Never thought I’d be writing this :(

Odyssey

Visit site
I'm so pleased to hear that things are going well with Prince, and also that someone on here is helping you, that's so kind. Having their help sounds invaluable.

Prince is such a lucky horse that you decided to keep him, and you have my full admiration for the way you've made the best of the situation for both your sakes. It's heartwarming that you love him so much, despite all the upset and stress you've gone through, and I hope he continues to bring you joy for a long time. I know that your daughter rides the old chaps cob, which is lovely. Are you able to ride him/her too, or is it too small?

Keira 8888

Visit site
I'm so pleased to hear that things are going well with Prince, and also that someone on here is helping you, that's so kind. Having their help sounds invaluable.

Prince is such a lucky horse that you decided to keep him, and you have my full admiration for the way you've made the best of the situation for both your sakes. It's heartwarming that you love him so much, despite all the upset and stress you've gone through, and I hope he continues to bring you joy for a long time. I know that your daughter rides the old chaps cob, which is lovely. Are you able to ride him/her too, or is it too small?
Sadly he is a little too small but I get my happiness from watching my daughter! Thank you so much for your lovely message xx

LegOn

Visit site
Delighted for you! It's a lovely continuation of the story.

Unfortunately with the passport, as others have said, it means the horse was microchipped (as per the law) but they were was no submission of a stallion cert or registration of his breeding to HSI. You can get DNA testing done but only if know who the parents are or the stallion is at least, and then they can test against the database but they cannot do a 'matching' DNA if you get me. And then it depends if the stallion was registered with HSI. There might be an address of his breeder but the highest likelihood is the passport will be blank :confused:

When I got my horse, his passport didnt have his breeding but there was a hand written note about the dam & sire, I submitted his DNA to HSI & he came up as a match to them both but then they wouldnt record the breeding unless they got a copy of the Stallion cert, which hadnt been submitted. I contacted his breeder & the stallion owner, who were both lovely & they sent it in for me & got his breeding recorded. :) I learned that its in place to protect Stallion owners from non-payment, you cannot register the breeding without them giving you the cert, if you havent paid the bill then you dont get it!

Well whatever about his past, he has a very lovely future to look forward to - he is a very lucky pony to have you as his human x

Keira 8888

Visit site
Thank you so much everyone for your lovely kind replies - its great to be able to keep you guys up to date on our journey and I appreciate everyone’s support so much.

We had a pretty special day today. My incredible lady (I wish I knew how to tag her on her but her username is “alwaysmoretoknow”) came to train us and as you can see from the photo is was a very special day. My daughter is on cloud nine. I was very emotional. Without this incredible lady we wouldn't be where we are now. She has taught us so much. Always patient. Never makes me feel silly. She is a godsend. If you are reading this Angie - thank you ?

Attachments

• C92A5F28-0745-4A4D-A540-61EA0821C9AD.jpeg
    C92A5F28-0745-4A4D-A540-61EA0821C9AD.jpeg
    80.6 KB · Views: 180

Keira 8888

Visit site
Delighted for you! It's a lovely continuation of the story.

Unfortunately with the passport, as others have said, it means the horse was microchipped (as per the law) but they were was no submission of a stallion cert or registration of his breeding to HSI. You can get DNA testing done but only if know who the parents are or the stallion is at least, and then they can test against the database but they cannot do a 'matching' DNA if you get me. And then it depends if the stallion was registered with HSI. There might be an address of his breeder but the highest likelihood is the passport will be blank :confused:

When I got my horse, his passport didnt have his breeding but there was a hand written note about the dam & sire, I submitted his DNA to HSI & he came up as a match to them both but then they wouldnt record the breeding unless they got a copy of the Stallion cert, which hadnt been submitted. I contacted his breeder & the stallion owner, who were both lovely & they sent it in for me & got his breeding recorded. :) I learned that its in place to protect Stallion owners from non-payment, you cannot register the breeding without them giving you the cert, if you havent paid the bill then you dont get it!

Well whatever about his past, he has a very lovely future to look forward to - he is a very lucky pony to have you as his human x
Thank you so much ? xxx

Pippity

Visit site
Thank you so much everyone for your lovely kind replies - its great to be able to keep you guys up to date on our journey and I appreciate everyone’s support so much.

We had a pretty special day today. My incredible lady (I wish I knew how to tag her on her but her username is “alwaysmoretoknow”) came to train us and as you can see from the photo is was a very special day. My daughter is on cloud nine. I was very emotional. Without this incredible lady we wouldn't be where we are now. She has taught us so much. Always patient. Never makes me feel silly. She is a godsend. If you are reading this Angie - thank you ?

What a wonderful photo, and what a fabulous outcome.

Gingerwitch

Visit site

We had a pretty special day today. My incredible lady (I wish I knew how to tag her on her but her username is “alwaysmoretoknow”) came to train us and as you can see from the photo is was a very special day. My daughter is on cloud nine. I was very emotional. Without this incredible lady we wouldn't be where we are now. She has taught us so much. Always patient. Never makes me fwoeeel silly. She is a godsend. If you are reading this Angie - thank you ?
Wow, is that someone on Prince ? X

brighteyes

Pooh-Bah
Visit site
Well, that took some reading! The OP took all the advice and comments very well, never losing patience nor becoming defensive in spite of the awful dilemma and shock she faced. This type of situation crops up all too often and is a dream-shattering, heartbreaking bank-emptying mess. Often the outcome is not pleasant and often enough to make the gloomy predictions, warnings and advice more than reasonable in such a situation. It's not good news for the horse, either. I wish I could find the post about the 'nice-horse-turned-nightmare', all because it failed to handle the upheaval of a move and the new situations. I find they all have a 'default setting' to which they revert whenever they are taken into a new situation like this one has. Also, it's dead easy to make a horse rear if it really doesn't (or does) want to do something and you try to force the opposite.

I would like to believe, despite the alarming evidence and rotten backstory, this is just a sensitive horse who has barely coped with the new circumstances, people, company and food and simply gone into its preferred self-preservation 'NO!' behaviour. Time, diet overhaul, experienced help and we could soon be reading a revised version of
Never thought I’d be writing this :D

Been there done that, so it's entirely possible!

Good luck OP and keep us updated. Take it slow and remember one bad day doesn't mean the future is a write off.

Last edited: