My next equine project horse

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I'm still trying to work out what he was trying to do with it!

Be assured you are not alone ! At least the pocket rocket is a 'whatever' girly.

In the back ground is Miss Sick Note herself, Adorable Alice. She managed to miss an outing yesterday due to unsuitable ground. She is entered this coming weekend, indoor on a Martin Collins surface. I await her next excuse to get out of two simple prelims.

teacups

Visit site
That is hilarious. Looks as though he just clipped the leadrope clip to the bit? Which left the collar dangling.
I will cross fingers for miss Sicknote, i.e. that she won't wriggle out of any events this weekend...it may help, you never know...

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Close your gates, Ted is looking, yet again for a new home. Forget the Emily King crowd funding, Ted is looking for a food bank. He has contacted World Horse Welfare explaining his body score has hit 0. There is a bone on show, just look at that shoulder, there is a bone. In fact there are two bones, a matching pair indeed.

Of course he will not admit to feeling better, being sound, regaining his balance in his work and not giving his rider crippling back ache. All of that is not relevant. I dare not tell him the vet said more is needed, there is no doubt he will either squish the vet, or eat her. Poor chap spends his day studying the ground waiting for a blade of the green stuff to dare to poke above ground, it is tiring work you know. Meal times are madly exciting times and the paltry haynet is sucked until it is begging for mercy.

He seems a lot taller since losing a little bulk, or is he growing again ! please the former, he is big enough.

2lbneol.jpg

ycbm

Einstein would be proud of my Insanity...
Visit site
I look forward to your posts as much as I do Finnish Laphund's

:D yet again

AdorableAlice

Visit site
He is looking very handsome, has Alice not told him you have to learn to go without and work hard to achieve perfection?

If Alice said that to him he would punch her lights out, pee in her handbag and hide her lippy. Alice has never done a decent days work in her life and her idea of perfection is ensuring she remains on benefits whilst all the others do the work.

She has an entry tomorrow and I have just decided to leave her inside this afternoon just in case she has a run round when a horsefly bothers her and lames herself.

As far as a Saturday job for Ted is concerned, it is a while since milk was delivered by horse. I did hear there was a lack of crop pickers around us so maybe we could send him to pick fruit, he loves strawberries.

MyBoyChe

Visit site
Fruit pickers are actually supposed to pick it and take it to be weighed in containers, not eat as much as they can and then get weighed themselves to show how much they picked. Does Ted know this is the way it is done, before he gets all enthusiastic. PS, Im another who loves to see an update on this thread, you write with such love for your horses and always with such good humour even when times are tough x

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Who put Dim Tim in Adorable Alice's bedroom then ?

She is immaculate in the stable and is allowed to have a clothes rail to hang her vast array of clothing on. She poops in one corner, never disturbing it, has her clothes on one wall, her dining area in the corner and her handbag in the other. Nothing is ever out of place, grubby or untidy.

Dim Tim has done some serious rearranging, she is going to need valium when she sees what he has done and he needs to go into hiding for a good while. Look at her hat, he has squished it flat, it is Royal Ascot next week what the heck is she going to wear ! her navy blue lightweight turnout number didn't make it over the door with all the others, it was found pummelled into the water trug.

2hrmyc7.jpg

DirectorFury

Visit site
I hope you're all well AA. I'm just bumping this up as I know how disappointed you were to lose the old photos due to Photobucket being incompetent - they've reversed their decision and now the majority of the old photos are showing on the thread again :)!

AdorableAlice

Visit site
I hope you're all well AA. I'm just bumping this up as I know how disappointed you were to lose the old photos due to Photobucket being incompetent - they've reversed their decision and now the majority of the old photos are showing on the thread again :)!

That is good, the photos show his transformation so well. His thread is quiet at the moment as he is still out of work. I am keeping everything crossed that my wonderful team of vets can help him.

His long suffering girlfriend is dressaging on Friday and then has a small hunter class next weekend. The weather forecast is predicting 30 degrees, I forecast a major tantrum from her and me ! neither of us do heat.

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Miss Sick Note has finally come good and left Ted The Twit trailing in her wake. Super proud of my little homebred girl today. Three years of waiting and only possible with fantastic veterinary care, endless patience and a fab team. (the photo and others were purchased on the show ground today and belong to me).

24ph2wy.jpg

28chssy.jpg

AdorableAlice

Visit site
She looks an absolute picture of good health! But I feel like I've missed something - what's up with Ted?

Thank you, Alice is both flattered and flattened at the same time. Flattered by the lovely comments and flattened by the hard work and heat today. I left her to relax when we got home and found her this evening with her chin resting on her stall guard, her ears at right angles and her eyes tight shut. Totally and utterly knackered !

Ted hasn't been quite level for some time now, his personal and long suffering veterinary is working hard to get the furry fool back to his former self. Step one being lots of pounds off his limbs. The drought is helping him and he is hacking in walk again now. As he has matured he has turned into a big heavy shouldered horse and his gait has changed from straight, uphill and smooth to lumpy and pounding. He actually looks pure Shire now although he isn't.

We will get him right, certainly not giving up on him. 100kg off him and 50 off me would do neither of us any harm !