My next equine project horse

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Thank you for all the good wishes for the dreaded hospital visit, not heard anything yet so as far as I am concerned no news is good news.

Now, can someone please take Ted to Specsavers and me plus my car to be valeted. Ted will not be troubling any of the eventers out there that is for sure after this mornings failure.

This morning I opened a gate into the field adjacent their mud patch, it has a rather deep and welly sucking gateway. Alice and her half brother Dim Tim came bowling over very excited at the prospect of a different field. Dim Tim is rising 3 and all legs, he gave a graceful leap over the mud clearing it by a good bit, Alice looked at it suspiciously before doing the minimum leap possible and a bit of a shuffle, she did not want to chip her nail varnish or splash her tutu.

Ted is still across the field and taking no notice so I called him, big mistake ! I am holding the gate open and carefully balanced on a drier patch. He set off flat out getting to the gateway in a nanosecond and he launched, not over but straight up like a blooming jump jet. At this point I realised this was not going to end well ! I could not let the gate go and run because it would swing at him, so I just stood there and thought oh $%$%%.

What goes up comes down, directly down in this case, no attempt to stretch out at all. The resultant mud tsunami was epic and the lot came my way. My cosy furry head band resembled a drowned rat, my face covered in mud, my coat and jeans pebbled dashed. I had to sit on a feed sack in my car to go home. He was not even slightly sorry, bonkers blooming carthorse.

Note to self, when the time comes for him to see hounds, obtain crash test dummy that is confident over ditches and has a velcro bottom.

*Whinney*

Visit site
Good luck for your results AA x

And I feel a bit bad but hahahahahahaha :D Silly Ted. Maybe he meant to fart on the way up hoping the power would propel him forward?

Hope you are now defilthed and having a cup of tea for the shock. Aftershock of the landing that is :D

npage123

Visit site
"I had to sit on a feed sack in my car to go home..."

Haha, good old multi-purpose feed sacks. I know the feeling.

Luci07

Visit site
Checking in for a positive update on your 2nd year check up AA..

Thank you for the chuckle. Those of us on clay can really feel for you..

Disgusting smell when I walked back in home yesterday having been up in London for an interview.

It was my yard coat. Liberally covered with mud and reeking of equine pee. I blame my friends mare as she has a nasty habit of pulling down her rugs at night and I had stuck a turnout on her when I mucked her out that morning. Note to self, if I ever date again, I really must ensure there are absolutely no equine clothes lingering in the kitchen...

jojo5

Visit site
Another checking in for your positive update re check.............no news is good news is a good mantra! Wish I could draw cartoons - Ted landing mid-mud would be great! (tho maybe your bit of the cartoon not so.....!!!)

meesha

Visit site
Bless Ted! My 5 year old thinks cantering (very nice canter tbf) through deep clay gateway is hilarious! Luckily I dont need to be anywhere near :)

teacups

Visit site
Wow. That sounds spectacular, thanks to your vivid description <not laughing, oh no, perish the thought> and it's probably a good job no-one was around to take post-mudtsunami photos.
He must make you feel so grateful to be alive! <g>

Hope you get news about the scan, it might niggle away at you otherwise.

Adopter

Visit site
Your way of describing Ted's antics always make me smile, you paint such a vivid picture, mud baths in some circles are thought to be good for the skin.

Hope scan results are given soon, so you are waiting too long for news.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Ted's girlfriend Adorable Alice took the limelight today, and about time too. With no regular rider and the time of year Alice has become accustomed to a lazy life consisting of nothing more than eating and sleeping.

She has done some hacking out but never alone. This morning she went alone with her young riders mum and I walking a small distance behind. I realised why I love ID's, she was golden, sensible and bold, looking at things but barely reacting. We were so pleased with her, she hadn't been ridden for two weeks. It is no wonder Avanti Amorous Archie is so popular as a sire, he puts fantastic temperaments in.

Excuse the scruffiness !

Alice%20hacking%20alone%20march%2016_zps0jlkftpe.jpg

Her young rider was rather pleased this morning.

Alice%20March%2016_zpsqlydko6j.jpg

Ted is entered for Prelim One next weekend and will canter in public for the first time. It has taken a long time to get the canter sorted out, he loves to canter and offers it all the time, trot is boring so he just misses it out. I hope next weeks judge is deaf because there is a lot of talking to Ted going on at the moment and it is all 'listen and trot you furry fool'.

Really looking forward to next weekend.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
That's a brilliant update! Amazing when you think how far Ted has come :) what job is Alice destined for eventually?

All round fun horse for the lovely young rider on her in the pictures. Assuming all goes to plan her rider will get a place at vet school and be able to take Alice with her. That is a little in the future. I would like her to have a go at lightweight cob in the summer and ID partbred showing.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Ted has left home, didn't even pack his haynet, just legged it.

Remember our handsome soldier friend from the Blues and Royals ? He is home and came visiting this morning. The soldier has not seen Ted for two years.

Ted was mortified to hear the words 'they would love him in the army'.

If Ted turns up with any of you please give him porridge, he left without breakfast and will be hungry. The soldier is more handsome than I remembered him to be, I wish I was twenty years younger, swoon....................

Hanson

Visit site
Does Ted need to see a Careers Advisor?

Poor lad probably thought the press gang had arrived. Did he take his mobile? He might make contact when he gets hungry.

Clare85

Visit site
Don't panic AA, Ted is fine. He flagged me down this morning as we were pulling into Chessington World of Adventures. I let him join in with our mother's day festivities, and he was very polite and well behaved - although found it difficult to hide his disappointment that The Bubbleworks ride was closed, and it was a bit of a squeeze around the table in the pizza restaurant. He's fed and watered and making his way back to you as we speak, should be almost home by now I would think :D :D :D

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Don't panic AA, Ted is fine. He flagged me down this morning as we were pulling into Chessington World of Adventures. I let him join in with our mother's day festivities, and he was very polite and well behaved - although found it difficult to hide his disappointment that The Bubbleworks ride was closed, and it was a bit of a squeeze around the table in the pizza restaurant. He's fed and watered and making his way back to you as we speak, should be almost home by now I would think :D :D :D

I am still waiting for the soldier to appear, doesn't look promising. Thank you for looking after Ted, has he had any blue smarties ? He is going out in the morning to use an indoor school, if he has had blue smarties he will be bouncing off the walls.

Clare85

Visit site
I am still waiting for the soldier to appear, doesn't look promising. Thank you for looking after Ted, has he had any blue smarties ? He is going out in the morning to use an indoor school, if he has had blue smarties he will be bouncing off the walls.

I'm happy to report that no blue smarties were consumed, although he did look worryingly interested in the fish being thrown to the penguins. They were too quick for him though :)

chaps89

Visit site
Oooft, he's a bit big for doing that!
Alice looks lovely, if she ever needs a new home please feel free to send her my way, very nice stamp of horse.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Ted does look to be a big power house! Glad to see he returned in time for his outing.

The trouble is he generates the power and can't handle it. It is going to be a long time before he is established enough for a fat old lady to ride him that is for sure. The whoa and the go is in a muddle at the moment, luckily his rider has endless patience and loves the horse.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
If any of the lovely HHo's are competing at Swallowfield in the morning I apologise now for Ted's unruly behaviour that will happen. Best not to get in his way because his go button is stuck in the go fast mode and the handbrake does not work. I think he misunderstood that Prelim 1 is a dressage test and not the Pertemps Champion Hurdle.

We had abandoned the idea but changed our minds and they accepted a late entry. He has been twittish at home all week and needs his mind occupying badly, so tomorrow he is on the lorry for intro B and Prelim 1, lets hope the judge has a sense of humour, Sunday he is doing a marathon hack and Monday is off to Solihull for a lesson. If he is not asleep all day Tuesday I will be worried.

His rider spent two hours preening, trimming and washing Ted this afternoon, the feathers were gleaming, note the 'were'. Turned out into the barn Ted dug a hole and rolled in cow muck, that really did not go down well and his feathers are now green. Why worry I said to his rider, after all the ecking furry and very green fool will be going so fast the judge will see nothing but a blur.

Report to follow tomorrow.