My toddler wants to name his new mini Shetland mare 'Kevin' HELP

Wildfox

Visit site
Collecting our new pony tomorrow. A tiny miniature coloured mare, who currently has no name. She is passported as 'Ponette deux' because she was the second pony to be passported that day, apparently they were all passported that way but with 'trois, quarter, cinq' etc...

So, I asked my dear son what he would like to call her.

Son's response: KEVIIIIN!

I did try to explain that, she was a girl, but I got a death stare in return, and I'm drawing a bit of a blank with names.

I was hoping I might get some ideas here that I can suggest to him. The little mare is the sassiest little thing I've ever met, so something different to match her larger than life attitude and that's fun and quirky enough too.

OR... do we just go ahead and name her Kevin?

southerncomfort

Visit site
LOL!!! I don't think you have any choice!

Maybe you could gradually change it to Evyn or Erin or something that sounds a little more feminine. ;)

Damnation

Visit site
Collecting our new pony tomorrow. A tiny miniature coloured mare, who currently has no name. She is passported as 'Ponette deux' because she was the second pony to be passported that day, apparently they were all passported that way but with 'trois, quarter, cinq' etc...

So, I asked my dear son what he would like to call her.

Son's response: KEVIIIIN!

I did try to explain that, she was a girl, but I got a death stare in return, and I'm drawing a bit of a blank with names.

I was hoping I might get some ideas here that I can suggest to him. The little mare is the sassiest little thing I've ever met, so something different to match her larger than life attitude and that's fun and quirky enough too.

OR... do we just go ahead and name her Kevin?

I'd call her Kevin :D

Shazzababs

Visit site
LOL my son wants to call every pet we get 'Poppy' and or 'Suzi'.

We now have 2 guinea pigs and 6 chickens called either Poppy or Suzi. No idea why he likes the names!

You could use 'Kevin' as the stable name and have something else as her show name? Kevinna ?

ihatework

Visit site
I reckon Kevin will stick!!

Slightly better than 'Stevie Wonder' which is what my 4yo nephew names everything

Wildfox

Visit site
Oh god, so, it looks like she might be a Kevin then...! Pahaha, I'm going to have an interesting time explaining that to people :)

I'll post some pictures of her tomorrow, I actually didn't take any when we went to see her!

Annagain

Visit site
I named my (female) cat Oscar when I was a kid. I knew she was a girl but I was determined to have a cat called Oscar so there was no discussion. She was my cat and that's what I was calling her. I wasn't even a toddler, I was 10 :eek:

Corbie

Visit site
Bribe with ice cream and sweets, then give 'a choice' of names from a list that YOU have compiled. In that way your toddler still feels he got to choose....?!!

PorkChop

Visit site
Nothing wrong with Kevin :D

When my daughters were little they named one of ours Sugarplum Fairy :eek: bearing in mind she was a very stocky and stout cob :D

Peregrine Falcon

Looking forward to drier days
Visit site
My son wanted to call one of ours Gate. I said no! I told him what she was going to be called after using the letters in her registered name to make one. Compromise and call her Keri.

turnbuckle

Visit site
Run with it. TG is quite the thing, you know....

Actually, I used to know a TG dog. Or bitch to be precise. Or dog. Hard to know which way round really. In any case, it was a dog in a bitches body!

rhylis

Visit site
Kevin is a great name!
My brother let my nephew name their new chicken and he chose Happy Tulip for some bizarre reason known only to himself. You may have got off lightly with Kevin!

Wildfox

Visit site
He's just back from crèche so I've asked him again what he would like to name her and he said 'Keviiiin cause she's cheeky'... (the logic of a a two year old)

I can work with cheeky Kevin - CK for short?

Ladyinred

Visit site
I know someone who bought an absolute saint of a pony. Totally 110% trustworthy with any tot.. but, poor lad, he had to be the ugliest pony ever seen. He got saddled (excuse pun) with the name 'Beautiful Amanda' and they were forever the laughing stock in showing classes!

ElleSkywalker

As excited as Kitty about to be a bridesmaid
Visit site
That's fine :) Kevin is far better than some of the names I occasionally call my 2 mini Shetlands:redface3:
Elleskywalker on here has a lovely shettie mare called Nev :D

Tis true, my shetland is called Neville. She def a girl, had a foal and everything. It suits her :D

Nev will be delighted to hear of another cool named mini pony :D