots on o_O. He is fully shod, thankfully his road nail missed me and he moved very quickly when I screamed. The Sunday lunch packet of frozen peas is in a tea towel wrapped on my foot. At this present moment I don't know whether to laugh, cry or vomit !

On the positive side he has recently lost a good 100kg in weight, always look on the bright side :D

I think vomit is the best of those choices, then you can eat guilt free chocolate to console yourself. Laughing might have people wondering whether to lock you up and crying is a bit predictable?

Commiserations AA, I hope the peas work. You can still cook them later.

SEL

Visit site
Ow! I still struggle with feeling on my right foot after 700kg stamped to get rid of a fly - right on my foot. I had to wear my old, super wide trainers for weeks.

Hope the peas work...

Michen

Visit site

Am quite relieved now you didn’t send big Ted down to Hampshire.

Hope your foot is ok!!!

View

Visit site
Ouch Ouch Ouch!

Even if he has lost weight!! Good call with the peas, and I agree that vomiting is the best course, as not only will it allow guilt free choc, but also the anaesthetic effect of wine.

Meredith

riding reluctantly into the sunset
the sat-nav is wrong, go farther up the hill
Visit site
It makes the small split on my cheekbone and swollen black eye seem a blessing. C obviously forgot where I was when swinging her head to look over the stable door yesterday.
The result was 3 1/2 hours in A and E and a glued cut.
Keep the gin cool as well as the foot AA.

Pippity

Visit site
OUCH. I'm still missing a lump of toe from when a similarly-sized, thankfully-unshod Shire trod on me, so I know exactly how much it hurts. (That horse has also been responsible for breaking my finger. I've handled him once, and never ridden him, but he always manages to get me.)

planete

Visit site
Memories of our Ardennes mare standing on my foot. My OH had to pick me up off the floor. Bring on the peas and the gin! I hope it stops hurting soon and there is no lasting damage.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Memories of our Ardennes mare standing on my foot. My OH had to pick me up off the floor. Bring on the peas and the gin! I hope it stops hurting soon and there is no lasting damage.

Thank you all, Ted said sorry, reckons he didn't see me, funny that because he saw the bucket of slimming world chaff on the floor in front of me well enough.

I've got away with it quite well, purple and black and bit numb but not too lame.

Alibear

Visit site
Sorry to hear about the pancaking of the foot, but glad to hear that its not looking too bad. I still think a liberal application of gin is the way to go.

View

Visit site
Well at least he said sorry - which is more than can be said for the brat that rode his scooter into my ankle in the bread aisle in Tesco tonight.

I'm joining you with the frozen pea ice pack, and gin for anaesthesia.

The real question remains unanswered: has the furry fool agreed to be more careful in future?

I hope your foot recovers swiftly.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Well at least he said sorry - which is more than can be said for the brat that rode his scooter into my ankle in the bread aisle in Tesco tonight.

I'm joining you with the frozen pea ice pack, and gin for anaesthesia.

The real question remains unanswered: has the furry fool agreed to be more careful in future?

I hope your foot recovers swiftly.

Sue Tesco, they might give you free loo roll ! Ted is very sorry and promises to never do it again - well as long as I am not between him and a snack. He is in strict bootcamp at the moment and has shed a lot of weight which is helping keep him sound along with his special Jimmy Choos and the lack of a nice winter duvet. He does have a little vest for extra cold days though.

There is a small chance he might do a bit of low level dressage again this year, I hope so because he does love a good party day out and is fun to take out.