My next equine project horse

Hanson

Visit site
Will be nervously thinking of you all on Tuesday morning...I'm sure Ted has it all under control. I'm sure he has a timetable mapped into his smart phone and a list of all things to take made out ready.

Madame mare sends good luck wishes, confined to the field she knows that stressage takes a lot out of you so ((((positive vibes))))) sent.

TonkaTrouble

New User
Visit site
I stumbled upon this thread while goggle searching what to do with my newly purchased Clydesdale gelding who is 2 and a half and is scared of his own shadow (I haven't owned a heavy before). I have to say after reading your adventures with Ted I have hope for Tonka's future, it has given me a better idea of how to handle my boy who has had several moments identical to Ted. Many thanks to you from Australia, looking forward to reading more.

JenHunt

Visit site
Look out everyone, if you are on Ted's speed dial you are about to get a message. He has sacked me and is looking for a new money tree, poop shoveller, agent, driver and all round idiot.

He was due to go out on Tuesday and strut his newly found canter in his first prelim test. In fact he was going to do his first two test day with a W/T and the prelim, but I cannot get the day off so he is grounded and he is furious. Who taught him those naughty words ? Looking at you Ron and given that Ted has a lisp some of those words came out very wrong !
/QUOTE]

I asked Ron about this and he just shrugged and strolled off whistling tunelessly....

Ron is still being a delinquent twit..... he's coming up 22 and has not had anything other than fibre to eat for months, but is reasonably fit.... none of which is really a cause for 4 miles of extended trot I'm sure.... plus he's been reading Hovis's diary and has developed an irrational fear of all sorts of things he wasn't previously bothered by.....

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I stumbled upon this thread while goggle searching what to do with my newly purchased Clydesdale gelding who is 2 and a half and is scared of his own shadow (I haven't owned a heavy before). I have to say after reading your adventures with Ted I have hope for Tonka's future, it has given me a better idea of how to handle my boy who has had several moments identical to Ted. Many thanks to you from Australia, looking forward to reading more.

Oh my word, Ted has gone international.

My advice TonkaTrouble is - never give up, it is worth it and you will succeed. It would be nice to see Tonka.

Fun Times

Visit site
Oh lordy, 2016 is obviously the year of the Independent Ted, going off on his own, doing stuff with his friends, not even asking for a lift places - eek AA, you have the equine equivalent of a teenager!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Oh lordy, 2016 is obviously the year of the Independent Ted, going off on his own, doing stuff with his friends, not even asking for a lift places - eek AA, you have the equine equivalent of a teenager!

Too true ! but we had a plan today, just in case he has an asbo moment tomorrow, he was taken for a 10 mile hack this morning which included the 'special' hill. Furthest he has ever been and he didn't make it home having to be led the last mile. I have just put him to bed and he is yawning like a good one. I have told Alice to ring him up at 2am and then again at 4am to ensure he is pooped by morning. There is every chance he will stagger up the centre line and lie down at X.

TonkaTrouble

New User
Visit site
attachment.php
[/IMG]
Oh my word, Ted has gone international.

My advice TonkaTrouble is - never give up, it is worth it and you will succeed. It would be nice to see Tonka.

Yes Ted has most definitely gone international :)
Here is a pic of my boy Tonka, lots of growing and filling out to go yet :)
attachment.php

Greybird

Visit site
Been checking in regularly for todays exam report - hoping everything went really well.
Will be back after cooking, eating and washing up (and glugging a glass of wine)

AdorableAlice

Visit site
DSCF2266_zpsb8m3dnrm.jpg

I am officially redundant, not required, forgotten and past my useful date.

Ted was foot perfect all day. No baby behaviour, his rider said it was like taking a mature horse out. Loaded and travelled well, stood rock still to be mounted - phew ! and managed a respectable 69% for third place in intro B, he did not do the prelim test as someone failed to enter him, less said about that the better, oops.

I am thrilled, what a little star and hasn't he come a long way.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Gorgeous picture of grown up Ted! And what a foot perfect report! ......or is he lulling you into a false sense of security!

Hope not but who knows with young horses, he did decide he didn't want his feathers oiling this evening and did a bit of a war dance. I have news for him, they are coming off in the spring.

Tiddlypom

Carries on creakily
Visit site
Hope not but who knows with young horses, he did decide he didn't want his feathers oiling this evening and did a bit of a war dance. I have news for him, they are coming off in the spring.
Was he getting his own back on his competition secretary? Poor Ted, deprived of the chance of showing off his new found cantering skills in front a judge for the first time...

Seriously, more congratulations to the whole Ted team. That's a cracking photo, too.

vallin

Visit site
DSCF2266_zpsb8m3dnrm.jpg

I am officially redundant, not required, forgotten and past my useful date.

Ted was foot perfect all day. No baby behaviour, his rider said it was like taking a mature horse out. Loaded and travelled well, stood rock still to be mounted - phew ! and managed a respectable 69% for third place in intro B, he did not do the prelim test as someone failed to enter him, less said about that the better, oops.

I am thrilled, what a little star and hasn't he come a long way.

Oh he's so handsome!

MargotC

Visit site
^ Now THAT highlights the remarkable transformation.

This thread really puts emphasis on what the right care and handling will do. A horse like Ted could have ended up both looking and acting very different in different hands.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Gosh he looks fab, what a star and what a cheery story just what I needed. Bet you never knew what therapy Ted would be for you and all of us followers x

Understatement !, it has been running nearly 4 years now and without the encouragement from you all I would have given up on him by now. Another hurdle to clear next Wednesday, it is the dreaded annual scan for the 2nd year post treatment, can't sleep or think straight. All will be fine, I must stop being a drama queen. My husband has suggested we do something nice, I wonder if a new rug and a nice leather headcollar for Ted would be judged 'nice'. Might be pushing my luck !