My next equine project horse

sky1000

Visit site
I too am very glad you are continuing this thread and I am also pleased to see the fearless cat (wouldn't mind a few pics of all....)

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Ted has been to a party. Socially distanced of course and accompanied by his 7st lady rider he 'enjoyed' (lose term) a farm ride yesterday. His rider remains in a darkened room and is in need of therapy, a good chiro and a box of plasters for her blistered hands.

Social distancing wasn't an issue as he took absolutely no notice of his companion perched in his saddle and took his own route from start to finish. Ted has never been taught to jump and he is not naturally built for being airborne, however that mattered not as he hurled himself at all the logs and little obstacles along the route with great glee, no control and no thought for his lady rider who was rather glad of his copious amount of mane to cling on to.

No one got in his way, lets face it, would you stand in the way of an over excited rampaging cart horse. The horse with him was left for dead within 5 minutes of the ride starting. My suggestion of taking him again soon for more education was received with a stoney silence, how about a big bit ? -silence, valium for horse and lady rider ? - silence. He didn't mean to run off, after all he hasn't been anywhere for ages, he was just being a bit jolly, you know how lovely and kind he is - silence, didn't he get tired and run out of puff ? - No he did not. Back on the naughty step then..........

ITPersonnage

Visit site
I can remember exactly this scenario when I loaned a horse "Frank the tank" was his name. He had the time of his life, I did too but it took a while for me to see it like that ... :) As long as they're all in one piece, where's the problem?

I seem to recall becoming detached from Frank once but he did stop & wait for me, bless him. All in a days work for a cart horse. So pleased to see this thread burst into life again.

View

Visit site
Dear Ted,

I know that you enjoy life and letting everyone see just how handsome you are. However, may I be so bold as to suggest that not listening to the lady who gave up her time to accompany you to this party was not demonstrating the gallant behaviour for which you wish to be known?

I am sure that you will apologise profusely to her.

Yours hopefully,

View

AdorableAlice

Visit site
Not gonna lie, Ted is my equine hero ?????
I hope his poor rider (crash test dummy) is ok....or is she still not speaking to either of you..?!?!

Ted remains asleep, the camera shows him flat out and twitching his little feet and ears. Probably dreaming of Saturdays adventures. His tiny lady rider has commenced a 2 week placement in pig husbandry for her veterinary career so we won't be seeing her for a little while now. She did say her ride was fun and was like being at Alton Towers. Having never been there I am unsure if that was a compliment or not for Ted's behaviour !

Pippity

Visit site
Ted remains asleep, the camera shows him flat out and twitching his little feet and ears. Probably dreaming of Saturdays adventures. His tiny lady rider has commenced a 2 week placement in pig husbandry for her veterinary career so we won't be seeing her for a little while now. She did say her ride was fun and was like being at Alton Towers. Having never been there I am unsure if that was a compliment or not for Ted's behaviour !

I'm sure she was referring to this lovely, peaceful ride.

1596452811340.png